Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• LokizarroLokizarro Member Posts: 6
    Extremely excited, just make sure you iron out the bugs properly this time!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Finally, I can throw my money at you. One slight problem, though, I can only buy them one at a time...

... Again. :(

Also, for competition winners, you don't need to pre-order unless you really want to.

@trinit, @Memm, @serabiet, @Syntia13, @LavaDelVortel, hopefully (if the servers permit) I'll be in contact within the coming week with your BG2:EE keys. If you do pre-order, you will not be able to redeem your free copy.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Too much excitement to put into words and so I think a simple 'yay' would suffice.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyoooooooohwah
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Freaking awesome news! Love you guys! The new UI looks sweet! *explodes*
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    The UI seems fantastic. Can we have the same for BGEE ? :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Dee, I'm no longer able to make a purchase. I pre-ordered one, and now it just loops back to the product page when I click on "Pre-order for $24.95". Is this intended due to pre-order status, or is this a hiccup?
  • Tysonm1Tysonm1 Member Posts: 40
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can't wait for it!
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    All right!

My one big problem with BGEE was the cutscenes. BG2EE seems to have addressed this by going for a more 3D feel. Good stuff.
  • BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    Dee said:

Will it be on steam on 11/15?

Likely not. That's not to say it will never be released on Steam, but at launch (Nov. 15) it will most likely only be available from Beamdog.
    So will it be ever released on steam? Surely someone should know this...
    Those graphics look really good. Were you actually able to render BG2 in higher resolution somehow?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    What the... dude, look at that wallpaper!

I see Minsc, Dorn, Rasaad, Neera and... Edwin?

Looking forward to November already.
    edited August 2013
    Arcalian said:

All right!

My one big problem with BGEE was the cutscenes. BG2EE seems to have addressed this by going for a more 3D feel. Good stuff.

Agreed. I didn't dislike all of them, eg. the resting ones were decent, but others not only looked poor but kinda missed the point of the originals.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    Arcalian said:

All right!

will this improvement also go to BGEE?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Borsook said:

Dee said:

Likely not. That's not to say it will never be released on Steam, but at launch (Nov. 15) it will most likely only be available from Beamdog.
    Considering that the Steam version of BGEE has been entirely operated by Atari, it is difficult to predict with any sort of accuracy when a Steam version might be made available. We certainly have no control over that, so we couldn't tell you one way or another.
    Dee said:

Borsook said:

Dee said:

Considering that the Steam version of BGEE has been entirely operated by Atari, it is difficult to predict with any sort of accuracy when a Steam version might be made available. We certainly have no control over that, so we couldn't tell you one way or another.
    Yes, I know that, but isn't there any communication between Atari and Beamdog? Are you saying you do not what's going to happen publishing-wise to a game you're developing?
    I'm saying that at this time we have no plans to release the game on Steam, but that was true of BGEE as well and look what happened. ;)

It will probably be released there at some point, but definitely not at launch.
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    edited August 2013
    Good news, but what languages will be present at launch?
    And what is the little extra from BG1EE from this

Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

When we first announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, You set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of support from the fans of the original game.

Once the fires had subsided, thousands of you posted suggestions and requests on our forums. Dozens of volunteers from all over the world helped us improve game play, squash bugs, and generally fine-tune the game. Even more came to help work on translations from English to more than 16 other languages.

Executing on our plan to make the best Baldur’s Gate possible and responding to that overwhelming feedback, we’ve added new characters, areas, and story, creating many new hours of game play. Yet the suggestions, fixes, and translations continue, and more volunteers keep joining.

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we've decided to ensure that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our release date is now November 30th, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date.We will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

Trent Oster
    President, Overhaul Games
    ???

Post edited by lekikinou33 on
  • MalakaiusMalakaius Member Posts: 8
    Awesome! Pre-Ordering right now! You guys made my day!
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    there is boo on the shoulders of minsc on the wallpaper ...
    therefore i have to buy the game :)
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Ah yes.. THAT is again an excellent news!... on paper, sounds great right now yes! ^

Anyway.. digressions apart.. Crossing fingers that all will be ok for BG2EE.. and no more general sinister things around at that time of that year ^ (i mean syrian great american new bright idea right now..and all the very quick predictable economical consequences for the ones following the area..worldwild^).. but no need to worry more happy people..we have great govts & companies backing them in the west, np..be 'proud' to be part of it and let's always at least enjoy our virtual games till it lasts!.. */ ^^

..so, well... another nice new annoucement, yes, thx!.. if can, will get it too here.. np ^ :)
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    PS;
    just discovering right now http://www.baldursgateii.com/ !
    Looks great.. and pleasure to see we will have the end of the stories for dorn/neera/rasaad (+1 new one apparently) too ; excellent idea too ... not too excited with black pits 2 (or the end of the story too for Baeloth smthg?..the surprise char was very nice btw..so why not if related to that after all..lol), but well... all the rest seems perfectly on par & ok!... if can be done on schedule, first versions much less buggy than frst patched waves of bg1ee and all (but a priori..should be ok.. i guess the team learnt a lot with the problems on bg1ee..and same engines/mechanisms on bg2ee^^..).. i'm sure will be a great launch that time so!..well, as would say Mulder, i want to believe too again at least, np.. crossing fingers now... for all.. :*/
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Biggest female equivalent of a nerd boner ever! Take all my monies! <3
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited August 2013
    Preordered. 17+ charlevels of content are definately worth the 19.50€
  • snowshoes1818snowshoes1818 Member Posts: 3
    Question: It was indicated in the summer of last year that the IP related to the Return to Windspear mod formerly developed by Cuv, Quitch, and etc. had been signed over to Beamdog for possible use in BG2:EE. Should we expect any of this to find its way into an eventual release?
    We do still have it, yes. We haven't yet decided what to do with it, but it's on our dart-board of things to look at.

(Was that vague enough?)
    Dee said:

I'm saying that at this time we have no plans to release the game on Steam, but that was true of BGEE as well and look what happened. ;)

It will probably be released there at some point, but definitely not at launch.

ok, thanks. :) After the legal mishap some time ago, one can't help but to think that maybe you should keep a closer communication with Atari though :)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Your order has been processed successfully.. wohoo!
This discussion has been closed.