Skip to content

Balduran's Logbook & Butter knife

The user and all related content has been deleted.
ArchnecromancerajwzEudaemoniumelminstermars0124mungomunkGriegSwordsNotWords

Comments

• ArchnecromancerArchnecromancer Member Posts: 17
    Support this completely! There's nothing worse than special items like these that you can't do anything with...
    [Deleted User]EudaemoniumSwordsNotWords
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Good idea - get some small value and a quest reward for them
    [Deleted User]
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    nice idea

i think it would be cool if u could sell them to the hall of wonders for a rep gain or to the thiefs guild for a rep loss
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Never !!!
    Balduran's Butter knife is epic artifact rank S.
    It's priceless !!!
    Jarrakul
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188

Support this completely! There's nothing worse than special items like these that you can't do anything with...

ajwz said:

These. Both items don't serve much purpose but if they were given to the Hall of Wonders for a cash reward and a reputation point then they would be worth keeping around.

Maybe his sword and cloak as well but there would have to be a cash reward worth double than what you can get from a store. This would work if you have no plans on using these items.

It'll be like the Spider, Boots and Wine quest only a lot more profitable.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Edvin said:

Never !!!
    Balduran's Butter knife is epic artifact rank S.
    It's priceless !!!

I totally agree....how are you going to spread butter on your sandwiches without it!!! You will starve. Maybe there could be different options for the artifacts...personally I think it's weird to sell them...maybe if you are eeeevil. I would gladly donate them for free (100.000 or 200.000 gc doesn't really matter).

I feel theay are kind of important though as Balduran to me is.....well the guy who named baldurs Gate!!!! But I must admit I have no idea of his importance in the Mythology...

The items seem like great catalysts for a new quest...or NPC, the heir of Balduran, a lousy fighter trying to live up to his legacy,Str 13, Dex 9, Con 11, Cha 24. he is so intriguing and charismatic so there is no way you can remove him from the party or opt to not resurrect him.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    To be honest, I kind of like them as random flavor items. Yeah, they don't actually do anything, but they're cool. Since when push comes to shove enjoyment is all you get out of anything in the game, I don't really think they need to do anything else.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I thought you could sell them for a hefty amount of cash anyway? I seem to remember getting loads for them in one of my earlier playthroughs (Haven't played EE yet... waiting for the new patch).
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @EntropyXII I think the logbook is 5000gp, the butter knife around 100? Might be the opposite though.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Cheesebelly - Yeah I think that's what I remember. I actually liked that when I discovered it - a nice little surprise. I didn't know you could get much gold for the logbook at first and my mouth dropped when I was offered that much for it!
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Heinrich said:

ajwz said:

Maybe his sword and cloak as well but there would have to be a cash reward worth double than what you can get from a store. This would work if you have no plans on using these items.

Good idea, but I think they should be worth much less than at a store, but you gain a reputation point. That way you choose between keeping them for yourself, selling for bucket loads of cash, or practically donating them for historical purposes, it would add a bit of RP flavour.
    NeonfiskJarrakulelminster