Skip to content

Romance

SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
Not the I'm personally bothered but for the female friends i pester into getting this game, Romance for males with the wild mage but nothing for the girls?

Comments

• justagirljustagirl Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering the same thing; since I am a female who plays female characters. The new characters sound very interesting though.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2012
    I'm pretty sure they put 2 male characters and one female because they wanted to even out the fact that there are 3 romances for males and only 1 for females in BG2, so i'm pretty sure you can romance them. Or at least one of them.

I guess :p
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    It's great you're here will all the answers @PhilipDaigle :)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Not the I'm personally bothered but for the female friends i pester into getting this game, Romance for males with the wild mage but nothing for the girls?

I marked your post as insightful, though that might be not putting it right, but indeed, it's a question that came to my mind as well: what BG is most lacking (taking the vanilla trilogy as a whole) is romanceable males and it would be nice if the amount of choices for females was Overhauled. And while they're at it: gay romances? or should those stay moddable options?

• RegretZeroRegretZero Member Posts: 8

I marked your post as insightful, though that might be not putting it right, but indeed, it's a question that came to my mind as well: what BG is most lacking (taking the vanilla trilogy as a whole) is romanceable males and it would be nice if the amount of choices for females was Overhauled. And while they're at it: gay romances? or should those stay moddable options?

Well in my opinion it'd be better to leave that sort of thing to modding, although I suppose that even if it was implemented you wouldn't HAVE to use it.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Another thing I'd like to ask concerning the Romances, do they continue to BG2:EE or not?
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Can I just say how stoked I am for the romance with Neera? I love her character description and think the romance should be fun.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2012
    Thats great news, Neera could be a romance that last the whole saga. I just hope she gets into cat fights with the rest of the romance options. Hearing Jaheira and Neera fight would be sweet.
    Little info from Trent on Twitter.

@TrentOster

All three characters are romanceable.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135

Little info from Trent on Twitter.

@TrentOster

All three characters are romanceable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7FFjUpVLg
  • Pixel_KaiserPixel_Kaiser Member Posts: 7
    Cool to hear the new party members will be romanceable, but I'm curious if it'll be all hetero stuff.

I think it also raises the question of how BGEE will deal with the original characters being comparitively silent to the new characters, which is something I've seen other people here bring up but I'm still pretty confused about it.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    I always wonder what clear mind can write such romances you know... I mean:D

EDIT: this is not an insult or anything.
    Actually, their faq in the features section of the forum states that the only new dialogue they will add to the original characters will be interactions with the new characters. So don't worry, your old favorites won't be silent to your new flings. ;)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @Konabuga
    I lol'd. Nice :-D

IRT topic
    All three romanceble, hell yeah. I'ma get my groove on with the Blackguard!
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    edited July 2012
    okey all 3 new characters are rommancable... by whom?
    @Talrae Good question. Hopefully by anyone, as many have complained at how annoying it is to only have certain characters fall in love with certain races. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have one of the devs chyme in.
    by TrentOster in a tweet which makes it official.
  • Lions_fanLions_fan Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2012
    What about romances with town characters?

Can we have a family with a two-story home we come back to and homeschool after quests? I'd like a pet cat too.
    edited July 2012
    @wissenschaft Do you have a better place for finding info (aside from their site and faqs which are old news)?

Edit: I just realized that you weren't trying to be a smart-aleck. Sorry for jumping to that conclusion.
    Post edited by paulsifer42 on
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Romances are the kind of thing you just don't ask from developers... In my opinion, they do it if they want and if they feel confortable. Many games don't even have them, asking specificaly for romances in a game sounds wierd, because you are almost asking for some one to satisfy... your... you know needs lol
    Anyone thinking of making a Baldurs Gate 3 had better be comfortable with making romances or else they are going to make a lot of fans angry.

Lucky, it seems all 3 of the new BG:EE characters will have romances so this is a non-issue.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    Lions_fan said:

What about romances with town characters?

Can we have a family with a two-story home we come back to and homeschool after quests? I'd like a pet cat too.

Yeah, lets turn it into "Baldurs Sims the 4th edition" ... And I´m a vegetarian, so I WANT my vegetarian food in all taverns too
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    @Razor The thing is it's that Baldur's Gate games already have rommance in them... and can say that femele players really got the shaft in the game since they only one option at first and well it was bad
  • RaggieRaggie Member Posts: 23
    Neera looks cute. It would be nice if she'd be available for female chars as well. I'd be a little upset if there's no romance at all for female Bhaalspawns. :-(

I'm a bit baffled why they didn't decide to include any of the mod npcs to this edition. There are some that are of professional quality and, if I may say, better than the official Bioware romances. These modders have had unlimited time to dedicate to their creations, so their characters/romances have the kind of depth that is impossible to make with the kind of time game writers get. Why not take advantage of that? I would have *loved* to see characters like Gavin and Angelo included. Seems such a waste not to use them.
  • DreamDream Member Posts: 52
    To all you guys wondering about non-straight relationships Trent said on twitter:

We have one of the three who could be interested in a non-straight relationship

Gonna guess it'll be Neera.
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    Dream said:

To all you guys wondering about non-straight relationships Trent said on twitter:

We have one of the three who could be interested in a non-straight relationship

Gonna guess it'll be Neera.

I hope not. It would be fairer to make on of the guys bi so that both male and female get two options to choose.
    Ideally the one who comes free with the tablet versions, since I think that having the only chance for romance as DLC for one sex would not be a smart move. (Not that I am affected since I play on PC)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    A bisexual female character is just far more likely to occur in media than a bisexual male character. Just a fact of life.
  • DreamDream Member Posts: 52

A bisexual female character is just far more likely to occur in media than a bisexual male character. Just a fact of life.

Yea, that was pretty much my reasoning.