Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2010

Comments

• TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42

Tonight.

Any hints as to what's in it?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Does the Elven Chainmail drop yet or should I play my LG Invoker first?

Elven Chainmail is far too powerful for BG1.

I hope they do not let players get it, especially considering it's only available on evil playthroughs.

If it drops it would be available to *all* alignments, and is hardly OP - it's not as good as the robes of the Archmagi (no save bonus, malus vs. blunt attacks) and evil characters can't obtain the robe of evil Archmagi until *very* late in the game, so it's a godsend for them (and bards). Also the shield amulet is cheap, available early in the game, gives better AC and can be recharged, but no one is saying that's OP.

I sincerely hope they make the elven chain drop properly in the next patch.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    I don't know if I remember correctly but I believe I read somewhere that the "sleeping creatures standing up to die" bug was corrected. Well, it wasn't.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    ankheg said:

I don't know if I remember correctly but I believe I read somewhere that the "sleeping creatures standing up to die" bug was corrected. Well, it wasn't.

Well tbh bugs like that should have lowest possible priority.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I love 2 page patch logs.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134

I hope they do not let players get it, especially considering it's only available on evil playthroughs.

If it drops it would be available to *all* alignments, and is hardly OP - it's not as good as the robes of the Archmagi (no save bonus, malus vs. blunt attacks) and evil characters can't obtain the robe of evil Archmagi until *very* late in the game, so it's a godsend for them (and bards). Also the shield amulet is cheap, available early in the game, gives better AC and can be recharged, but no one is saying that's OP.

Where can I find Elven Chainmail?
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    If i just started a new char recently, will the changes apply to that game? Or do i have to start from Candlekeep all over again?
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Please post the detailed list of the fixes for 2010 and 2011 build. Thanks.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    2011??? When will that come out?
    Check Cameron above here.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    It is 4:18am Edmonton time right now, so hopefully its going only to be 4-5 more hours if all that is needed is an approval
    I gathered a new list of bugs, and I don't want to post them if they are already solved. That's why I'm asking for the lists. I will wait with the posting until tomorrow then.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    I'm waiting you to correct this problem, so I can restart to play my game.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/198514
    elminster said:

It is 4:18am Edmonton time right now, so hopefully its going only to be 4-5 more hours if all that is needed is an approval

Hope it's ready for this evening UK time (GMT+0)...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Vitor

The default voicesets have been fixed (but I'm not sure if the public build is the same as the beta one).

Custom voicesets are going to still require jumping the current hurdles.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    @Tanthalas
    Well, I have v.1.0.2010 installed, and deffault voiceset is not working here. I've just tested here.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Vitor

Version 2011 hasn't been released to the public yet (should be today).
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited December 2012
    notking said:

Yes, That's the 1 million gold pieces question! :)
    ...even more incredible not to already have even just one easily available btw, that i read again the regular BG1 armors places ( http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/armor.html ) ..and noticed that the Robe of the Good/Neutral Archmagi, could be found ultra easily [AC 5 too.. but also +5% magic res., +1 saving throws -so, already superior in every ways to a simple elven chain mail anyway] .. could simply be bought at High Hedge [near Kivan NPC place ( http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/maps/highhedge.html ), all simply] !.. So, now, i reconsider my 'interrogation' too ; that's not just a drop that is required, but why not to SIMPLY add the elven chain, even at double price than the AM robes, whatever.. at the same High Hedge shop^^ - and basta! ^ That way, not even necessary to know the ultra precise location of a potential loot (impossible to guess for a casual gamer either^) !.. Now, as perfectly said also by Oxford_Guy, that would let the 'evil' chars question open ; in the original BG1, they apparently wanted they could get the AM Evil robe only very late (Cloakwood Mine), in comparison to the Good/Neutral ones as easy as a buy in early High Hedge so.. that would be the only 'big' 'game balance change' then.. but then, they apparently already thought about changing that for evil chars too - why they already thought about the (early) 'evil playthrough' drop then (relative to the new blackNight guy, apparently, near Nashkel), i guess (just forgetting the Neutral/Good chars in comparisons now^^].. Anyway.. something, whatever, must be done, that's clear.. :)

..waiting the new patch too, so..crossing fingers.. sounds good anyway, à priori.. 'over 75 issues fixed'.. should be a (neutral/good/evil) hell if they forgot that again.. ahem. :)
    edited December 2012
    sunset00 said:

notking said:

Yes, That's the 1 million gold pieces question! :)
    ...even more incredible not to already have even just one easily available btw, that i read again the regular BG1 armors places ( http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/armor.html ) ..and noticed that the Robe of the Good/Neutral Archmagi, could be found ultra easily [AC 5 too.. but also +5% magic res., +1 saving throws -so, already superior in every ways to a simple elven chain mail anyway] .. could simply be bought at High Hedge [near Kivan NPC place ( http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/maps/highhedge.html ), all simply] !.. So, now, i reconsider my 'interrogation' too ; that's not just a drop that is required, but why not to SIMPLY add the elven chain, even at double price than the AM robes, whatever.. at the same High Hedge shop^^ - and basta! ^ That way, not even necessary to know the ultra precise location of a potential loot (impossible to guess for a casual gamer either^) !.. Now, as perfectly said also by Oxford_Guy, that would let the 'evil' chars question open ; in the original BG1, they apparently wanted they could get the AM Evil robe only very late (Cloakwood Mine), in comparison to the Good/Neutral ones as easy as a buy in early High Hedge so.. that would be the only 'big' 'game balance change' then.. but then, they apparently already thought about changing that for evil chars too - why they already thought about the (early) 'evil playthrough' drop then (relative to the new blackNight guy, apparently, near Nashkel), i guess (just forgetting the Neutral/Good chars in comparisons now^^].. Anyway.. something, whatever, must be done, that's clear.. :)
    Non-magic Elven chainmail, if sold, should be cheaper than Robes of the Archmagi - same AC, but no save bonus, no 5% magic resistance and normal mages can't use it (only multi/dual class mages and bards of the arcane classes).

BTW if I try to sell the elven chainmail that you can CLUA into BGEE, I get offered 2,500 gold for it, which means it would probably sell at a base 5,000 gold, which sounds about right

• VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Anyone else getting a new update?
    LukevanV said:

No, they just said released for you specifically. ;)
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    I wanted to edit it quickly. Was momentarily confused about a missing list with fixes or something. :'(
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    LukevanV said:

Yep

• theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    edited December 2012
    Nietzsche's quote is back ;)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    The update is over 200MB - lots-O'-fixes.
    john_boy said:

LukevanV said:

Yep

Me too, downloading now! :-)
  • GTXMANGTXMAN Member Posts: 5
    Can someone upload the List of changes/fixes?
  • RagnarokRagnarok Member Posts: 26
    GTXMAN said:

Can someone upload the List of changes/fixes?

Yes! Do want!
    Resting inside an inn now has it's own animation and Nietzche's quote is back= best patch ever!
This discussion has been closed.