Skip to content

What BGEE2 needs to do to be successful

124»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I kind of think that sarcasm should be against the law if you aren't very good at it.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    What really needs to happen is that they need to rebuild the engine until nothing is hardcoded and EVERYTHING is moddable. If I want to add new multi-classes to the multi-class UI screen at Character creation I should have the power to do so easily so I can become a Druid/Mage..

Though the way everyone is talking about how they want no changes... why even make the game? Just copy the old game onto CDs, stick them in a box and call it enhanced... worked great for Mario's 25th anniversary!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Dazzu said:

What really needs to happen is that they need to rebuild the engine until nothing is hardcoded and EVERYTHING is moddable. If I want to add new multi-classes to the multi-class UI screen at Character creation I should have the power to do so easily so I can become a Druid/Mage..

This is definitely the thing that would help the BG brand most in the long term. Mods played a big part in keeping people playing these games for almost 15 years. Even more moddable engine could do the same and MORE! ;D I really hope Overhaul has moddability very high on their list of priorities.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

I kind of think that sarcasm should be against the law if you aren't very good at it.

That reminds me of one of my former teachers. Once, after a misplaced phone call, he said something like "I wish phones were against the law for people that do not pass an exam on how to use them".
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Dazzu said:

Though the way everyone is talking about how they want no changes... why even make the game? Just copy the old game onto CDs, stick them in a box and call it enhanced... worked great for Mario's 25th anniversary!

It depends on the changes.

Making the game more moddable, enhance the code to speed up loading time, fix bugs, improve compatibility with modern OS and new screen resolutions, I'm all for that.

Changing the gameplay or the actual content, no thanks.
  • OoglioknacktidOoglioknacktid Member Posts: 4
    I can only speak for myself, but I would buy the game regardless of whatever else is changed/new if they got rid of loading screens like they did in BGEE.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

But how would schools cope with all the teachers in prison?!
  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
    I'd like new epic end game sidequests. Things that will REALLY test player skill, not just level. I mean, we're playing as the spawn of *Bhaal* and have been for sometime at this point so lets assume the player isn't mentally handicapped and take off the gloves. Give us something that will destroy anyone who relies on dumb luck, something so deliciously evil and devilishly difficult that it will appeal to sado masochists and mad men. Throw everything you've got at us.

An ingame arena with insane challenges and a cushy reward at the end would be nice too. I played the black pitts afew times but I didn't really have much incentive to do so. It wasn't that much of a challenge and it didn't help shape my main game experience in any way which was a mistake because the story and length were not enough to stand on its own.