Skip to content

New Game Update #2 Build 2009

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2012
    @ADHD:

There is already a topic about that issue here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10353/stuttering-audio-on-movies#latest

Some people (like me) have already experienced the problem after updating to 2009..

Post there, maybe a solution will be found! :D
  • ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
    oops, sorry, didn't read the title right
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    Well great good goodly moogly they even patched a bunch of stuff they did not even mention like the the 'bag always grey' problem. And pathing is so much better. Though the the ranged AI is still slightly insane.

But did they really mean to put the the campfire cg there when you use the inn?
  • ppnoirppnoir Member Posts: 9
    Finaly the game is working for me! Thanks for the effort, I never thought you will done it so fast!
  • AikimoxAikimox Member Posts: 8

Aikimox said:

Now, your second update came and Beamdog's client (the most useless client I have ever installed on my machine) forced the update and thus broke it again!!! Now, not only I can't play it normally, it doesn't even finish the download to install the update.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the game. With regards to the updates, I use the standalone installer (not the Beamdog client). It tells you an update is available, but doesn't force you to apply it. I realize it's a pain uninstalling and then redownloading the game via the installer, but it might help you with your update problem.

Regards,

Raven
    Yes, I have tried that and didn't click update, went straight to start but it wouldn't launch , the process would run and use 15% of the CPU resources yet no go. I had to completely wipe out the client and the game, redownload the standalone version, let it run its update forever, restart it a few times until it's finally got updated but would only launch in compatibility mode. At this point that's ok, I'm good to go.... thanks for the suggestion, btw.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2012

After the game wouldn't start up for me, I did a full reformat of my laptop followed by a reinstall of Windows 7 64, and the only thing I did immediately following was use Windows Update. I then redownloaded and installed BGEE to get the same problem I had before. So please, don't tell people "it's on them".

... etc. ...

@NewBeginning Congrats, you are an exception to the rule. Do you want a cookie? A pat on the back? Nothing is absolute, I wasn't saying that no one should complain, but let's be honest here: Most people didn't try as hard as you did. Most people gave up instantly. I applaud you for being reasonable and actually trying to get things running, and I am sorry you have not had success with the game as of yet.
  • TurelusTurelus Member Posts: 23
    Great work thanks!
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    i told all of you!. Patient is a virtue :D

After solving localizations issue..I can start to play :D
  • broker30broker30 Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    TrentOster said:

Fix list:
    Updates to English, French, German text

Great job !!! but what happened with polish voices??
    Post edited by broker30 on
    They dont say nothing about spanish but they fixed it. Polish is not fixed?
    I just read what wrote TrentOster not checked yet
    edited December 2012
    No, just polish text without voices :(
    No english voices in polish localization?
    I have English voices and polish text, but no polish voices
    Ahhh ok. We too. But for now, we can hear something...That was the big problem. Hear native voices, at least for me, is a minor issue. But yes...I hope they will enable native voices soon.
    Me too :)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Team is working hard: 2nd patch in just one week from launch. It's nice to see you so dedicated, but I didn't expect anything else, seeing the dedication you showed in the past year.
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    Shandyr said:

Flaming Fist reputation loss bug fixed

Is this about the Flaming Fist soldier south of Beregost?

[spoiler]
    I'm guessing it's for the reputation loss from killing the 'mercenaries' on saving Eltan (?) from his doppelganger healer in the FF headquarters in chp. 7.

Does MP with more than 2 players work now?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Aosaw said:

It hasn't been added to the Options menu, but the line in Baldur.ini now works the way it's supposed to.

@Aosaw Ah, ok. Thanks :)

I hope they will add some of the baldur.ini stuff into game options.
  • Mad_SweeneyMad_Sweeney Member Posts: 12
    YES! It ran fine on my desktop day 1, but it wouldn't start on my Alienware m11x unless I ran Win95 compatibility mode. I noticed that many people on the forum that shared my problem also had an Alienware m## laptop. Since the patch, the game runs like a dream on my laptop from the launcher and WITHOUT the need for compatibility mode! Never played the original BG with mods (yep, never used TuTu) so I'm seeing the game with new eyes. Love the new content and the minor touches like ammunition stacking to 80. Thanks for all of your hard work guys!
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    Keep em comin'. :D
    *thumbs up*
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    Sorry if I'm adding to negativity here, but I'm still experiencing the same problem in MP (the 2nd and 3rd player issue). If someone got it to work with this patch, your input would be appreciated!
  • DarkovanDarkovan Member Posts: 90
    How can i download this update? why launcher crashes when i click apply update?
  • DaemondevirDaemondevir Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    I installed the latest update today on my Win8 System, and the game starts, but I have just a black/white background in the Game. No Graphics, only the figures are looking normal.
    I assume I have to wait for the next patch to get it running on my Laptop(Win8).
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the update guys! The game is running only slightly faster than before for me, I guess I'll have to wait for the Direct X renderer. Keep it up! :D

EDIT: So I was at the Friendly Arm Inn when Tarnesh decides to attack me. It was all laggy until he casted Fear upon my party (yeah, me and Imoen) and suddenly.... the game went at full speed! Maybe the circles beneath the characters are made with OpenGL? I have no way to explain this, because those circles desappeared with that spell.
  • MerlinMerlin Member Posts: 15
    So does this fix the "can't sleep indoors Multiplayer bug"???
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Thanks. Keep up the good work!

(No fewer-monsters-are-spawning-in-the-game bug fix?
    No Multiplayer-freezing-because-the-advertised-but-not-included-new-movies fix included?
    No fix-for-characters-not-doing-what-you-told-to-them, AI-overrides-the-orders-included?
    These 3 bug was the most important for me. Hoping for the new patch then.)
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Keep up the good work boys
  • Wiesel007Wiesel007 Member Posts: 2
    Just installed the patch and it wiped my quest log clean.
  • Wiesel007Wiesel007 Member Posts: 2
    OK, don´t know why...but after a few minutes and saving and reloading the quest log entries reappeared.

All fine now.