Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2015
    @BelziBhaal

Also, in the second paragraph, I have no idea what you said. I'm a little buzzed on painkillers, so brain not working all too well.

If you have a save game already and want to make changes to your character (i.e. change class, kit, race, etc.), you can open it up along side the character you have exported.

Make the changes directly to the save game by comparing your save game and the exported character. :-)

I mentioned it some time ago (don't think it was in this topic), and the basics were: create a new character and level up in-game, then open that character up along side your original save game and make the edits.

• BelziBhaalBelziBhaal Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Oh. I'd rather not mess around with my save as I would like to keep the Korgan the way that he is, as he is the one I would have replaced with Amber.

Is there any other way to get her into the game as a .chr instead of a .cre?
    @BelziBhaal, unfortunately not. If you don't want to edit your main character or replace a current character in your party, you'll need to do so via multiplayer.
  • BelziBhaalBelziBhaal Member Posts: 4
    Oh well.
    @BelziBhaal, another thought—it's possible that you could add the CRE to the game and use CTRL+Q, then edit the save game to include a name on that character. You won't be able to do this in the CRE file, but you will as part of the save game.
    lolien
  • tysxychtysxych Member Posts: 3
    I download the 1.0.3.0 EE keeper. When I click the "Add Kit Effects" button, it shows "Unable to locate the kit ability list".image
    Troodon80
    @tysxych that was part of my 2DA rewrite, I thought I had gotten all of those calls (I did for the spells, at least). I'll get that fixed tomorrow and upload as 1.0.3.1. :-)
    lolien
    Troodon80 said:

@tysxych that was part of my 2DA rewrite, I thought I had gotten all of those calls (I did for the spells, at least). I'll get that fixed tomorrow and upload as 1.0.3.1. :-)

Thank you very much!
    lolien
  • Empr_PenguinEmpr_Penguin Member Posts: 2
    I've been trying to change my class from an Inquisitor to cavalier in BG2EE and looking at a guide says to reset character to 0 and then lvl up so stats and such change to new class then add exp to get to previous lvl, but every time i try to lvl from 0 BG crashes saying "an error was found". I tried just changing my class kit, but that just does nothing :S.
    @Empr_Penguin,

I can't replicate a crash by doing a simple kit change and resetting the level. Can you zip and upload a save game for me to look at?
    cognoscentuslolien
  • Empr_PenguinEmpr_Penguin Member Posts: 2
    @Troodon80

Never mind i fixed it, i was removing stuff from the "memorization" tab because i thought it was to do with priest and wizard spells :S, not removing anything made everything work fine.
    Troodon80lolien
    @Empr_Penguin,

Glad you got it sorted. And yes, the memorisation tab can be a problem if you remove stuff. It's there so that people who don't yet have an Innate category can add it to make use of their innate abilities added via the Kit button under the Innate tab. :-)
    cognoscentuslolien
    Hello, I have a problem about "Character Browser". When I click the "Character Browser" button, the "Profiles" menu adds a "Character Browser Window" option and can't remove in the "Settings-Installation Directory-Game Profile". image
    1.png 25.2K
    edited June 2015
    @tysxych,

Fixed for next version. Didn't filter it when looking for profiles. I'm looking at the next version possibly being ready by next weekend or the weekend after. There were a few tweaks that should be made it in; another one being the Character Browser: when you try to delete a CHR resource from the override directory, it looks for CRE instead. And a feature requested by AstroBryGuy on Mac: when it is updated, all the INI settings can be lost, so I'm making a new location for Mac (only) to store them.

So there are three things in total.
    cognoscentuswho_is_daniel
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    The EEKeeper.exe from the "EE Keeper 1.0.3.2.zip" at sourceforge still shows the version in the window header as "EE Keeper - Version 1.0.3.1". This seems to confuse the check for updates feature.
    Troodon80
    @Sam_

Re-download. :-)
  • NatureDruidNatureDruid Member Posts: 2
    If I use the program to change the alignment of a druid to neutral good, will there be any repercussions such as fallen status?
    @NatureDruid: No. There shouldn't be any difference. The alignment in this case is mostly cosmetic.

News for the update released yesterday (wanted to wait for the Mac wrapper since it's part of the update).

Small update, 1.0.3.2:
    • Mac Specific Settings are now stored differently. See here for details on retaining settings/preferences. Requested by @AstroBryGuy for better compatibility and user friendliness.
    • Corrected deleting and delete message for characters (it was trying to delete creatures with the specified resource name, so it wasn't deleting anything).
    • Character Browser Window is now filtered when looking for profiles in the INI file. Thanks to @tysxych for pointing that out.
    who_is_danielAstroBryGuy
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    How to increase number of spell casts per round?
    So, I want with my mage that he can cast about 4 or 5 spells in one round.
    Now he can do that only once.
    @brus, two opcodes you will likely need:-
    • Spell Effect: Aura Cleansing [188]
    • Stat: Casting Speed Modifier [189]
    The number of spells you can cast in a single round depends on both the casting time of the spell, and the cooldown (aura) afterwards.
    brus
    edited August 2015
    Troodon80 said:

@brus, two opcodes you will likely need:-

• Spell Effect: Aura Cleansing [188]
    • Stat: Casting Speed Modifier [189]
    The number of spells you can cast in a single round depends on both the casting time of the spell, and the cooldown (aura) afterwards.
    Thx, I did it. It works. Is there some guide what everything means and how it works in effects tab?
    Time, four empty variables which I left open,modifiers etc...

Btw, how to change Call of lightning spell to cast indoor ? That would be great. I couldn't find that in spells section.
    edited August 2015
    @brus,
    brus said:

Thx, I did it. It works. Is there some guide what everything means and how it works in effects tab?
    Time, four empty variables which I left open,modifiers etc...

Not at the moment—but that doesn't mean I couldn't add such helpful features. A descriptor for the options available. Right now, the primary elements you need to be concerned with are the two items that change (i.e. Modifier, Constant Value, etc.), the timing (Flags), and the dispel/resist option. Most of the time, if you add an effect yourself, you'll want it set to Instant, Permanent, and Cannot Dispel/Can Bypass Resistance. Other details are in the textbox to the right of the Edit Effect window. The text in the aforementioned texbox is loaded from the bgEEEffects.DAT file; so if there's something in particular you're looking for, you can probably do a CTRL+F search of the text document in Notepad.
    brus said:

Btw, how to change Call of lightning spell to cast indoor ? That would be great. I couldn't find that in spells section.

You'll need to modify the spell file. Spells cannot be modified with Keeper yet.

Soon, though.

Soon...
    brus
    edited August 2015
    Troodon80 said:

brus said:

You'll need to modify the spell file. Spells cannot be modified with Keeper yet.

Soon, though.

Soon...
    Thx Troodon80 for the info. For spell modifiers could you add:
    damage, AOE damage, radius, change to indoor also ( for Call of lightning), duration (for buffs and spells shields), percentage of special effects (Lower resistance spell,etc ...)
    If I'll remember something else I'll post it.

Btw, with your spell modification addition to EEKeeper, will it be possible to create our own spells ?
    brus said:

Btw, with your spell modification addition to EEKeeper, will it be possible to create our own spells ?

Eventually, yes.
    brusjackjack
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    brus said:

Troodon80 said:

brus said:

Soon, though.

Soon...
    Thx Troodon80 for the info. For spell modifiers could you add:
    damage, AOE damage, radius, change to indoor also ( for Call of lightning), duration (for buffs and spells shields), percentage of special effects (Lower resistance spell,etc ...)
    If I'll remember something else I'll post it.

You can do all of this with NearInfinity or DLTCEP. Of course, it'll be nice to also have EEKeeper able to do this kind of editing too, but there are tools available now to do it.
    Troodon80
  • demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    Great tool and so far the wineskin version works well on OSX! Used it in BG2EE to fix some bad proficiency choices for Minsc.

One tip for Mac users, however, is to select the "Resources" folder within the BG2 app package as the game location during initial setup (not the numbered folder BeamDog creates, as other setup guides indicate). This may not be necessary for all Mac users, but it solved my own problems with EE Keeper being unable to load game resources and language options not populating in the dropdown menu.

Thanks to Troodon80 for all of your hard work!
    Troodon80JuliusBorisov
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    First of all, great work making this editor.

I have been trying to edit the journal entries on an Icewind Dale savegame and even though I can search for the entry I want to create, once I select it, it doesn't appear on the edit journal entry, nor can I edit the text inside.

Also as a side note, user created strings don't have any text.

Any chance of having those fixed on a future version?