Skip to content

Bug: Random commoners appear (Final Fight, Thief Maze, Werewolf Island)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • adzmodeanadzmodean Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I've found a random commoner too - this one was in the Thieves Maze in Chapter 7.

http://imgur.com/1lpM1

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Shandyr said:

@adzmodean

single or multiplayer?

The screen is single player - no chat window.

I wonder what ctrl-M says about these commoners, anyone who sees them try to get as much info as they could: ctrl-M then screenshot the printed stats (they also appear in the game log, if logging was enabled).
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Speaking of the chat window @Avenger_teambg, is the glitch with the chart bar sticking when the screen moves up/down for dialog posted as a ticket?
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    I encountered random commoners in a multiplayer session. They just appeared at the Gnoll stronghold. Didn't take a screenshot though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    @Avenger_teambg

Updated my photo to show ctrl+m information. The thumb is still wrong though, so just open it.

@Avenger_teambg

Updated my photo to show ctrl+m information. The thumb is still wrong though, so just open it.

I don't see any ctrl-M info.
    edited December 2012

@Avenger_teambg

I don't see any ctrl-M info.
    Did you click the thumbnail? I changed the imagine on Photobuckets end, so if your browser is still caching data (you haven't closed it in the past 24 hours) or you did not click the thumbnail, you won't see it.

• FubblesFubbles Member Posts: 7
    I encountered my random commoners in SinglePlayer although I took my SP game and moved it to MP briefly to create my own party. Moved it back afterwards of course.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Observed behavior: While playing multiplayer, I attacked Noober to get him to leave me alone. He ran off and started getting attacked by farmers, which amused me, so we went to the Carnival. However, we kept hearing Noober yelling for help, and the farmers' attack rolls and damage kept popping up in our combat log, so we went back to Nashkel only to find about four different Noobers, identically damaged, running around from farmers that may also have been multiplying.

Expected behavior: One Noober is enough, please keep it that way. I'm pretty sure this happened due to Noober repeatedly entering and exiting buildings, which is similar to a bug that I recall encountering in BG2 and ToB. I'm pretty sure that the official patch stopped that from happening back in the day, so a similar fix may help to stop NPCs from multiplying. As for combat text appearing while I'm on a different map, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen at all. Perhaps it was a quirk of playing multiplayer?
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    Madhax said:

One Noober is enough

Hahahaha, I'd say more than enough! What a funny glitch.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    @Deltaslayer Yeah, it was pretty funny. My brother (who I'm playing this multiplayer game with) and I had to split the party and round up the Noobers, since they kept dodging in and out of buildings to get away from us.
    This is probably an easter egg. Kill the noober with fire till you can.
    edited December 2012
    I just made it through the Thiefs Maze and saw '2' commoners at the same location @adzmodean saw one.

I've also had 4 commoners spawn in the Undercity after resting. They all wandered up and are stuck up against the temple. There are several bats doing the same thing. Is it possible that commoners are spawning in place of the bats? Also it looks like they are set to go to a location rather than wander.
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
    edited December 2012
    All of them are the same commoner? (Ctrl-M tells their filename as CRE Resref)
    edited December 2012
    @Avenger_teambg

I have a few things for you:

1. Here are the two CTRL+M that I got. The 4 commoners in the Undercity were the same that I could tell.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2. I've also attached a .dmp from a crash on the final battle for you to check out. It happened after Sarevok was killed but before the movie played.

3. I noticed that on the final battle that the game can start chugging, like the CPU is being overburdened by scripting or spell animations or something. The screen was loaded with web/cloudkill/etc but those spells do not cause this behavior elsewhere, so they are probably not the cause.

4. Serevok wears a ring of free action but I'm able to debuff and catch him in Web. Is that right?

edited December 2012
    Dump from #2, sorry.

*edit* Upload thingy isn't working. File is 117 MB.
    Yeah, i doubt I can transfer such big files to the devs :(
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I think this is the same bug, but I'm not sure. I'm in the cloakwood mine and just found 5 commoners and 5 instances of Taris in the second level, all grouped together like they are supposed to be an encounter with enemies. Judging by what the commoners say, they too are supposed to be in Nashkel. Also, I mentioned in another thread that I had seen Taris in Peldvale.
    edited December 2012
    This bug is annoying. Why would it happen to Taris (a new npc), but not with a lot of others.
    Why did this happen in BG trilogy... And why don't i see this O_o.

OP: do you have any mods installed?
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I have no mods installed and my problem is the same but with the Nobleman of the golden pants, a Halfling Man, a Ulgoth's Boy, 2 Commoner and a Mercenary.
    The only mod I have installed is the BG2 Tweaks paperdoll swap for robe/armor.
    edited December 2012
    And you guys play this multiplayer, singleplayer or local multiplayer?
    Did you see/talk to them in the same session in their right place?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Local multyplayer, talked to them in the same playthrough.
    I've also noticed one thing: new copies of them spawn every time I sleep or load the game.
    I have an idea, maybe they passed an area transition? Like, you fought near them and they passed a door or such.
    I have an idea, maybe they passed an area transition? Like, you fought near them and they passed a door or such.