Skip to content

Should I bother multiclassing in BGEE?

2»

Comments

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    If you like spells, make a half-elven cleric/mage or a gnomish cleric/illusionist. Talk about spellcasting endurance, and versatility! I'm using a half elf cleric/mage right now as my 2nd runthrough of BG:EE, and it is fun to have such an explosive variety of spells at my disposal. Add in sling proficiency for when you feel lazy or want to conserve a bit, and you're good to go.
    badbromance
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I've multiclassed with both fighter/mage and mage/cleric, and they're pretty fun. Sometimes it's hard to get the two classes to work together (hard to get around the whole "mages-not-wearing-armor" thing), but they offer a lot of variety to the gameplay. "Oh, I'm a fighter/mage, and I've got an entire mob of enemies coming at me. Let me take off my armor real quick and shoot a fireball at them. Oh look, a few survived. Let's cast Armor and hack-and-slash away!"

Not to mention they offer some silly roleplaying possibilities. For example, the cleric/thief. "I am Dan, holy priest of Lathander by day, handsome pickpocketing scoundrel by night! I steal from the rich and give to the faithful, and now my church is the richest in all the Sword Coast! Huzzah!"

...Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all... *found new CHARNAME concept*
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403

I've multiclassed with both fighter/mage and mage/cleric, and they're pretty fun. Sometimes it's hard to get the two classes to work together (hard to get around the whole "mages-not-wearing-armor" thing), but they offer a lot of variety to the gameplay. "Oh, I'm a fighter/mage, and I've got an entire mob of enemies coming at me. Let me take off my armor real quick and shoot a fireball at them. Oh look, a few survived. Let's cast Armor and hack-and-slash away!"

Not to mention they offer some silly roleplaying possibilities. For example, the cleric/thief. "I am Dan, holy priest of Lathander by day, handsome pickpocketing scoundrel by night! I steal from the rich and give to the faithful, and now my church is the richest in all the Sword Coast! Huzzah!"

...Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all... *found new CHARNAME concept*

Dan is sure to instill hope or fear into all he meets! ;-)
    Nonnahswriter