Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2010

Comments

• TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    You can always compensate for weaknesses (at least on lower difficulties and without SCS), but that's not the point of this conversation (nor does it make a weak character comparable in power to its potential alternatives). We just want the issue clarified, so we can make informed choices about our characters. That's all.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Just out of curiosity any clues when the next update is going to be? I haven't been experiencing any problems but I figured I'd inquire about it.
  • JustinianJustinian Member Posts: 1
    ankheg said:

Anyone noticed some strange behaviour of the cursor after this patch? It has a bad habit of turning permanently to a "crossed circle". (what is the correct term for this thing?) Especially in the edge of the screen.

Update: It solved after I deleted custom settings for bg in nvidia. (could be coincidence though)

Update2: I was wrong it came back again... Anybody ideas?

This is to do with the zoom bug that was introduced in this patch. Not 100% on this but I think it's something to do with being zoomed in or out while saving and upon reload, you won't be able to enter/exit areas or doors when you aren't at the default zoom level. The cursor also appears as a crossed out circle.

Basically, play around with zoom until the circle disappears.
    ankheg
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Zoom in about 3 clicks and the wheel will appear.
    That is just a work-around. It is being fixed.
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    This was the best patch so far, big congrats to bringing the Monster spawns back to normal! Now it feels like real baldurs gate ;)
    lunarSpace_hamsterBlakes7Majoca
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    @bob_veng
    well, in a way, interesting to know your 'tactic'..and that you had the patience to go up till the end like that then -nice for you & well done, even if you make me O_o a little (and kinda admirative!^) in front of your..placidity!..^^ ..but sure you can't even use everytime (&only kinda very late in game too..) that 'ghost armor '(lv3 spell! - 'armor'(ac6)=lv1 though..but obviously lesser too -and that means all lv1 & lv3 spells used till the end only for that -great experience & fun too!*/^) with such a bard (3x, big max, lv1 spells at lv10, we remember too..1xlv3 only at lv7 bard - 2xlv3 max at lv10!^), and you can't rest everytime either..when at the same moment, every F/M can have specific robes (OR real armors/much better thac0..+3..+5!^) and so on..and the bard have even less spells, especially at the beginnings, remember ^^ Now, it all depends if you are ready to play like that and call it a day, or not.. personnally, i love role playing with 'underpowered' tricky builds (for the 'casual gamers'), but not at such extent all the same..^ ..those bards (already tricky/difficult to play naturally in BG2 - even their purely supporting (no actions!) bard song is almost useless at those low lvls -for a blade-, till they are 'improved' (lv20+)..are not even the (nice) skalds from start!^) are just mainly borderline unplayable like that (apart for the extrem micromanaging & slow paced and (veryyy..) calm players, ok then..^) -the next option is maybe a naked char?^- (and for dozen of gameplays hours all the same, here, in BGEE so^); to say that an AC5 armor (allowing them just spells like archmagi robes) is a big deal for a char like that (and accessorily freeing its already very limited lv1/lv3 spells list..for something other than just A/G.A^)..for a character that is already far lesser/harder than a F/M at those low levels!). As for the thac0, well at the end game 161000x xp max, a pure fighter or F/M will be (in that BGEE) at lv7 -with 6 profeciency points-, thac013, a bard (or thief) at lv10, and thac016 -with 4 profeciency points-..there is already a +3 difference (without talking about one (or 2) ** or even *** proficiency impossible to the bards. limited to * max..), with equal gears.. the same for the spell numbers compared to a lv7 magician.. so well..bards kits ARe already even trickier in BGEE (low lvls, less enhanced possibilities, etc), if you found fun to play one as such, well, i just say 'good for you O_o!', but i doubt it could be shared by many others even curious (&patient) players!..an AC5 allowing spells is really not a big deal for those already difficult to play chars.. obviously, if you love difficulty or just like totally self-imposed planning/constant rests, and look for smthg different..k..i will pass my turn as such though..if nothing done a little - and i repeat, really would not be a really easier thing for such bards, just a little more possible gameplay variety (freeing lv1/3 spells a little, at least^wow..*)! ), already very limited a their low levels. anyway. ok, i'll end on that. *)
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    Does this patch also work for iPad ?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012

Does this patch also work for iPad ?

No, the iPad 2010 patch is near release.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @sunset00, I can't read your post either. It desperately needs formatting.
    SilkAristilliusSindyanelminster
  • vonVincevonVince Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    I don't know what the Journal fixes are, but rescuing Dynaheir is still bugged. I'd rather not progress the game further until this issue is solved. P.S. I absolutely love Baldur's Gate (the game defined my late childhood when it comes to gaming; heck, it helped to kickstart the English language for me!)
    @vonVince

What part about rescuing her is broke? There are a few buggy entries that do not properly get moved to 'Done' but otherwise you should be able to find her and have her join the party if you wish.
    edited December 2012

@vonVince

What part about rescuing her is broke? There are a few buggy entries that do not properly get moved to 'Done' but otherwise you should be able to find her and have her join the party if you wish.

That is exactly what I meant. I am also worried that Minsc is going to go Minsc and Boo all over my butt thinking that Dynaheir is still not rescued because the quest doesn't get updated properly .
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    vonVince said:

@vonVince

That is exactly what I meant. I am also worried that Minsc is going to go Minsc and Boo all over my butt thinking that Dynaheir is still not rescued because the quest doesn't get updated properly .
    That was a problem for me.
    vonVince said:

@vonVince

So you 're complaining about something that you haven't actually done yet in game?

Just an FYI, Minsc doesn't "go all Minsc on you" because the journal won't update.
    No one is "complaining" about anything, I am simply writing about a journal issue (there seems to have been several other than the Dynaheir one from what I've heard). As for the possible follow-up issue; no, I haven't seen it myself, and maybe you haven't seen it, but ankheg seems to have. In any case, there's no need to go all "what are you complaining for" over this.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    edited December 2012
    vonVince said:

No one is "complaining" about anything, I am simply writing about a journal issue (there seems to have been several other than the Dynaheir one from what I've heard). As for the possible follow-up issue; no, I haven't seen it myself, and maybe you haven't seen it, but ankheg seems to have. In any case, there's no need to go all "what are you complaining for" over this.

@vonVince Clearly you are just being cautious as you don't want to waste time on a playthrough that's going to be ended by a bug. That's your prerogative. I think that some people here ( @bigdogchris not trying to speak for you here, just looked like there might have been a miscommunication) have become a bit defensive of the game (myself included) in the light of all the people that have made accounts simply to complain/troll repeatedly, so sometimes people get their guard up when they see a new member immediately start talking about an issue they have with BG:EE.

Also, @ankheg didn't actually say that Minsc left the party or anything due to the journal being messed up, he could have just been implying that he was worried about the same thing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that point ankheg.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Not sure if this was posted before, but during my solo F/M/T run, my familiar died, and even though my main was at full HP, i died instantly as well.
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2012

Not sure if this was posted before, but during my solo F/M/T run, my familiar died, and even though my main was at full HP, i died instantly as well.

i see somethink about that to, if you import your char to the black pits, your familiar disapear, but you dont lose the hp or con, it seams a problem with erase the item.

It seams that you can die with full hp if you lose your familiar ... i will say its a bug, there is no reason to lose 1 permanent con if you will die instantly and reload
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    @Aristillius @belgarathmth
    ok, ok.. can only be clear for the ones interested in that, anyway.. :*)

To sum up, the main point was a basic 'elven chain mail' (AC5, obviously no special +x even needed either here - like that could also be possible in BG2(*) ), ONLY to be able to cast spells in combats for special kits (aka bard blades for exemple..), was absolutely not 'uberpowerful' here, and quasi-necessary for the people interested in playing with those BG2 kits in BGEE..apart for the ultra patient players like bob_veng (having to rest everywhere & everytime and spend all lv1/3 spells only for armor, is ok for him, apparently), but for the others.. this is a real deal. The rest are just some numbers to explain why (you need to know a little the bard blade kit to understand what is meant anyway^^..numbers..numbers)...

(*) Note, references:
    - http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/armor/armor.html :
    we are talking about a simple BASIC AC5 elven chain mail here, for BGEE. NOT even a +1 (a simple +1 could be nice too though, when we compare with others possible armors avalaible up to TsC -for other classes)..
    In BG2; we had also: ..Sylvan Chain +2, Melodic Chain +3, Bladeslinger Chain +4, Aslyferund Elven Chain +5(ToB)]. Obviously not required here^^ just a basic one would be ok^^. And if YES, WHERE..^^ [and for the few times the bard could wish a little more, a 'ghost armor' lvl3 spell (AC2), late in the game, as suggested by bob_veng, well placed, and basta, ok..^]. :/
    - http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/armor.html :
    reference for the initial available BG1 armors (fighters may have full plate+1..ands the bard will have to do a choice between elven chainmail and the normal up to +3 regular magic (studded) leather/chainmails available for him, btw..the normal elven chainmail will be lesser than the +2/+3 ones too..a choice to do too, so^).

oki.. hth */
    AristilliusOxford_Guy
  • SethModeSethMode Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    So, first, I'm new here (not to the game, but to the forum). Second, this might be really stupid, but I can't figured out how to download this new patch. There is no link in the initial post, nor can I find anything on their site to download it, nor is there any option to find a patch in game or in BeamDog. Little help? Am I just overlooking something?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2012
    @SethMode If you downloaded the game after December 7th it already includes the latest patch. Otherwise your launcher/Beamdog client would warn you about an available update.
    SethMode
  • SethModeSethMode Member Posts: 2
    @mlnevese I had downloaded the day before this recent update, and the option just wasn't appearing anywhere. I did the tech support suggestion of restarting, and poof, it appeared through my BeamDog Launcher. Thanks for the help though!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    vonVince said:

I've looked at the script, and is the case with all quests, the update of the journal is independent from setting the flag that indicates you have completed the quest (two different commands). If you rescue Dynaheir you will get the XP reward and Misc will be happy, regardless of what happens in your journal.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Any ETA on when the next patch will arrive?
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    It should have been here ages ago!!! :P
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    They've got another six minutes then...
  • ExidreoExidreo Member Posts: 6
    Where could I download the patch, please?
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2012
    Exidreo said:

Where could I download the patch, please?

Beamdog launcher or standalone installer (I think)
This discussion has been closed.