Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2010

Comments

• DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Much appreciated, keep up the good work!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Oh my, I've given this a quick test and the spawn system really is much, much better now. I've seen 5-6 gnolls and swarms of xvarts pop up in the woods.

I'm not sure what has actually changed with the zoom feature, but what really bugs me about it is still broken. Please make the game save the zoom level last used by the player over area transitions, reloads, and game restart.

That and the characters ignoring issued orders bug. That one is quite distracting as well.
  • TheWitchkingTheWitchking Member Posts: 6
    Does this update contain a fix that would enable me to increase the game FPS above 30? Since BG2 came out I have played and replayed the BG series at 45FPS. It has become impossibly slow to run it at 30. I tried editing the *.ini as there is no console, but with no success. Help anyone?
    Thank you.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yes, spawn system now seems to work better, although I think it only works on areas unvisited in a save game, areas that were visited are saved in the save game files and are thus immune to patch.

A small bug:My mouse cursor becomes the cancel/not accesible sign when looting from ground, or clicking on character portraits. Like, when I have Jaheira cast cure light wounds on a party member by clicking on its portrait, the spell casting cursor is gone, but it still works when I click. It was not like this before this patch. Hmm..
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831

Does this update contain a fix that would enable me to increase the game FPS above 30? Since BG2 came out I have played and replayed the BG series at 45FPS. It has become impossibly slow to run it at 30. I tried editing the *.ini as there is no console, but with no success. Help anyone?
    Thank you.

That was fixed in the last update.
    How do I update my game?
  • forgotten_wolfforgotten_wolf Member Posts: 28
    @TheWitchking, i started playing after a few updates and my game is a lot smoother...not sure if it is because i have FPS set to 60 or if the patches did anything
  • JoeWalkerJoeWalker Member Posts: 75
    @forgotten_wolf - Could you explain about changing the fps thing - I know very little about computers and it might help out - any help would be great
    @TheWitchking - You can find the updates through the beamdog client - they should be there automatically ready to download
    edited December 2012
    JoeWalker said:

@TheWitchking - You can find the updates through the beamdog client - they should be there automatically ready to download

Increasing the FPS would make your game run faster. By faster I do not mean speed in the sense of smoothness, but rather a faster pace. E.G. At a 30FPS it would take your character 10 seconds to get from A to B. However, at 60FPS, it would take your character 5 seconds to get from the same A to B. I mainly use this to cover areas faster as my party moves too slow at FPS30.

@JoeWalker

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-customize-your-game#latest

it is explained here how to increase FPS in the game, by editing the Baldur.ini file. The frame rate is set to 30 in the file, you can increase it up to 60 which effectively doubles up the speed of the game for those who find the walking/attacking speed tedious. It is said that increasing it higher than 35 could result in bugs in some in-game cutscenes. (Like, Gorion's battle with Sarevok) but I haven't tested it. I find 40-41 ideal.

JoeWalker said:

Increasing the FPS would make your game run faster. By faster I do not mean speed in the sense of smoothness, but rather a faster pace. E.G. At a 30FPS it would take your character 2X seconds to get from A to B. At 60FPS, you would get from the same A to B in X seconds. I mainly use this to cover areas faster as my party moves to slow at FPS 30.

the problem I'm having is that my game lags making it crap - would this help the gameplay a little?
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    That is just amazing, knowing that one of your favorite games is being updated/patched and is brought back to focus again after so many years. Brilliant!
    edited December 2012
    JoeWalker said:

JoeWalker said:

Increasing the FPS would make your game run faster. By faster I do not mean speed in the sense of smoothness, but rather a faster pace. E.G. At a 30FPS it would take your character 2X seconds to get from A to B. At 60FPS, you would get from the same A to B in X seconds. I mainly use this to cover areas faster as my party moves to slow at FPS 30.

the problem I'm having is that my game lags making it crap - would this help the gameplay a little?

I think not. This does not improve game-play in the sense of performance.
    lunar said:

@JoeWalker

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-customize-your-game#latest

it is explained here how to increase FPS in the game, by editing the Baldur.ini file. The frame rate is set to 30 in the file, you can increase it up to 60 which effectively doubles up the speed of the game for those who find the walking/attacking speed tedious. It is said that increasing it higher than 35 could result in bugs in some in-game cutscenes. (Like, Gorion's battle with Sarevok) but I haven't tested it. I find 40-41 ideal.

I did try that when I got the game a day after release. While the *.ini was changed the gameplay remained the same. I've been told this works only in the updated version?
    @TheWitchking - I think I'll give it try and just see what happens - thanks for your help
    @TheWitchking

Yeah, I guess FPS increasing works correctly only after the 3rd patch. I bought and downloaded my copy just recently after the 3rd patch so it has always worked for me. Haven't you downloaded the patches already? Today's patch also fixes up monster spawn problems. The team sure works hard for this game.
    edited December 2012
    The game launches outright, I do not get the Play/Update options, it goes right in.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    kangaxx said:

I'm still waiting for the mac version.

Me too.
    Me too, though am happy playing the Windows version via Bootcamp for now, will transfer my party over when the Mac OS X native version is released.

BTW I am assuming the Mac version will be kept as up to date as the Windows version and we won't have to wait for updates?
    toanwrath said:

@Elminster
    Just attempted to get the Elven Chain in a new game started post patch; still didn't drop. Next patch perhaps eh?

Damn! In my current game I ended up CLUAing in, otherwise what's an evil fighter/mage to wear? :-)

Seriously, the rate at which youre banging out these patches is impressive.. I hope all the haters take notice of this, and I hope the "Improved spawn rate" makes the random spawns closer to the original! :).. Thanks.

Yes, they do listen to their customers well. Community cried '30 FPS is too damn slow, I can not play this game like this aaargh!' and they patched it up in a few days. Later people said 'Monster spawns suck! It is no fun!' and they patched it up quickly too. Huge thanks to developer team and kudos!

Suiboon said:

Messi said:

Are those areas you had already been to? I don't know how it works, but I encountered pack of six wolfs in area I hadn't been to previously but still single wolfs, xvarts, etc. in an area I had previously visited.

To test this out I loaded a save game where I'm fresh out of Candlekeep with Imoen, went east, met 2 lone, separate Xvarts on map, went east again, met a single gibberling, went north until I found a lone mercenary who proceeded to kill us. Yes I was only level 1 and had only 2 people in the party but that shouldn't mean that the world is populated by groups of 1.

Could someone comment on the situation with the Xvart village and Gnoll fortress? I haven't played that far nor will I until this gets really fixed.
    I'm just about to do the Gnoll Fortress, so will find out soon. The Xvart Village was pretty empty, not the usual genocide, but I did that without the latest patch yesterday.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    After update i got nasty mouse pointer bug when i try to leave the map ; /
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    so far as I am concerned I can confirm respawn in Gnoll Fortress, annoying but I'm pleased :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    For people who still have the following symptom:
    the game starts in windowed, but the main menu is invisible, the window is partially on screen.

Move your window entirely on screen. It works for me (as a workaround).
    Parys said:

so far as I am concerned I can confirm respawn in Gnoll Fortress, annoying but I'm pleased :)

BTW in non-BGEE Baldur's Gate I think it helped if you *didn't* save at all one the Gnoll Fortress map, as it seemed to generate more gnolls each time you saved! Am not sure what the new BGEE situation will be, though.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    manero said:

After update i got nasty mouse pointer bug when i try to leave the map ; /

If you are referring to the cart wheel not appearing it's related to zoom.
  • BrightNightBrightNight Member Posts: 36
    Again, thank the dev's for working their asses off!
This discussion has been closed.