Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

So one would guess Baldur's Gate, and the TotSC areas.

That and Candlekeep chapter 6.

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    marrowj said:

ran into a fairly evil bug just now, Tried an old save on the newest patch with a fighter/mage/thief, I killed Phlydia just to to see if i could, afterwards i went inside the inn to Kill Firebead, i ran upstairs after he turned hostile and could not get up the stairs, Firebead went on to kill my character, i then reloaded and repeated the same thing to see if i could reproduce the bug with i could not, However i now automatically die shortly after killing Phlydia both outside the inn and inside seemingly from nothing.

@elminster @marrowj
    Couldn't this be due to angering Tethoril? If I remember things correctly from the good old days, he tends to oneshot you with a lightning strike that you don't see coming. He is running around out there in the grounds.

Sed said:

marrowj said:

ran into a fairly evil bug just now, Tried an old save on the newest patch with a fighter/mage/thief, I killed Phlydia just to to see if i could, afterwards i went inside the inn to Kill Firebead, i ran upstairs after he turned hostile and could not get up the stairs, Firebead went on to kill my character, i then reloaded and repeated the same thing to see if i could reproduce the bug with i could not, However i now automatically die shortly after killing Phlydia both outside the inn and inside seemingly from nothing.

@elminster @marrowj
    Couldn't this be due to angering Tethoril? If I remember things correctly from the good old days, he tends to oneshot you with a lightning strike that you don't see coming. He is running around out there in the grounds.

I had thought of that but he doesn't normally leave the inner walls.
    elminster said:

Sed said:

marrowj said:

@elminster @marrowj

True, but if you kill Phlydia near the gate opening from a distance, he will see it if he happens to pass by that very instant. That would also make it hard to reproduce if you don't know what you're looking for :-)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's Gorion, actually. He lightnings you if you attack anyone while outside in Candlekeep.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    so much for the good of the both fathers ...
    edited October 2013
    Dee said:

It's Gorion, actually. He lightnings you if you attack anyone while outside in Candlekeep.

Doesn't he have to be within the line of sight of charname? (or at least the line of sight of charname when he initially starts casting) I haven't been hit by him without that being the case.
    I could be mistaken, but my understanding was that his spell is scripted to target the Charname, no matter where you are on the map.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2013
    Dee said:

I could be mistaken, but my understanding was that his spell is scripted to target the Charname, no matter where you are on the map.

Makes sense. As a high level wizard who has taken on the duty of educating a Bhaalspawn, it would make sense for Gorion to have researched and prepared a unique "big-red-button-with-a-mushroom-cloud-picture-on-it" spell. Just in case.
    Nope, just tried, and it's Tethoril that has the one-shot-lightning strike, even if he tries to melee you at first. It has no cast time (unline Gorions Lightning bolt), and you never see what hits you as you insta-die.

Also I noticed that the issue with scrolling left has returned. I'll dig into that one a bit more.
  • Vermicious_KnidVermicious_Knid Member Posts: 4
    Seven months tomorrow since the last update.
  • Vermicious_KnidVermicious_Knid Member Posts: 4
    Six months ... dolp
    edited October 2013
    Sed said:

elminster said:

Sed said:

marrowj said:

@elminster @marrowj

True, but if you kill Phlydia near the gate opening from a distance, he will see it if he happens to pass by that very instant. That would also make it hard to reproduce if you don't know what you're looking for :-)
    Tethtoril used to hit you with a lightning strike but apparently thats not showing at the moment. In any case as I've already pointed out marrowj should make a seperate thread if he/she wants to discuss this because this thread doesn't have anything to do with this issue.
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    I am fairly certain Tethoril had nothing to do with it, however as i could not reproduce the problem after restarting the game it was probably my computer witch was at fault, so no need for further discussion.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    631 / 721, hooray! XD
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    87.5% complete.

Just a few more and we can finally start the next phase.
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Flashburn said:

87.5% complete.

Erm, whats the next phase?
    Shar said:

Flashburn said:

87.5% complete.

Presumably they open up the beta for BGEE owners (that own the game through Beamdog) to test multiplayer.
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    elminster said:

Shar said:

Flashburn said:

87.5% complete.

Presumably they open up the beta for BGEE owners (that own the game through Beamdog) to test multiplayer.
    The beta already IS open.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Well you have to ask first....
    Padenton said:

elminster said:

Shar said:

Flashburn said:

87.5% complete.

The beta already IS open.
    You need approval at the moment to have it so its like quasi-open.
    The only people we're turning away at this point are people who don't tell us what platform they're playing on, and people who haven't bought the game through Beamdog.com.
  • Balthasa1983Balthasa1983 Member Posts: 2
    That is not true! I gave u all relevant information , but i never got an answer. 2 times tried.
    What did you say in your email? Did you specify the same platform that you purchased? Did you provide your Beamdog account's email address? (And did you purchase through Beamdog.com or through Steam?)

I hate to be strict about this, but when there are sixty emails, anything that doesn't follow the format means extra steps that take time away from testing.
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Itomon said:

sounds opened enough.
    I must confess I'm more like enjoying the game than testing stuff

Yeah i might be a bit selfish but that's the reason i didn't apply for beta. I wanna make myself a pot of tea get the patch sit back and hack them goblins in my own leisure. Not very cool or decent, i know...
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Itomon said:

- I am super happy to be part of it! Good job you all (testes, devs, hamsters, rangers and everybody!)!!

Rejoice!!
This discussion has been closed.