Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh it's okay, just adds more difficulty to the game, lol. I know it's beyond the scope of the mod to tamper with creature abilities normally though, besides fixing things and giving a few level ups to some enemies here and there. But everytime an improved spellcaster enemy in the game behaves almost like a real, thinking person, I praise you. :-)
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Yeah, I mostly only tamper with abilities within the rules. Lots of creatures in the game have incorrect saving throws, so the "initialise" component does a fairly systematic fix. But it's getting the answer wrong for these odd L30 creatures.
    New version now available.
    Woah that was fast! I've just deleted the creature files in my override that had wrong saves. They return to their vanilla and lose their smart scripts but most are ogres, ogrilions, xvarts and spiders so I don't want them to be real smart anyway. An ogrillion can just lock in the nearest target, ditto for a spider. hobgobs and bandits should be more smart though and they have the annoying habit of turning unarmored targets into punchison in SCS :-) I manually changed giant and phase spiders saves though, since I did not want them to lose their special scripts and return to vanilla behaviour. They will still have their deadly tricks in scs, right? ^^
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    To update, do I have to reinstall the mod or what?
    Uninstalling the old version completely and then installing the new version has always been the procedure before.
    Just reinstall, it should be able to cope.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2013
    v 23(beta) The "remove all tutorial NPC's" portion doesn't remove the two green robed tutors in the Candlekeep Inn on the 1st floor.
    Post edited by zenblack on
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    zenblack is correct on the two tutors. Also @DavidW, you'll be pleased to know that as always your amazing mod works on the iPad. It even plays nicely with the Rogue Rebalancer.

Fun!
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Is there a version available for use with OS/X?

I have WeiDU working, so I just need the distribution to not be a Windows executable.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2013
    @Nifft The Unarchiver, free in the App Store, can open the executable
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Thanks, I'll try that!
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    mlnevese said:

@Nifft The Unarchiver, free in the App Store, can open the executable

Isn't this built in to osX?

@Vintrastorm Not if you want to open a Windows self-extract archive executable.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    @minevese I meant the app. I've always had it as long as I can remember. I guess it was just one of those apps you install without thinking about it. :)
    @Vintrastorm It's one of those. :) I installed it so long ago I can't even remember when... Actually the producer has a more complete version that let you browse the archives and extract single files called The Archive Browser, but I never felt the need to buy it.

http://archivebrowser.c3.cx/
  • HaenirHaenir Member Posts: 5
    Trying to install on OS X 10.8, at some point during the Initialise Mod stage I get this error, "resource [bolt02\n.ITM] not found for 'COPY'," and the installation aborts. Is there something I can tweak to get around this?
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    v23(Beta) Calls for help seem not to be working, at least were not working on the following: Gnolls, Hobgoblins, Dread Wolves, Dire Wolves, Bandits, Ghouls. I was able to kill each type of monster 1 at a time even though they were clustered near other units of the same type. S of Beregost, N of Nashkel, W of Nashkel, Gnoll Stronghold
    Thanks, will follow up.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    zenblack said:

v23(Beta) Calls for help seem not to be working, at least were not working on the following: Gnolls, Hobgoblins, Dread Wolves, Dire Wolves, Bandits, Ghouls. I was able to kill each type of monster 1 at a time even though they were clustered near other units of the same type. S of Beregost, N of Nashkel, W of Nashkel, Gnoll Stronghold

It's been working for me. I was quite surprised when the wolves outside of the temple all chased me down... Good thing I had arial servants to assist!

• DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Bit of a bug to report: Mages will often have "Protection from Magical Weapons" (that absolute SCS staple) display over their head without actually casting the spell. ("Psych!")
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @DavidW - When I fought Zordral at the Nashkel fair, the fight was disappointingly easy. He cast his buffs instantly as expected, mirror image and the like, but then he just ran around the tent not casting or attacking while being pelted and hacked by my party.

I've attacked the WeiDU.log so you can see what options I installed.

Bassilus on the other hand was a very nasty surprise! Awesome work!
    @DavidW

Mod's old version is doing fine for now on ipad, one hitch I noticed, enemy mages switch between melf's minute meteors and their equipped melee weapon freely. Is this intended behaviour?

Like, the mage hurls meteors, and when my fighters close in on him, he switches to quarterstaff, to avoid penalties of using ranged weapon in melee, but I think 'Aha! He has run out of MMMs, good!' and when I leave him alone he takes a few steps back and switches to MMMs instantly like 'Haha, you should see your face, got you!' and throws them with glee, killing my low HP mage.

IIRC players can not switch between MMMs and their equipped weapons freely, it's the penalty a mage has to accept if he uses MMMs. And I think MMMs are just too overpowered to begin with, 5 attacks/round, 7-10 damage each, with +5 to hit, yikes! After much pain, I edited them to +2 to hit, 1d4 piercing and 1d4 fire damage, still...enemy mages should not be switching MMMs so easily.
  • mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    Haenir said:

Trying to install on OS X 10.8, at some point during the Initialise Mod stage I get this error, "resource [bolt02\n.ITM] not found for 'COPY'," and the installation aborts. Is there something I can tweak to get around this?

Same issue here. Due to some missing/cannot locate ITM files the Initialize stage cannot complete.
    I run weidu through terminal: ./setup-strategems everyone seems to install fine until I get this:

SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) arow02 ax1h02 ax1h07 blun03 blun05 blun07 bolt02
    dagg02 dart02 halb02 hamm02 staf02 sw1h02 sw1h05
    sw1h08 sw1h14 sw1h22 sw1h24 sw1h98 sw2h02...

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 2127 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 2127 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [bolt02\n.ITM] not found for 'COPY'")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG to davidw, Gibberlings3 forums

Can anyone run V.23 without this problem on OSX (10.8) ?
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @DavidW Does changing the stratagems.ini options work for a BG:EE game, and are you planning on an equivalent option of "AI_Detects_Items_Slowly" for AI detecting player/party resists + stats? If I understand SCS correctly, the AI (or whatever) instantly recognizes resists and weaknesses in player characters/party NPCs without the same empirical process that a normal person would go through. It would be nice to force the AI to undergo a learning curve, or disable it completely.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone still get this error while using installer?
    ** ERROR ** [SETUP-STRATAGEMS_AUTOINSTALL.TP2] not found.
    Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
    that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.[setup-stratagem
    s_autoinstall.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"

I can't make it work.
    BTW: Does this mod works with every language version?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    agris said:

@DavidW Does changing the stratagems.ini options work for a BG:EE game, and are you planning on an equivalent option of "AI_Detects_Items_Slowly" for AI detecting player/party resists + stats? If I understand SCS correctly, the AI (or whatever) instantly recognizes resists and weaknesses in player characters/party NPCs without the same empirical process that a normal person would go through. It would be nice to force the AI to undergo a learning curve, or disable it completely.

I guess you can just assume that the enemy saves and reloads until he figures out your immunities and resistances? ;)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I've never tried SCS before. But I'm planning to go through it once the NPC Pack comes out, that way I can capitalise on tougher battles and more in-depth NPCs at the same time :)
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The watcher that skips candlekeep for you seems to wander off a lot for me. Usually heads south and enters the watch house. I'd be okay if this happened after a set amount of time but he often seems to start that way immediately.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    This might be in the FAQ but if it is, I missed it. Is there an option somewhere to toggle the SCS AI via CLUAConsole? I'd love to try this - never did SCS in the first game - but I'm also playing a multiplayer game with a friend. The two things seem to be incompatible.