Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    how many kobolds should be spawned at the mulahey battle in nashkell mines? when i got there, he kept on calling reinforcements over and over until he died, and then they continued after the battle was over. kobolds blocked my exit! i am not sure if anyone has experienced this and if there is a fix.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307

how many kobolds should be spawned at the mulahey battle in nashkell mines? when i got there, he kept on calling reinforcements over and over until he died, and then they continued after the battle was over. kobolds blocked my exit! i am not sure if anyone has experienced this and if there is a fix.

Several people have reported the same thing. I doubt it's intended behavior that you have to kill Mulahey, loot everything and then get out of the area all inside the 5-6 seconds you've got before the entrance is completely clogged by spawning kobolds.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    aldain said:

Several people have reported the same thing. I doubt it's intended behavior that you have to kill Mulahey, loot everything and then get out of the area all inside the 5-6 seconds you've got before the entrance is completely clogged by spawning kobolds.
    thank you for replying. if that is not intended behavior, i think i will turn off that component until it is fixed. i, unfortunately, am using this for my first time, so i dont know what it should be. but i was pretty certain the entrance shouldn't get clogged by kobolds after i've killed 100+
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    any chance for update ??
  • LinariusLinarius Member Posts: 8
    Cant wait to get this mod going! Having played BG ages ago with it, fights in EE unmodded vanilla seem so easy and repetitive now, I stopped playing. So TY for all the work bringing SCS to EE.

When I try to install this on Mac it only partially works, however. I can unarchive it and run the BG Mac Mod Installer / WEIDU to install it, the install script runs and it installs a lot of the initialize mod. Works fine and does a ton of stuff ("patched 2100 files" etc) but then it gets to this point:

SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) wand05 wand07...
    ...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) arow02 ax1h02 ax1h07 blun03 blun05 blun07 bolt02
    dagg02 dart02 halb02 hamm02 staf02 sw1h02 sw1h05
    sw1h08 sw1h14 sw1h22 sw1h24 sw1h98 sw2h02...

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 2127 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 2127 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [bolt02\n.ITM] not found for 'COPY'")

Just to be sure I tried installing SCS on a clean install of Baldurs Gate EE (with no other mods). And installing other mods also works, its not failing because Im not correctly doing mod installations in general.

I am so looking forward to this mod, TY again for work making it compatible to EE.

• HaenirHaenir Member Posts: 5
    @Linarius: A partial solution to this issue was posted by @Nifft a while back:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17376/scs-mod-on-osx

It seems that some of the mod can be installed on macs, at least.
  • LinariusLinarius Member Posts: 8
    TY Haenir, I tried to apply it, but either it does not work on my system (I get an error typing in the first instruction, maybe because the path name leads to the application 'sandbox'?), or my Mac/code skills are not strong enough. The OP in that thread couldn't quite get it to work for him either but I tried anyway (I really want SCS!). I read through the description of the problem and also tried to find all item lists that were split (with the DOS line endings) to separate them, but that got very confusing too. There's a lot of .tpa and other files in that mod and I can't come close to following how they all work and where what I need to change is located.

I think, alas, I need to wait for the real coders to post a Mac-safe version, or instructions so simple and failsafe that Boo the Hamster could follow them on his Mac (I'm pretty sure Boo is a Mac guy, not a PC guy).
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    First time trying SCS!
    So I solo run the game with a Swasbuckler/Fighter but am now stuck in the Bandits camp where literally dozens of them come at me all together. The thing is, even after turning invisible they still follow me to eventually surround me!
    Anyway, I've found out that one needs to go directly to Tazok's tent to avoid the alarm being sounded. Still, this issue may need fixing.
  • hallderekhallderek Member Posts: 3
    Can someone explain how to activate ease-of-use party ai? I've installed it using the latest SCS mod. It says hit "S" to toggle ai behavior, but when I hit "S" it just puts me in stealth mode.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    @hallderek Did you remember to choose it as the custom script for you characters?
  • hallderekhallderek Member Posts: 3
    I figured it out now. I've played this game > 10 years and just now saw that there are ai scripts.
  • LephidilesLephidiles Member Posts: 20
    btw anyone tried this in linux wine ? got two missing strings in bergost field post inn merchant on what i guess is a axe +something seems to glow green so guess it has to do with poison and a bow witch i guess is composite long bow +1 also the silke quest bugged with a missing string #32298

As linux checks for capital letters in file name i guess it has to do with this not sure if wine makes capital or noncapital the same just though i post it here :)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Do you plan to publish some updates, or is it final version of this mod?
    Shapeshifting seems to be broken. I just created Shapeshifter and in special power tab I have changing into werewolf ability, but it does nothing. Also when i mouse-over it i only get "F1:" without name.
    I have used polish version.
    PS: Is it possible to uninstall this mod without deleting override folder?
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
    @Etamin I thought they changed shapeshifting so that you have a special equipeable paw that changes you into werewolf.
    True, i didn't know. So i guess this special ability is leftover. Or does it have any usage?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Hi @DavidW, any chance of a table of contents or a log archive for this mod explaining what is changed and in which proportions? By the way thx for the work.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited May 2013
    Etamin said:

Do you plan to publish some updates, or is it final version of this mod?

I think he said it was still a beta version for him. But then, he doesn't seem to update it anymore. Maybe he's waiting for the next big official patch to apply his own update ?

Anyway my two cent question @DavidW : is the work you did for BGEE will help for the BG2EE version of SCSII ? ANd a suggestion : could you by any chance edit some of the NPC with the new kits Beamdog added in the last patch ? It would be pleasant to fight a dwarf defender or a shadowdancer once in a while.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Considering @DavidW works for Overhaul now, it seems likely that any planned updates are in the works for when the next patch rolls out (assuming there is one in the works). He might be too busy to work on it.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Be patient guys ;)
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    @kamuizin, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8561203/readme-stratagems.html

@Palanthis, I assume it helps a great deal since he combined SCS and SCSII into single mod. So it fits for BG1, BG2, Tutu, BG:EE.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    I think I've found a bug, or at least something weird. I went to the basilisk area with Shar-Teel, Ajantis, Minsc and charname fighter. The moment I arrived Shar-Teel and Ajantis started a fight with no dialogue before, but both of them remain in the party (green-colored). I thought, 'ok, I knew Ajantis would attack her eventually'. So I loaded the auto-save, kicked Ajantis and repeated the process. This time Shar-Teel and Minsc start a fight. I thought, 'ok, I didn't know this can happen, but minsc is good and male...'. So I loaded the auto-save, kicked minsc too and repeated the process. This time Shar-Teel attacks charname, and this is really rare for a NPC.
    Besides this happens only in basilisk area, so it may be related to the fact that Shar-Teel is originally scripted to fight you in this area if you want her to join your party.
    edited May 2013
    You may be right about this bug. If i remember correctly, the new locations of some NPC that SCS (or other mods) did provide in the past can't work with BGEE for now.
    If you go to the basilisk area without this mod option, you find Shar-Teel in the area just like in vanilla, and no such bug could occur, i think. Unless you come first to get her, then go back in the area later... if it's what happenend to you, it's very strange.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Sorry I didn't explain myself right: I recruit her in the area south of beregost (move NPC locations component) and when I travel to basilisk area she always attacks a male warrior in the party. This only happens in this area and if there is no other male in the party she attacks charname, but again, she always remain in the party (green colored). It's not a big deal anyway, I just kicked her, cleared the area and recruited her again.
    Palanthis said:

You may be right about this bug. If i remember correctly, the new locations of some NPC that SCS (or other mods) did provide in the past can't work with BGEE for now.

Besides Shar-Teel's weird behaviour in this area, all other new NPC locations provided by SCS work perfectly: tiax, quayle, viconia and eldoth (i'm using v23)
    edited May 2013

Considering @DavidW works for Overhaul now, it seems likely that any planned updates are in the works for when the next patch rolls out (assuming there is one in the works). He might be too busy to work on it.

what worries me a bit is that @DavidW seems to have disappeared completely from this forum and the SCS forum for the last 3 months.

But then again, i don't know what he's doing for Beamdog, and of course, he has no real responsability to continue his work on SCS (even though i, like many, hope he will, and that he'll keep us informed of his plans).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I agree with @Palanthis I fear and wonder where @DavidW is. BG2:EE just won't be the same without SCS2. :-(
    I hope he's ok...
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    I had problems with Shar-Teel after visiting the basilisk area as well. She started attacking eldoth with no dialog, then she attacked me after he died. I tried reloading and booting her from the party in naskell before visiting the basilisk area, but when she rejoined she went back to her spazzy behavior. If I booted eldoth and picked up just her she still tried to kill me. I ended up just killing her. I knew I was playing with fire having eldoth and shar-teel in the same party, but there's definitely something wrong with the mod there.

If you're using shar-teel you may want to avoid that area.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    He doesn't need to fix it until they release a patch anyway. There have been plenty of bugs reported for whenever he decides to dig back into it.