Skip to content

Gathering all the NPCs

So I have a personal little fun project in mind for a playthrough that I'm undertaking, and it entails gathering all, or nearly all of the NPCs in one location. Probably some mansion that my Lawful Evil character ends up ... acquiring ... one way or the other. Anyway, I want to know if anybody could tell me how all the NPCs react to getting kicked out of the party. In BGII things were quite simple, you could tell them to stay where you booted 'em out or tell them to head to the Copper Coronet. In BG1 however, they leave and automatically stay put ... or at least most of them. I know some of them actually get really pissed off at you for kicking them out, and straight up leave the gaming space forever. If I recall correctly, Edwin does this. I would imagine a few others do however, so I want to know if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks!

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Keep your rep average and you should have a problem just with Baeloth.
    But I could be wrong :p
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The new NPCs have minds of their own in terms of leaving. Neera, Dorn, and Baeloth all go to the Friendly Arm Inn to hang out when you boot them. Rasaad, however goes to Nashkel when kicked out.

Now, that said, there is some trickery you could employ that may just make them stay put. Like a cursed scroll of petrification which is obtainable in various locations including Lucky Aello's Discount Store in the Gate.

Also be careful how you handle Edwin, Minsc, and Dynahair (however it's spelled). I would suggest moving Minsc and Dyna to your place and then moving Edwin there or move Edwin first and then Minsc and Dyna.

Also, they gave Yeslick a new hang out place (I forget where) in case you leave him in the mines or something, but I don't think he goes there automatically when kicked.

Other than that it should be smooth sailing.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Tresset said:

The new NPCs have minds of their own in terms of leaving. Neera, Dorn, and Baeloth all go to the Friendly Arm Inn to hang out when you boot them. Rasaad, however goes to Nashkel when kicked out.

Now, that said, there is some trickery you could employ that may just make them stay put. Like a cursed scroll of petrification which is obtainable in various locations including Lucky Aello's Discount Store in the Gate.

I figured this would be the case, much to my annoyance. That is an excellent idea with the Petrification ... It's actually kind of badass! Are there any other such methods to get them to stay put, or is that it? Otherwise, guess I'd better hoard cursed scrolls, hah!
    Tresset said:

Also be careful how you handle Edwin, Minsc, and Dynahair (however it's spelled). I would suggest moving Minsc and Dyna to your place and then moving Edwin there or move Edwin first and then Minsc and Dyna.

For sure. I thought Edwin gets real pissed about you booting him and leaves the game space forever though? Guess I'll have to give it a shot and see if I'm remembering wrong, or what.
    Tresset said:

Also, they gave Yeslick a new hang out place (I forget where) in case you leave him in the mines or something, but I don't think he goes there automatically when kicked.

Huh, interesting.
    Tresset said:

Other than that it should be smooth sailing.

Thanks @Tresset!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well, I can only imagine any special method that makes the new characters stay put would have to somehow boot them from the party while at the same time bypassing their usual run off scripts all without permanently killing them. To my knowledge there are only two things that can do that: Petrification and Imprisonment. Of course imprisonment is really hard to come by in BG2 and pretty much non existent in BG1 so you may want to either stock up on cursed scrolls or make your location have a basilisk handy (although they tend to keep attacking statues after they get petrified (due to lack of brains) which will cause permanent death).

I don't really remember all the places you could find the scrolls but I do know that they are a somewhat rare drop from mid level treasure monsters like ogres and ghouls.

Also if you want to, uh, bend the rules you can make a contract with Gargoyles Inc. (remember them?) They have a reputation for offering high quality stone work at a reasonable price. I hear that their CEO @Anduin recently developed a brand new innovation for portable petrification! He calls the invention "scrl16" and I am sure he could arrange for shipments of scrl16 to be delivered to a CLUAConsole near you.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited July 2013
    @Tresset One pet rock familiar and a garden Gnome coming your way for the free advertisement!

Remember I have moved into Mummification as well as Petrification... But as always your satisfication is guaranteed.

The problem you discuss @Quartz (loving the rock related name by the way...) can be solved by creative situational statuatory. As our friend @Tresset wisely advises a pack of Basilisks or a Basilisk in your pocket "scrl16", available from all reputable merchants, will solve you woes instantly... I suggest a collection box under each statue... You never know... It could get you a few gold pieces...
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/
    Is a BGEE compatible mod pack (not sure if that particular mod works for BGEE though)
    BG1 NPC Project also contains that mod (not sure about compatibility; I don't think its BGEE compatible)

Anyways, the mod in question lets you send NPCs dismissed from party in BG1 to a tavern of your choice. As well as allow you to split up pairs (they will complain but allow it)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    taltamir said:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/
    Is a BGEE compatible mod pack (not sure if that particular mod works for BGEE though)

FYI, that section of the SCS mod doesn't install on BGEE.
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    IIRC whether they leave forever or not depends on your alignment. If they're complaining, they probably will. However, I've been playing mostly with the BG1 NPC Project for the past few years so this might not be universally true.