Skip to content

Bug: Random commoners appear (Final Fight, Thief Maze, Werewolf Island)

1235»

Comments

• switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited April 2015

Vanilla BG1 never had enemies fleeing through exits, so there the change was done easily.
    Vanilla BG2 is different, it allowed fleeing through exits. It is not an unintentional bug. The original programmers had to make some effort to implement it like that. So, we can't just remove that feature, unless it causes a bug.

@Avenger_teambg Hmm, as mentioned above that player had exactly the same bug in BG2:EE multiplayer, although with Taris from BG:EE (same NPC that is mentioned many times in this topic). I wouldn't link it to EET bugs and based on what I read here it looks more like an engine problem. EET doesn't really change anything major in the game outside of allowing to play BG:EE content in BG2:EE and yet the problem occured because of no NoLeaveArea variants of actions in RUNENEMY.BCS. This may suggest that the problem is also present in BG2:EE engine, although no reports from vanilla BG2:EE players limits the reasons behind it to BG:EE content only (which EET adds). In this post CamDawg mentioned:
    CamDawg said:

@Avenger_teambg was finally able to replicate this, so I think we're finally close to a solution.

Do you remember what you did to replicate this problem reliably in BG:EE? I could test it in BG2:EE with EET and without and maybe further limit what is causing it. For now I think it may be somewhat related to Nashkel and Beregost NPCs only, maybe some other places. Strange that it doesn't happen in BG2 areas.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I've had a look at this in BGII:EE (several times now) and that appears to require three things to happen.
    Multiplayer mode (no clients needed)
    A creature trying to move areas
    Loading the game. e.g. Save > Load > Save > Load will create two more instances.

Might be the same here but I haven't looked.
  • rhinofishrhinofish Member Posts: 1
    Man, Same thing. This is killing me. 1000 pheasants appear as I'm about to fight Irenicus, the game then crashes. Can't progress. I went around and spent an hour killing all the pheasants only for them to respawn as soon as the door event occurs. Is there any way to fix this?