Skip to content

A Simple XP cap remover. Now compatible with Siege of Dragonspear!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Thanks for this! I've used your mod for the first time this weekend while playing with my wife in a multiplayer game. W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!
  • logrussologrusso Member Posts: 3
    Flozem said:

Works on android too. Just add the override folder and 2da's from this thread.

Where should I create the override folder on Android?
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    logrusso said:

Flozem said:

Works on android too. Just add the override folder and 2da's from this thread.

Where should I create the override folder on Android?
    Data/beamdogbaldurs etc/ files/

Override goes in there just, create it or it may be already there
  • eckistereckister Member Posts: 37
    this is something I couldnt very well live without, since I re-play BG 1 a LOT with the same chars. I know you know this, but YOU ... ARE ... AWESOME!!! ^^
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Does this works on Icewind Dale EE ?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @brus I never tested but i see no reason for it not to work with Icewind.
  • zolopzolop Member Posts: 14
    So if I use the XP cap remover and I import the characters from BG1 EE into BG2 EE does it allow the higher level benefits (EG elemental summoning princes of the planes, Fallen Angel , Planeter, fighting abilities, etc) work. Or does it allow the higher level cap but not being able to select the higher level abilities? THank you for this mod, I with their was a gameplay option (in the form of a checkbox when starting a new game) to remove the level cap.

Thank you!
    @zolop You can't select any High Level Ability while in BGEE. In BG2 you may select them normally.
  • Also, I'm pretty sure that there's not enough experience in BGEE to get even a solo character to the point where you'd get HLAs. I did a duo run with PC + Imoen without the level cap, and doing everything got me to about 600k xp each.
  • slater1000slater1000 Member Posts: 1
    Works great. good job.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    It's my impression or this cap removal isn't working anymore?
    It does. the 2da files are still the same.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    strange, maybe i have some incompatibility... well, no matter, i installed xp cap removal from BGII Tweaks.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    mlnevese said:

It does. the 2da files are still the same.

I confirm, still playing bgee with the latest patch and it works just fine.
    I took the chance to say thank you!
    Can i ask if you think it will work with SoD?
    @Daevelon No reason not to. They are default 2da files for the engine.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    kamuizin said:

It's my impression or this cap removal isn't working anymore?

I suspect that editing the xpcap.2da isn't enough - you'll probably have to edit startare.2da and startbp.2da as well.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    All three of those files are already edited to remove the xp cap...

And of no help but anecdotal evidence: last time I played, it was working for me.
  • ndaileyandaileya Member Posts: 1
    I'm having trouble downloading the file. I can only select it as an image and not as a zip file. This there another download/ link I could use? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong since it seems to have worked for other people
  • BobTheBaconatorBobTheBaconator Member Posts: 4
    ndaileya said:

I'm having trouble downloading the file. I can only select it as an image and not as a zip file. This there another download/ link I could use? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong since it seems to have worked for other people

Im having the same problem
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Download is working for me still. Make sure you have JavaScript enabled for this forum in your browser, and make sure to left click the icon, not right click->save image etc.
    I did, left click does nothing. as for the javascript, i cant imagine that i dont. but how do i check?
    @BobTheBaconator I just tested and the forum download is working normally for me as well... What browser and OS are you using?
    windows 7 and google chrome
    Well, I removed an adware extenison i found linked to my chrome browser, and it let me download it after that.
  • EmianEmian Member Posts: 3
    I like xp cap because of it really makes choosing which are better, single, multi or dual class and its combinations.
    But i dislike native 161k xp cap because of it don't allow some interesting combination before entering in bg 2 (f.e. kensai 9 > mage or dual ranger 7 > cleric).
    Therefore i make another "light" xp cap remover, which raise cap to 500k xp. May be it will be useful for someone else. :smile:
  • EmianEmian Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, file there.
  • PoustmanPoustman Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    Have installed the OP's original file; looking forward to trying it. Thank you!
  • imONzombieMODEimONzombieMODE Member Posts: 1
    does anyone have the file or the link to the file?
    would anyone please send it to me?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603

does anyone have the file or the link to the file?
    would anyone please send it to me?

It's tacked onto the bottom of the opening post on the first page of this thread.

• terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    What I don't get is why this has to be a mod instead of a configuration option in the first place. People can grant themselves 25 strength and no permadeath as an option now, why not make the XP cap something that can just be switched off?