Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2011

Comments

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    What threats of violence, out of curiosity?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Yes - the quick respawn of a just exited area is new. And somewhat problematic sometimes, but not always. It does make you be careful when you go through previously emptied areas...
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Will the Bandits in the Dorn encounter now drop their respective items (ie the +2 Scimitar and the Elven chain)?
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    They added a Scroll case. That's nice.
    Would be cool though if the issue with the Journal woud be fixed.
    It still doesn't support mouse wheel, and if you click drag it to scroll manually, it will get to edit mode which is annoying.
    One small text mistake still remains. Description of two handed style in character creation is wrong.
    double crit is gained with two points spent not one.
    There are a lot other bugs still remaining but anyway, nice to see the support so far, I appreciate that :)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @hansolo where is the scroll case?
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    edited December 2012
    awesome patch! one problem, the intro movie in my opinion is still pretty terrible, it doesn't capture the scarey atmosphere of the original opening movie and the way the characters are drawn don't have a sense of depth, when I watch it I feel like it is warped and stretched and too flat. The dubbed in extra dialogue of "there are others, I can show you, please!" sounds even more out of place. But the patch is great for all the other added goodies keep up the good work.
    Post edited by Majoca on
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Sed said:

@hansolo where is the scroll case?

Yes I'd like to know too, bet best to tag this with spoiler tags...

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    hansolo said:

They added a Scroll case. That's nice.
    Would be cool though if the issue with the Journal woud be fixed.
    It still doesn't support mouse wheel, and if you click drag it to scroll manually, it will get to edit mode which is annoying.
    One small text mistake still remains. Description of two handed style in character creation is wrong.
    double crit is gained with two points spent not one.
    There are a lot other bugs still remaining but anyway, nice to see the support so far, I appreciate that :)

If you have 1 profiency point in two-handed weapon style in game you will get critical hits if you roll a 19 or 20 (not counting the bonuses you get from other things). So with 1 proficiency point in it if a roll says in game "attack roll 19+4 = 23" that counts as a critical hit, but 18+4 = 22 wouldn't. Point is the current description is correct, at least in terms of how the game operates.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @hansolo Regarding the journal entering edit mode, if you move the mouse so that it isn't over the journal when you release the mouse button, it wont try to edit the entry, and you can continue to scroll with the button depressed.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    There are still four unfixed bugs (which are quite annoying)
    The journal entries are still not being moved over from Active to Done (Branwen, Prism and Murder most Fowl.)
    Scrolling in the journal still works like a bad version of Wordpad.
    Moving certain objects (like arrows, bows, halbards) leaves a trail of these objects all over the screen.

Has the CHARNAME and Imoen not getting fatigued bug been sorted?

Otherwise Great Work!!!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    GASP - scroll case? Where? I've been struggling like you wouldn't believe without one of those little binder buggers!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Thank you for the hard work on the patches.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @Pugpug so much violence from @Coriander. We were all scared.

@Majoca http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55573-mod-bg-ee-classic-movies/ if you don't like 'em.

I gotta disagree with your opinion on this one - I doubt anything I could say would change yours, either, so, we'll just have to agree to disagree. =)

The original movie, to me, looks janky and weird now. The new movies, I think, capture the atmosphere a little better (though are far from perfect) for anyone that's new to the series. And personally I love the art, but, hey - that part's subjective.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Nathan said:

subjective.

You misspellt "biased" ;P
  • ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18
    ajwz said:

Elitro said:

Neera still won't talk to me...

Oh god, its like highschool all over again...
    I know that this is the internet but i will never understand why people make fun of other's problems while having nothing constructive to add.

Yes the post was whiny, but i couldn't hold inside my frustration when after all these patches i see fixes like item tweaking while this bug is preventing me from acessing a new game feature thus making me wait for a fix before continuing my playthrough...Truth be told the devs can't please everybody so i'm happy for you that the intro quote is back =)
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    Any word on elven chainmail?
  • TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    thelee said:

Still hasn't been added. Tanthalas confirmed that he'd bring it up on the internal bug tracker, so at least we know it's being looked at. He also said that it would drop from Tazok in the next patch, but hopefully that was a joke. Guess we'll wait and see.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007

Nathan said:

subjective.

Please. Opinion about the way a piece of art looks is typically subjective for everyone. There are some things that I don't agree with about the way the movie flows, but, I'm not a video editor/animator - I'm an audio designer - and I didn't have much input on how that went. I've said before, if money were no object I would've made a case to the others to contract Blur to take care of the movie re-makes, but as a tiny company that we are, we worked with what we had and I believe it turned out decently.

If you want to talk about biased, one could argue that anyone claiming the original movies are better is biased due to their polished memories of how the originals made them feel. :P
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Nathan said:

Nathan said:

subjective.

Please. Opinion about the way a piece of art looks is typically subjective for everyone. There are some things that I don't agree with about the way the movie flows, but, I'm not a video editor/animator - I'm an audio designer - and I didn't have much input on how that went. I've said before, if money were no object I would've made a case to the others to contract Blur to take care of the movie re-makes, but as a tiny company that we are, we worked with what we had and I believe it turned out decently.

If you want to talk about biased, one could argue that anyone claiming the original movies are better is biased due to their polished memories of how the originals made them feel. :P
    I was only teasing T.T

I really do like the new art, and while I have certain nitpicks overall I do like the cutscenes.

*Makes a point not to mention he is retarded and thought he was the art guy*
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    I like the new videos, especially with the changes. Now the only thing I miss is the cow.
    MrSexton said:

Has the CHARNAME and Imoen not getting fatigued bug been sorted?

Are you sure that's a bug? Imoen has high Con, as does CHARNAME usually, which delays fatigue
    edited December 2012

thelee said:

Still hasn't been added. Tanthalas confirmed that he'd bring it up on the internal bug tracker, so at least we know it's being looked at. He also said that it would drop from Tazok in the next patch, but hopefully that was a joke. Guess we'll wait and see.
    Hope it makes it into the next patch, will make bards and evil fighter/mages (who can't access the evil Robes of Archmagi until very late, unlike the neutral and good ones) much more viable to play
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Nathan said:

The original movie, to me, looks janky and weird now. The new movies, I think, capture the atmosphere a little better (though are far from perfect) for anyone that's new to the series. And personally I love the art, but, hey - that part's subjective.

I like the new movie art style in general personally, especially resting in the wild movie looks very pretty. That being said I do wish they were bit higher quality, ie. more actually animations in them and of course still more of them. ;)

As for the revamped intro I really appreciate the effort, but it could still use bit improvement. IMO the Nietzsche quote would look better with bit smaller font and in the middle of the screen and of course the added sentence is played at too high speed.

So Flame Blade for priests and druids no longer requires scimitar proficiency to use properly?

Does this mean mage touch spells are next?

Hope so, and the other bugged magic created weapons
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Sed said:

The sentence "There are others, I can show you" is extremely hard to hear in the intro movie.. a bit speeded. Still love it :-D

Why not start the sentence while the face of Sarevok is shown and then continue to play it as he reaches out? Still it works!

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2012
    @Tanthalas
    To be precise, Greater Wolfweres can be hit by weapons flagged as silver, not cold iron. Prior to the enhanced edition, this distinction was meaningless, as only flagged cold iron weapons were flagged as silver. However:

Simmeon drops Albruin+1, flagged as silver but not cold iron, and it is effective vs. Greater Wolfweres.
    Tested by me against SHWOLF.cre, WOLFGR01.cre, and WOLFWEGR.cre, and effective against all. WOLFWEGR is fought aboard the shipwreck.

Good to know because that means there is one more weapon usable against the GWW, though it is in a well-represented proficiency.

Screenshot

Forgot to mention. IMMUNE1.itm also makes them immune to non-magical, so a hypothetical silver, non-magical weapon couldn't damage them. RINGWOLF.itm makes them immune to non-silver.

@Nukenin I got around to testing it.
    Post edited by Deucetipher on
  • JDR13JDR13 Member Posts: 1
    Great work guys!

Are you still fixing the zoom so it doesn't reset everytime I change screens?