Skip to content

A Simple XP cap remover. Now compatible with Siege of Dragonspear!

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @D3V11_

As I say in the first post in this thread, high level abilities are not present in the game resources and may cause problems. There is a mod in the forum that adds all the HLA back in the game if you want to play around with them.
    miranRAM021
  • D3V11_D3V11_ Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2012
    yes sorry for making you repeat yourself, I meant to focuses on the spells that "miss behave" and ended up trailing off to abilities as well and forgot you have mentioned that (I have read the instructions in the first post a while ago and did not reread it before posting, I apologize for that).

to rephrase the question: the high level spells that "miss behave", they are doing so because of the same reason as the abilities, correct? EDIT: or are the high level spells considered abilities? sorry for misunderstanding.

EditEdit: actuly... Don't answer that, I'm sure that's exactly what is happening, I withdraw my question.
    Post edited by D3V11_ on
    No problem. :). I believe the high level spells are present in the resources but they may be bugged old versions as we don't know what what is the base version of ToB used to start development, although I assume it was the latest version before the EE came out. If that's so and we're talking about actual spells, such as wish and not HLAs such as Summon Deva it may be just a bug.

After BG2EE is released, it'll be a simple matter to copy the new debugged versions of the resources to BGEE.
    D3V11_RAM021
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited January 2013
    This file disables HLA screen upon level up:

LUNUMAB.2DA
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4xflxrrgSrwb3ljWFVOMWpjZ2M

For those who need it..

installation:

Unzip to override folder...

uninstallation:

Delete the file from override folder...
    mlneveselolien
  • ZahelZahel Member Posts: 3
    It took me a while to get it to work, but now it works wonders.
    Thank you.
    @Zahel You're welcome :)
    RAM021
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    The genie can't talk because his wish dialog isn't in the tlk file, since he doesn't exist in EE. I've had similar problems importing some items from BG2 to BGEE, since some of the resources their effects are based on, aren't included in EE.
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    not working, i tried to set values to like 500k but still get onl 161k exp
    @satyrion Where did you place your override folder? Which files did you change?
    RAM021
    edited January 2013
    Placed the 00766 folder here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\data\00766

Inside there i have the 3 files, all set to -1 like they were when i downloaded them, because -1 should mean unlimited exp right?

When i however use CLUAconsole to try and get more than 161k exp it wont go higher... i wanna cast lvl 6 druid spells!

Edit: i also tried to set exp cap to positive 500k inside the 3 fileslike this but the result was the same

START_XP_CAP 500000
    START_XP_CAP 500000
    DRUID 500000
    edited January 2013
    is there anything more i have to do than download those 3 files and place them where i did?

Edit: i was able to fix it by placing the files directly inside the overide folder :)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override

Now am lvl 11 with 2 werebears following me arround!
    @satyrion Glad it's fixed :). Enjoy!
    RAM021
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    Thank you so much @mlnevese , worked like a charm. My FMT solo hit the exp cap long before I even started Nashkel mines and that's no fun. Your solution was easy and quick, great job.
    RAM021
    @Abdel_Adrian You're welcome :)
    RAM021
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2013
    I'm not crazy about 4Shared and it's iliVid installation application. Is it possible to host the files as attachments right here on the forum?
    @Lemernis I always keep reminding myself that I should upload the files to the thread and keep forgetting it.... this time it's done :)
    lolienRAM021
    edited February 2013
    Thanks. Um, what happens if you place those three files in the Override folder for a current game? I tried placing them in the Override folder to test out leveling up via the CLUA Console and discovered that the CLUA Console was rendered inoperative.

So I would just add

CREATE TABLE options (
    section string,
    name string,
    value string
    );
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    in Baldur.ini again?
    Post edited by Lemernis on
    Urd1en
    @Lemernis Yes, but that is strange, I never had this behavior and sometimes I forget to install them after an update so I have to place them in an already running game.

Are you sure you don't have an illegal entry in Baldur.ini that is forcing the game to restore the default?
    RAM021
    No illegal entry to my knowledge. I did just install EEKeeper though.
    I'll try this and see if I can reproduce this behavior, but I often change files in the override folder and never had this happen.
    RAM021
    I just placed the line above in Baldur.ini using ConTEXT and everything seems to be working fine. At least with respect to CLUA Console and a test level-up to 250,000 XP. I had to close and reopen the game of course.
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    Ah thank you so much. I've never done anything like this before, and after a few tries I got this to work perfectly. You're awesome!
    mlnevese
  • ThadeusThadeus Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    i did the update. do all of the files go in override or just the 3 exp mods?

also my saved files wont load in the game anymore but lvl cap is changed and i still have my saves,
    what is the proper path for saved games
    @Thadeus which OS are you using? Windows or OSX?
    RAM021
  • ThadeusThadeus Member Posts: 2
    sry i figured it out by reading a diffrent thread
    Ok.
    RAM021
  • BGEE123BGEE123 Member Posts: 5
    I added the files to my override folder (Mac OSX) but the cap still remains 161k... Do you know if there is a prob with these working on a Mac?
    edited May 2013
    @BGEE123 There are no problems in a Mac, I own one myself. Make sure that you added the files to your override folder and not in a folder inside the override folder. Also your override folder should be in the same place your chitin.key file is located.
    RAM021
    Thanks. It is the same Override in the place called with the chitin.key file. Is there supposed to be a .txt extension at the end of the files? There was when I DLed them. Didn't work, so I removed the extension...still did not work.
    Figured it out! I had individually downloaded the files. Somehow messed it up... Needed to take them as the whole Zip.