Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2010

Comments

• MentzeriteMentzerite Member Posts: 2
    I'm astonished by the amount of work such a small team are doing, you poor gais must be exhausted. Huge kudos to you and thanks for your extraordinary work.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205

Parys said:

so far as I am concerned I can confirm respawn in Gnoll Fortress, annoying but I'm pleased :)

BTW in non-BGEE Baldur's Gate I think it helped if you *didn't* save at all one the Gnoll Fortress map, as it seemed to generate more gnolls each time you saved! Am not sure what the new BGEE situation will be, though.
    Yes, I remember that. I must check respawn issue out most deeply.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Messi said:

If you are referring to the cart wheel not appearing it's related to zoom.

Yes exactly. How to fix it?

• Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    Tanks beamdog for your effort, you're prooving now that you are serious with making bg better!

The update didn't reach me so far, but as I understand the comments on it, the too little enemies problem isn't solved to complete satisfaction yet. I would like to propose discussing this issue further in this thread , since another one was closed due to massive trolling. Please don't fuck up this thread again.

My thoughts about the problem: It's not only a problem of automatic spawn adjustment, but also of "scripted" or story-related enemy hords
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    I am really happy about the patches but you really should do something about the scrolling. It's not smooth enough. I don't want to be ungrateful but it's annoying considering the computer I use. Is there a hardware good enough for perfect scrolling?
  • etrisetris Member Posts: 3
    Hey can i download patch somewhere? Without this crappy launcher?
  • gabilturghgabilturgh Member Posts: 25
    As a Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, SWTOR pre-orderer and a DDO player, I got to say that you guys probably are the most dedicated developers team out there!
    Keep up the awesome job!
    I'll be a BG2:EE pre-orderer!
  • PeterPeter Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2012
    I'm still waiting for ability to change default zoom level to make it optimal for individual player. For example I wanna play with maximum zoom all the time without need to change it each time I leave area. Looks like horde of ppl need it as I am.

Mr Trent will you add this feature in next patch please?

Cheers

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

etris said:

Hey can i download patch somewhere? Without this crappy launcher?

What's wrong with it? It is much better than manually applying patches.
    It always knows what you haven't installed yet.
    I would personally much prefer manual patches and a DRM-free installer, but I understand that publishers need to be appeased even though they most likely all know this kind of DRM never actually works.

That, and just after installing this last patch the launcher crashed for me. For a while I wasn't even sure whether it had actually finished patching the game, and I was worried it might have created a half-patched unstable monstrosity. Everything seems to be working fine now, though.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thank you so much to the devs for all your hard work!

To people who are worried about the elven chain: you can also use Shadowkeeper to give it to yourself.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Keep up the good work...
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    Multiplayer is slow and buggy, really buggy
  • TheSavageTheSavage Member Posts: 8
    Been stuck at "Checking Files" for 2 days now (restarted multiple times, ran as administrator, deleted beam.766 from the data folder etc...). The progress bar will move about 1/10th of the way, then disappear totally and never show up again (I've tried leaving it for over an hour at one point.)

Note: I have not applied any patches since launch (been too busy to play, unfortunately) so I am attempting to patch from the Nov 28th edition.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    TheSavage said:

Been stuck at "Checking Files" for 2 days now (restarted multiple times, ran as administrator, deleted beam.766 from the data folder etc...). The progress bar will move about 1/10th of the way, then disappear totally and never show up again (I've tried leaving it for over an hour at one point.)

Note: I have not applied any patches since launch (been too busy to play, unfortunately) so I am attempting to patch from the Nov 28th edition.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Could you try right-click the progress bar and select the save info option and then send that file to me?
  • KefkaKefka Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2012
    All of my quests (both completed and not) are gone from my journal after this patch D:

Edit: Never mind, they appeared after I reloaded about 5 times :S
  • TheSavageTheSavage Member Posts: 8

Could you try right-click the progress bar and select the save info option and then send that file to me?

I don't appear to have the option. When I right click on the progress bar, no menu of any kind pops up. Is it possible I'm using an old version of the launcher? If so, is it possible to force an update?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    About that journal entries problem - I read somewhere around here that if you just move your characters around a little, it reappears. I don't know for sure, because I haven't been recording my own journal, but from what people are saying, the info doesn't get erased, it just fails to display until you move your characters around, and then maybe reload or restart.
  • roberterikssonroberteriksson Member Posts: 8
    Awesome work with the patching, thanks a ton for fixing multiplayer.

Hope you guys have a nice Christmas vacation coming up.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

About that journal entries problem - I read somewhere around here that if you just move your characters around a little, it reappears. I don't know for sure, because I haven't been recording my own journal, but from what people are saying, the info doesn't get erased, it just fails to display until you move your characters around, and then maybe reload or restart.

Yeah mine came back pretty soon.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Ah, fantastic. Nice updates.. were really mandatory to really fully enjoy the new release (new chars..) before christmas 2012 it seems.. :)
    ... now, waiting for v2012/13 with total expectations too, should be totally ironized then, i guess.. very nice. :)

(i am going to check if the little things i noticed and did not like too much for some classes - 'hidden' bonuses damages, strange high lvl defensive spins for bard blades, 1/2 attack speeds for fighters only if 1 proficiency point?, swashbuckler 1/2 speed if 2 points or not?, etc- have been touched too..will see).

Anyway, always nice to see the team care and is reactive (with new patches).. good so))
  • rapacerapace Member Posts: 19
    Thanks guys :-)
  • TheBubblerumTheBubblerum Member Posts: 6
    keep up the good work guys/gals/dwarves
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    Can anyone explain what numerous UI fixes were implemented? I'm not able to play yet and just wondering what was changed?
  • CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22

This update includes the following fixes:

* Improved Creature spawn system
    * Large multiplayer bugfix
    * Journal entry fix
    * Fixed for zoomed out and click out of bounds crash
    * Custom portrait in multiplayer game fix
    * Numerous UI fixes
    * Farsight scroll fix
    * Obe combat tutorial fix

There are more fixes in this update that will be detailed soon. Thank you to everyone who sent in crash dumps and bug reports, these have been very helpful!

Ok ok, how to download it ?

• beobeo Member Posts: 143

Ok ok, how to download it ?

You click on APPLY PATCH (or was it UPDATE?) in your client/launcher :P

BTW, having Update 3 notes displayed too.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    sunset00 said:

Ah, fantastic. Nice updates.. were really mandatory to really fully enjoy the new release (new chars..) before christmas 2012 it seems.. :)
    ... now, waiting for v2012/13 with total expectations too, should be totally ironized then, i guess.. very nice. :)
    (i am going to check if the little things i noticed and did not like too much for some classes - 'hidden' bonuses damages, strange high lvl defensive spins for bard blades, 1/2 attack speeds for fighters only if 1 proficiency point?, swashbuckler 1/2 speed if 2 points or not?, etc- have been touched too..will see).
    Anyway, always nice to see the team care and is reactive (with new patches).. good so))

OK.. just tested quickly that v2010 on the points i 'observed' in ; quick auto quote/answers :)
    differences with my observations on 'little details' i noticed on v2008/9 :
    - FIXED OK: the 'hidden' damages/lvl bonuses for special classes (like kensai, swashbucklers or even offensive bard blade spins), NOW perfectly reported on the inventory/char screens (same with AC/thac0 eventually too) ; nice. :)

YET TO BE FIXED (always not, apparently) :
    - keys '1...6' + 'm' (always) not working properly on keyboard azerty/fr
    - bard blades defensive spin seems (always) to be buggy at high levels (lv10 here) ; can move freely and even attack, and with a -24 AC! (seems to work ok at lv1 though) -!
    - not sure if that was already in the original BG1/2 (don't remember), but i noticed also a weird thing, with pure fighters lv7+ (with console) ; they do get the 1/2 weapon speed bonus at lv7+, but _only_ with the weapons they have a 1 profeciency point in (not all - 0 profeciency points = 0 extra speed - weird).. not sure if that was already there, that too. -?! [and personal addition: the same with swashbucklers with 2 profeciency points; they do win +1thac0/+2dam with that **..but not the extra 1/2 speed normally attached to the ** ; and that one could be mainly handy with his dual handling ability: 3/2x2=3, not just 2 with dual..^ Here again, i don't remember the initial BG2 rules or even D&D for them, but i find that weird that could not get a full proficiency 2 points benefice..they are not fighters, and already don't get extra 1/2 speed at lv7 and 13..but nowhere it is written they can't have the 1/2 speed bonus of the 2 proficiencies points investment or that that one was for everyone except swashies if they put 2 points in one weapon.. or maybe i read badly..^].

ok, all for now.. some progresses noted also for that, so. All in all, nice too. :)

ps;
    i also noticed that patch 2009 fixed a little thing that i thought was great for a kenzai, though; initially, i noted that throwing daggers and throwing axes could be used by kenzai -! (and always are).. but also could have strentgh bonuses in their damages, like slings... and for a 18/xx kenzai, could be excellent.. :o*D ..arf, was too good to be true..that one was fixed apparently (no more strength bonuses now) with 2009+... on the other hand, slings (v2010) always have the strength bonuses to their damages (that can, so, be crazy quickly too..), which is very weird in comparison too now.. the kind of things i love and/or don't get sometimes with those old D&D/BG rules, to be honest, arf.. damn, a crazy killer F18/00_19(ending) kenzai with hatchets or throwing daggers could have been fun too... one 'bug'(?) i would have loved not to be fixed so quickly, in comparison, that one... :o*) :)
This discussion has been closed.