Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2010

Comments

• SyvereSyvere Member Posts: 3
    Any word on iPad patch?
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Nice work guys but don't forget to sleep as well!
  • BattleBattle Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    My Journal wont move completed quests over to the completed section :(
    Is anyone else having that problem?
    Its getting really full.

(edit)
    Apart from that though I'm really enjoying BG EE!
    Not getting EXP for completing them either
    Post edited by Battle on
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    Well, they definately "fixed" creature spawning, I'm supposed to get groups of 8-12 wolves, hobgoblens and mixed groups of ogre/orggrilieons/half ogres right?

Because the first two are easy, they just take off a few hit points at most.. the last one HURTS however, I lived but just barely..

I just can;t wait for the wandering packs of wyrvnn'! (sarcasm) Oh joy, oh rapture.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    etris said:

Hey can i download patch somewhere? Without this crappy launcher?

no

• catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    thanks for your work guys, it is much appreciated
  • ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18
    Good work guys!

Any word on Neera not talking to us in the inn? Still waiting... :(
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I'm trying not to progress too far as I know I'm going to start a new game on ipad when the patch is released :)
  • bigbonedbigboned Member Posts: 2
    I am at Firewine Bridge dungeon and I must have killed around 100 kobolds and they're still spawning out of thin air.. It's just unplayable.. Facebook group said update #4 is out but my launcher still doesn't recognise it. Do you guys know what's the version of update 4?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    1.0.2010 and Firewine Bridge is supposed to be riddled with kobolds.
  • dnthymamaidnthymamai Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    OK. SO *HOW* DO WE DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH?!??
    Post edited by dnthymamai on
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    @dnthymamai, which method did you use to download the game in the first place, the Beamdog client or the stand-alone installer?

• dnthymamaidnthymamai Member Posts: 8
    the stand-alone installer
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    and so when you click on the BG:EE icon that should have appeared on your desktop a start interface will appear with two buttons: Play AND Update.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2012
    @dnthymamai, Weird. I got an icon on the desktop on download, linked to a BGEE.exe file in the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition library and the installer has worked just fine. Well, I'm no expert on these things, so in your situation I would probably search my computer for the BGEE.exe file or just try to download the client again. Sorry for not being able to help more.
  • GrizzlyGrizzly Member Posts: 5

Zoom saving is on the to-do list.
    The current monster spawn solution is based on # of party members and level of those characters. If effectively adds them up and spawns creatures accordingly. If you are solo and low level the spawns will be light. As well, in original BG some of the creatures were placed in the area and do not use the spawn system, so they will be unchanged.

Best,
    -Trent

What exactly was bugged about the spawn system in the earlier updates? I am really interested to know that.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Grizzly, the numbers were getting cut due to some kind of formulaic mathematical error. If there were supposed to be 4-6 monsters, people were only getting 0-2 monsters. Also, monster types were not scaling properly.

My level 3 party just encountered 6 flints in front of Thalantyr's residence. Before the patch, that would have been 0-2 regular gnolls or wild dogs there.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Is the spawn fix supposed to work on current games in progress?
    I had a save game just after the goons at the bridge at the gnoll fort - with a party of 6 level 1,2,2,2,2,3 and got mostly single gnolls for a total of maybe 8 at the fortress itself - I don't think anyone took any damage from them.

Maybe the "spawn" is set when you enter the area? (Before crossing the bridge in this case?)
  • AhrounwarriorAhrounwarrior Member Posts: 2
    I only have the Game Updates 1, 2 and 3, the Game Update 4 I don't have, my game luncher didn't show it to me.

I got several days without log in the game, Does it matter?

** Nice work guys! Thank You for the excellent job xD.
    I believe the stand alone launcher still shows as update 3 even after update 4 has been installed
  • AhrounwarriorAhrounwarrior Member Posts: 2
    Wanderon said:

I believe the stand alone launcher still shows as update 3 even after update 4 has been installed

Thanks to clear me up xD
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Wanderon said:

Yes, I get that too, but it's displaying the correct patch version in the game
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    @Wanderon I read in another thread that spawn rate is indeed set when you first enter an area, so if you visit an area pre-patch, it will not have increased enemies.
    You'll have to save it for your next play=through.
    And there will be a next play-through, I'm sure.
    PinkRose said:

@Wanderon I read in another thread that spawn rate is indeed set when you first enter an area, so if you visit an area pre-patch, it will not have increased enemies.
    You'll have to save it for your next play=through.
    And there will be a next play-through, I'm sure.

Yeah I'm thinking that is the case when we went North from the gnoll fort to a new area the spawns were higher - high enough that when we couldn't rest without spawning another ogre to kite we left the rest of the area until later and headed back to town to sell/restock and heal... ;-)

As to more play-throughs I have 3 going at the moment - elf archer is the one from the gnoll fort, then a FMT with about 40 days in and an inquisitor thats just started and I have a couple others in mind already!

• TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    Have they fixed the issue of elven chain not dropping in the Dorn encounter?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Yeah, it is not dropping anymore.

• godspeed7godspeed7 Member Posts: 14
    Can anyone give some details as to the multiplayer fixes please?
    Later this week I am hoping to get my group of 4 players back into the game.. but I'd rather know what issues were fixed and which still remain.

We had the same problems as most; players not always seeing one another and game crash on map change, resting movie files missing.. etc..

Thanks.
  • TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42

Yeah, it is not dropping anymore.
    It never did drop, but it's supposed to. The devs stated that they'd add elven chain to BGEE, but it was incorrectly implemented. I'm just wondering whether or not it's available in the game as of patch 2010, because I want to roll a Blade (which is somewhat impractical without it).
  • RemorhazRemorhaz Member Posts: 26
    Still does not fix multiplayer for me, sadly... It is stuck on the "Joining selected session. This may take a while, please wait..." screen. However, pre-patch the game crashed when I tried to join a game, so something changed. Just not enough, or I'm doing something wrong...
  • godspeed7godspeed7 Member Posts: 14
    Remorhaz said:

Still does not fix multiplayer for me, sadly... It is stuck on the "Joining selected session. This may take a while, please wait..." screen. However, pre-patch the game crashed when I tried to join a game, so something changed. Just not enough, or I'm doing something wrong...

If you're joining a game, then the problem is most likely with the host.. make sure he has the proper ports open and forwarded.

For my 4-player game I am hosting, I created an account with LogMeIn Hamachi, created a network, then everyone joined the network. That way, we all have a static IP. No one has ever had trouble connecting to me. Just suggest this to the host (if it's not already done).

Also, that problem may arise if the host does not have the same version as you do (maybe he hasn't updated his yet??)

I hope you don't think I'm implying the host hasn't done these things.. but hey.. troubleshooting starts at the basics. :)
This discussion has been closed.