Skip to content

Kagain infinite conversation loop

bigbonedbigboned Member Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Hi,

I removed Kagain from my party in Nashkel triggering his farewell conversation. After telling him that I don't need him, he should just go away. However, he just keeps coming back and starting the same conversation and he follows me around town as well. Pretty much makes the whole outside area unbearable. (He doesn't follow me to indoor areas). I had to kill him to get rid of the conversation. I'm not sure if it was a one off thing or actually a bug tho.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• jigglylizardjigglylizard Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    I dropped Kaigain in town. He just hangs around waiting for me to come back. When I do, he spams the heck out of me. As long as I'm near him, he just keeps asking to join every 1 second or so. If I try to leave he follows me. If I am anywhere near him on the map he tracks me down.

It was funny at first, especially when he says that he's not seeking attention. It's gotten quite annoying now though as I have to decline about 25+ times everytime I'm in town.
  • AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    I'm getting this with Rassad. "How may I enlighten you?" Every 1 second. I may even have to abandon this save, nothing I've tried fixes it.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Happened to me with Rasaad too, I fired him first so he returned to Nashkel and when I went there it started all over again, so I killed him. Fixed the problem:)
    I supposed you could try to put him in your party and then drop him two seconds later. That would mean dropping someone else first for me, and I don't know where I would pick them up again.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    @jigglylizard Would it be possible for you to send us a Save Game? I've fixed Rasaad, but I think this may be a different issue and a save game would help us nail down the problem.
    Sure where are the saved games and how do you want me to send it to you?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Saved games are where your user documents used to be, for example on WinXP

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Dokumentumok\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save

You can simply zip up the saved game folder and attach it in the forum as a new note.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    @jigglylizard What Avenger_teambg said :)
    I can't find him anymore! I don't see him in Nashkel anywhere after scouring the map twice. He is not in his shop anymore. I don't really mind as I wasn't going to use him as a party member anyways but it's odd I had returned before the recent patch and he would hound me.

Maybe the Rasaad fix also worked on him?
  • MountieXXLMountieXXL Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    If you let Kagain join up and then leave him standing somewhere, eventually when you see him again he will initiate a rejoin party dialog, over and over and over again, he doesn't stop and the duration between dialogs is <=1s. Kagain should "go pester someone else".

The only thing that makes this bug bearable, is that the guy stays within the general vicinity of where you left him, so running away actually works after 20ft.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    I write here, because the subject is the same.
    Could someone solve the bug inside Kagain quest?
    Just after adding him (in the beginning of the game), I move the party in the area of the caravan but Kagain decides to give-up with the search...It would have to be a known bug from BG1.
  • TemplarTemplar Member Posts: 21
    I had the same problem, and eventually I let him join me, just to have him stop pestering me. He then spoke to me again, urging me to start on his quest. After that I kicked him again, and the pestering stopped. So I guess it has to do with the quest-reminder he will give us, if we don't do it within reasonable time.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I had Khagain in my party for some time. I travelled to the Friendly Arm Inn, and he left the party since I hadn't found his caravan yet. That's fine and normal. But now, whenever I pass him trying to get to the inn, he comes and talks to me over and over wanting to join, and if I let him join he immediately yells at me for taking too long and leaves the party again.

Exhibited behavior: Khagain keeps initiating dialogue with the party wanting to join it. If told no, he initiates again. If told yes, he joins then immediately leaves the party again. This is after he has left due to my taking too long to do his quest.

Expected behavior: Khagain either needs to just disappear after leaving the party or either accept no for an answer when asking to rejoin or stay with party after rejoining.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    This is a known bug.
  • derstderst Member Posts: 2
    I have exactly the same issue.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited December 2012
    So my party just cleared the Nashkel mines and went back to Nashkel where I left Kagain. Now when I try to walk past him he starts again and again and again(he basically tries to restart as soon as the old conversation window is closed) the conversation about joining the party. This is frankly annoying as hell as he even keeps running after you. In the time it took the see the mayor about the quest reward he probably opened the conversation around 50 times.
  • notcromnotcrom Member Posts: 6
    He keeps trying to get back in the party and follows me around, asking over and over to rejoin. Would be nice if he waited a lot longer before running after you.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I remember that from the original BG1. For some reason, under unknown circumstances, certain party members did that (I had trouble with Yeslick). This bug was likely carried over from the original into EE. I don't think they were ever supposed to chase you down like that. They should be waiting for you to talk to them.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    If you don't need him, i can offer a workaround: ctrl-y the bugger.
    registering
  • derstderst Member Posts: 2
    Kagain infinite loop desappeared this morning. Thank to 2010 update?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
  • PzyberPzyber Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Kagain keeps telling me over and over again that it's about time you got back. I have to struggle to get out of his shop. It's like the Rasaad bug before it got fixed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2012