Skip to content

Romance

1235»

Comments

• SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    I made a post querying the lack of info about a romance for (not specified but assuming straight) females. It was cleared up in short order in about 4-5 posts that there was one, just not announced. The reason for this thread died.
    I come home from work today and find 5 pages of bullshit, bigotry, ranting and flames with the only thing missing being Nazis (there you go Godwin).

Cut the shit and start talking about the cool stuff you'd like to see in romances, how does cross alignment romance work, and can a Paladin ever make it with Viconia? Or I'll have this Locked/Deleted.

Grow up people.
  • RunarielRunariel Member Posts: 13
    @Maciak87 One last thought: You kept pointing out that people interested in gay romances would be a minority. Don't you see that we, future players of BGEE are a minority on the game market? We are the 5% that are not happy with playing GTA or CoD, just like there are 5% of us not happy with dating straight. Following your logic, BGEE should not even be produced ...

And I'll second that questions as to whether a Paladin-Viconia romance should be possible (and if, should have consequences for the Pala) are just more interesting :-)
  • RaggieRaggie Member Posts: 23

Grow up people.

:-(

Sorry if this thread failed to meet your expectations, but that's the way with discussions: they'll go all over the place. I don't mean to be blunt so please don't take this the wrong way, but starting a thread doesn't mean you own it or can dictate where people will take it. The topic title is "romance" and the discussion does fall under it.

I'm sorry if I've come across as a flamer. It was not my intention.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Raggie said:

Grow up people.

:-(

Sorry if this thread failed to meet your expectations, but that's the way with discussions: they'll go all over the place. I don't mean to be blunt so please don't take this the wrong way, but starting a thread doesn't mean you own it or can dictate where people will take it. The topic title is "romance" and the discussion does fall under it.

I'm sorry if I've come across as a flamer. It was not my intention.
    Don't take it personally, these kind of discussions always end this way anyway.

It was my fault as well that the thread derailed, if anything.

Actually no. I did not start this thread to talk about Gay Haters and Gay Whiners. As it stands, everyone gets a pretty good deal, both from Bioware and Beamdog.

I don't feel like I should have to go and start another thread just to bring it back on topic. If you want to discuss something else, take it somewhere else. The very act of starting a topic is creating a discussion around what you want to talk about. That's kind of the point. An OP who doesn't set a topic is just spamming.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'm pretty sure I've romanced Viconia with a paladin before from a roleplaying perspective. She's got a decent redemption storyline and surely a lawful good person would appreciate and work towards that.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Artistic freedom, and leave it at that. The Devs will decide.
    I really really enjoyed the Viconia redemption story, but I did it with my CG sorcerer so I've no idea how it would work with a Paladin (not that I'm planning that this time, the new Wild mage will be all the rage come september i think).

Viconia never got along with Keldorn to the point where it was impossible to keep both in the same part unless you hacked your game. This also meant her redemption in ToB could not be appreciate by the old Inquisitor, a shame.
  • KukarachaKukaracha Member Posts: 256
    Her redemption story is very interesting indeed (and she is my favourite char after all), but in the end it made the game lack a purely evil romance, à la Bonnie and Clyde.
    It was my understanding that it took some effort to redeem her and if you didn't do it right, she remained evil, or at very least a spiteful neutral, would that not suffice for an evil romance?
    There's lots of modding tools out there, and probably many modders who would join you. Get cracking.
  • charnamecharname Member Posts: 13
    About a paladin and Viconia romance... I think it's possible as long as you are not a sanctimonious prick which is a rare thing for paladins. And even if it is in a different universe there is the story of Sturm and Kitiara
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Wolfheart said:

Maciak87 said:

Well, mostly because the majority are young, heterosexual males, who do not mind the occasional female on female action, but don't particularly need any tender, male loving?:/

That's assuming its not old-timers returning to relive the glory of Baldurs Gate :P Sides, *points at earlier post* 50% are females :P .
    let,s not add that the industry have changed and the average age of the gamer is 37
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    First of all, I'm very happy to be getting the new Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I only played through once and always wanted to go through it, using something like Tutu. So here's my chance and I don't have to worry about how to install those mods.

My question is I plan on playing a gnome, and I know there were racial restrictions on the romance. In BG2, you could only romance Aerie. I wanted to know if this new Neera would be available for gnomes to romance. Can a function in the game turn-off the racial restriction if one exists? Or will the mod that removes the racial restriction work on BG:EE?

On a similar note, since I don't know if I can go through BG2:EE more than once, (as well as trying out being a gnome "ladies man") will the mod for concurrent romances work on BG2:EE?
    If it doesn't, i'm sure there'll be a new one fixed up in next to no time. It was one of the first mods out last time.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92

If it doesn't, i'm sure there'll be a new one fixed up in next to no time. It was one of the first mods out last time.

Thanks! Is this something I could suggest in the "Feature Request" section, or just wait for a mod?

Also, do we know if we can easily put in our own portraits for our characters as well as the NPC's with BG:EE, or will we have to use something like Shadow Keeper?
    There's no harm in asking, but I'm not sure they'd implement it as a permanent feature.

I have no idea about the portraits but if nothing has been said then I think that is a more than reasonable feature request to make.
    Thels said:

So, to summarize:

Bisexual and gay people exist in the world. Most likely at least some of them will play BGEE.

Rise hand
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    hands down and I have a question if you dont mind;) When you guys meet someone new do you say "hey I´m gay how are you? or so.
    And I´m not antigay or whatever I´m just confused.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I never actually intended for a rolecall on who's gay and who's not. I don't think it's important.

What's important is that there will be people that will find same-gender relationships more enjoyable, be it because they're gay, or because they prefer to both play and romance toons of the other gender.

Same gender relationships would be enjoyable to them, while they could be ignored by those not interested in them, even if the number of players not interested in them outnumber the players that are.

Opposite of that, if same gender relationships are not included, it doesn't provide anything beneficial to those that aren't interested in them, but makes those that are sad pandas.

So in short, their inclusion wouldn't hurt anyone, but would be a joy to some.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited July 2012

hands down and I have a question if you dont mind;) When you guys meet someone new do you say "hey I´m gay how are you? or so.

No, but when it's relevant to a topic we are discussing then I will bring it up. Why shouldn't I? If we were talking about Poland and someone said "Well I am Polish so I have insight into this issue..." it would be totally correct. Or if someone asked if there were many Polish people on the forum or whatever.

IMO it shouldn't be a big deal to talk about such things, but people act as if it has to be this big secret that's so dramatic and important.

I'm the wrong gender to say that... But no it's not how lesbian, bisexual and gay poeple introduce themself

• WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    _
    Talvrae said:

I'm the wrong gender to say that... But no it's not how lesbian, bisexual and gay poeple introduce themself

Most gay people don't bring it up at all ^^* And why would we? Its not like we want to have romance with everything that moves ^^*
  • SixSix Member Posts: 33
    Sadly BG2 is the only game where I have really enjoyed the original romance options. I do largely prefer to play a female on female romance and there have been a decent amount of mods to help out with that. So I'm confident mods will in the end give us what the devs fail(?) to deliver to clench our personal quirks.
    Having 3 new romance options alone is rather big assuming they are done with care and if I'm really lucky it could spur some npc on npc romance as well.
    Generally feel uncomfortable with M/M content but if it's exceptionally well made and not too explicit I'd play trough that too.

Guess I'm quite the romantic cause I quickly lose interest in story driven games that lack romance.
  • AberdashAberdash Member Posts: 42

What? Do you tell everyone you meet that you are straight?

• SixSix Member Posts: 33
    I'd guess NWN_babaYaga's question is mainly about how hard it would be for non straight people to find a partner without first declaring sexual orientation? IE a straight person falls in love with someone who will likely be straight so "just" need mutual feelings, while a non straight person would first need to luck out with the low chance of having the same sexual orientation.
    Now I kinda wish I would have asked some of my friends how they go about finding a non straight date. :)

And sorry for helping this go offtopic..