Skip to content

Worst thing you've done to an NPC

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I find the amount of Balor Proxy Murder in these threads rather revealing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Its not murder if the demons did it for themselves. And by 'themselves' I really mean 'you'.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Hey, gating in balors will solve most of your problems, or at least make them seem trivial in comparison.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    That Balor reminds me of a story of @Mrpenfold666, off topic, anyway.

I, I think I've done most of the evil in BG as I could, I even created Stormbringer (Elric of Meliboné's sword) to slay people, but not just slay, also using Polymorph other on beggars, they look bad, and squirrels are pretty, I also found that almost no flaming fist enforcer save again Greater Malison, Hold and Cloudkill, it is pretty nice to watch them die. I also liked using Power Word, Sleep on Dorn with 77 HP, then casted Heal on him (i was cheating in BG:EE) just to punch him with my 10 STR M/T to death, where I left Dorn in the ground, I was a thousand times more evil than him (like Stormbringer >:D HEHEHHE), then I found a strange hobby of shooting Web in Ulgoth's Beard, all the NPCs stuck there >:D perfect for a Emotion: Hopelessness on them, just to say, kill them with summoned creatures, and use Arrows of Detonation to "stop the monsters to attack sleeping folk", randomly casting a Skull Trap in Beregost, like a christmas gift, moving Boo to Minsc's pack, and selling Boo to a merchant that you know its evil, gating a Pit Fiend besides Gorion and killing Gorion with ADHW, giving the Malla's soul to the Lich in ToB, selling Dak'kon into slavery, killing an NPC to get Dorn's quest done (I've choosed Yoshimo, and he says "I won't betray, yAGHHA!" when he dies, strangely...), killing beggars because they asked for coin, gave Mercy to Maulahey and then killed him, had forgiven Trias in Carceri and then killed him without Vhailor, became a god at the end of ToB, choosed to side with Bodhi....

I don't think if I can do more evil in Baldur's Gate, just THE game to be evil (as @Montresor_SP said) is Planescape Torment, you can sell Dak'kon to slavery, leave Morte in the pillar of skulls, becoming a Practical Incarnation v1.2.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    ahhh im glad my stories made an impact :D
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited December 2013
    CrevsDaak said:

That Balor reminds me of a story of @Mrpenfold666, off topic, anyway.

I, I think I've done most of the evil in BG as I could, I even created Stormbringer (Elric of Meliboné's sword) to slay people, but not just slay, also using Polymorph other on beggars, they look bad, and squirrels are pretty, I also found that almost no flaming fist enforcer save again Greater Malison, Hold and Cloudkill, it is pretty nice to watch them die. I also liked using Power Word, Sleep on Dorn with 77 HP, then casted Heal on him (i was cheating in BG:EE) just to punch him with my 10 STR M/T to death, where I left Dorn in the ground, I was a thousand times more evil than him (like Stormbringer >:D HEHEHHE), then I found a strange hobby of shooting Web in Ulgoth's Beard, all the NPCs stuck there >:D perfect for a Emotion: Hopelessness on them, just to say, kill them with summoned creatures, and use Arrows of Detonation to "stop the monsters to attack sleeping folk", randomly casting a Skull Trap in Beregost, like a christmas gift, moving Boo to Minsc's pack, and selling Boo to a merchant that you know its evil, gating a Pit Fiend besides Gorion and killing Gorion with ADHW, giving the Malla's soul to the Lich in ToB, selling Dak'kon into slavery, killing an NPC to get Dorn's quest done (I've choosed Yoshimo, and he says "I won't betray, yAGHHA!" when he dies, strangely...), killing beggars because they asked for coin, gave Mercy to Maulahey and then killed him, had forgiven Trias in Carceri and then killed him without Vhailor, became a god at the end of ToB, choosed to side with Bodhi....

I don't think if I can do more evil in Baldur's Gate, just THE game to be evil (as @Montresor_SP said) is Planescape Torment, you can sell Dak'kon to slavery, leave Morte in the pillar of skulls, becoming a Practical Incarnation v1.2.

My best (worst!) run through PS: T was a fun time. For me, but maybe not for the planes.

PS: T spoilers galore:

- Sold Dak'kon into slavery for a magical scroll.
    - Killed Fall-From-Grace for another. (And "forgot" to raise her.)
    - Killed Annah after she left the party because I asked her to stop being a banshee (after I allowed Grace into the party). She was standing on top of the loot she had been carrying and I wanted it back.
    - Wasted Vhailor after he "accidentally" overheard a conversation between me and the Pillar of Skulls and realized *I* was the one he had been hunting.
    - The Pillar wanted to know where Fhjull Forked-Tongue was so I told it.
    - I did however pull Morte back out of the Pillar. He was, after all, a useful tank.
    - Speaking of "useful", I told Ravel my NPCs were just tools, nothing more.
    - I took the Crier of Es-Annon's money for finding a tombstone for the city, then told him I had just promised to help to get his money. That turned him hostile, "forcing" me to kill him.
    - It goes without saying that I told Nodd his sister was a foul wh*re. (Turning him hostile, so I had to kill him. "Sadly", I never got around to giving him the money from his sister.)
    - I also told Sandos his daughter had said he might as well kill himself. So he did.
    - Joined the Anarchists and made Sere the Skeptic join as well, betraying the Dustmen.
    - I allowed a mob to execute a city official, and "failed" to prevent many other injustices in Carceri. Trias was a bit harder than usual.
    - Which reminds me that I broke my promise not to kill Trias. I couldn't use his sword but it sold for a nice sum.

- And in the end I told the portal in the Mortuary that the only thing I regretted was not having anything to regret. I didn't, after all.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    ^ lol "who's funny lookin' now"

Did you also kill the girl who says "eww.... you smell"? Her corpse might be a lit pungent :0

...I feel horrible about myself now
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I killed the girl Officer Vai sends for you. "Tymora be with me? How about BURN, HERETIC!"
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    This thread. . . has caused an alignment shift in the forum. . .

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Xzar and Monty never make it to to naskhel nor to their home because I seemed to be repeatedly killing them for their potions and scrolls. If Imoen is tagging along a certain blood stain studded leather armor will be making the trip too.
  • PoupipoupipouPoupipoupipou Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    I once killed a "lady of the night" after having done my business with her to get my money back ...

I guess i might be his cousin too :
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I've done wrong by ALL NPCs the time that I DIDN'T kill Noober.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

CrevsDaak said:

PS: T spoilers galore:

- Sold Dak'kon into slavery for a magical scroll.
    - Killed Fall-From-Grace for another. (And "forgot" to raise her.)
    - Killed Annah after she left the party because I asked her to stop being a banshee (after I allowed Grace into the party). She was standing on top of the loot she had been carrying and I wanted it back.
    - Wasted Vhailor after he "accidentally" overheard a conversation between me and the Pillar of Skulls and realized *I* was the one he had been hunting.
    - The Pillar wanted to know where Fhjull Forked-Tongue was so I told it.
    - I did however pull Morte back out of the Pillar. He was, after all, a useful tank.
    - Speaking of "useful", I told Ravel my NPCs were just tools, nothing more.
    - I took the Crier of Es-Annon's money for finding a tombstone for the city, then told him I had just promised to help to get his money. That turned him hostile, "forcing" me to kill him.
    - It goes without saying that I told Nodd his sister was a foul wh*re. (Turning him hostile, so I had to kill him. "Sadly", I never got around to giving him the money from his sister.)
    - I also told Sandos his daughter had said he might as well kill himself. So he did.
    - Joined the Anarchists and made Sere the Skeptic join as well, betraying the Dustmen.
    - I allowed a mob to execute a city official, and "failed" to prevent many other injustices in Carceri. Trias was a bit harder than usual.
    - Which reminds me that I broke my promise not to kill Trias. I couldn't use his sword but it sold for a nice sum.

- And in the end I told the portal in the Mortuary that the only thing I regretted was not having anything to regret. I didn't, after all.
    Woah, I never did any of these things in PST through many playthroughs-- nor would I be likely to.
    Still, it's awesome that PST lets you be the goodie-goodie or a total jerk with commensurate consequences. Well played, sir.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited September 2014
    Alright I admit it, I have a BG2 saved prologue that I reload occasionally just to try and find a different and slower way of killing Imoen (although of course she never actually dies but I count it as a moral victory anyway).
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Here's a few things:

*Steal the tear of bhaal from the genie. He gets released from his torment if either you give him Blackrazor or you kill him, but if you steal the tear from him, he is stuck there forever!

*Rescue that gnome from that underdark soul trap machine thing. First say that he's free to return to his family, and then cast imprisonment on him as he runs away.

*In Bg1, you don't have balors and pit fiends and stuff, but what you DO have are Phoenix Guards. They explode when they die, and that explosion doesn't lower reputation if it kills innocent people.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That sounds like fun. I'll gate a balor the next time I'm in a town.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Southpaw said:

... I had Kahlid do my taxes...

I think @Southpaw just won this thread! :D
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

I think you get rep. loss form this, but i'm not sure.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

I think you get rep. loss form this, but i'm not sure.
    No, you don't, but it would be cool if it's implemented.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I know this breaks the harper plot... but i ditch the harper Renfeld when he asked me to take him back to his harper friends at the harper base in the docks district.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Vasculio said:

I know this breaks the harper plot... but i ditch the harper Renfeld when he asked me to take him back to his harper friends at the harper base in the docks district.

I've wanted to do that but never given up the quest.