Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG2EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    ajwz said:

jhneoh said:

What's this Vagrant Blades group in the amphitheatre?

When I went there with Rasaad, all that happened was a guy showed up and started talking, and directed us to the temple.

In the bottom right corner-ish area. There is a narrow path through the trees to the south of the amphitheatre itself
    Ahh, thanks so much! Looks like I'll have to go back and deliver some butt-kicking.
  • notbatmannotbatman Member Posts: 11
    Where is "korkorran's cowl"?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @LiamEsler has said that Korkarran's Cowl is cut content in this thread here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24531/better-cloak-of-dragomir-hexxat-spoilers#latest

It's being removed next patch
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Corvino said:

@LiamEsler has said that Korkarran's Cowl is cut content in this thread here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24531/better-cloak-of-dragomir-hexxat-spoilers#latest

It's being removed next patch

Quick someone save the file for usage in BG2EE unfinished business :p
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    sorry could you pls elaborate on this All magic items available in BG:EE can be imported into BG2:EE and can thus be considered new items. They will be taken away in the opening cutscene however, unless exploits are used.
    Update: It seems like some of the new items cannot currently be transferred across this way?

Does this mean that all the BG EE items in the BG EE database are available in the BG2 EE database and i can add them via shadowkeeper?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    It probably means that many items are present in both games, but not all (hence the "some items can't be transferred" thing). Honestly though, there are very few items even worth porting over. Cloak of Balduran, I guess. That's about it.
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    Do we have CLUAConsole codes for new items yet? I wanna check em out in game!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'll add em at some point, but prbably only after I'm sure about which ones are actually included in the game. They are all nicely labelled with OHx prefixes where x is either r n d or h corresponding to which of the new NPC's quest lines it appears in.
    Thanks!
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited November 2013
    mylegbig said:

So much for my hopes for a new long bow and katana...

I apologize for the brief delay; work and real life sometimes get in the way of my games. Against my better judgement--I normally do not upload my mods/fixes for other people while also not downloading/using the ones made by others--I have a long bow that just may interest you.

Long Bow: Breath of the Five Masters

Centuries ago while Myth Drannor was at the height of its glory, a human fighter named Zedar Mathyson had earned a reputation in the region around the city of Old Phlan, located on the northern shore of the Moonsea, as being an archer of exceptional skill. His father had been a poor farmer and the only legacy he had to pass to his son was his old bow, with which the boy practiced daily. Some stories told about Zedar's skill with a bow claimed that he could shoot through the eyeslits of helmets at 100 paces, that he could put an arrow through a ring tossed into the air, that he could target a man's vital organs to kill more efficiently, and even wild claims that he could plug his ears with cotton and wear a blindfold but still shoot targets that he could neither see nor hear. Although Zedar himself never boasted of his skill, an official from Old Phlan who was visiting Myth Drannor bragged that the human archer could outshoot any elf. When this boast reached the ears of Korinaznadir, an overly-proud and haughty elven bowmaster from famed Myth Drannor, the elf knew that he needed to teach this upstart human proper respect for the skill and grace of the elves. The challenge was sent and the City of Phlan begged Zedar to accept, which he reluctantly did.
    As was to be expected, Korinaznadir defeated Zedar but the victory was not as effortless as the elf had expected it to be. His pride at being the victor and his humiliation at not winning every event caused him to verbally berate the human, insulting his name, his lineage, his heritage, and even the ground upon which he stood. Finally, in the heat of his anger, Korinaznadir took the old bow, broke it over his knee, then spat on the pieces. Dejected, Zedar took the broken bow and walked away silently. He retreated into seclusion and spent the next decade perfecting his skill beyond what it had been before, putting his very soul into honing his skill as well as crafting a series of new longbows, each better than the one before it.
    When he knew he was ready, Zedar returned to Myth Drannor to challenge Korinanadir once more. The contest went much differently this time but instead of winning every event Zedar only matched the elf's skill, purposely ending each round in a tie. The now-enraged Korinaznadir demanded that he be declared the victor to which Zedar calmly replied, "You are the victor--you taught me how to become a better archer." whereupon he knelt and offered the elf the bow he had spent so long creating.
    Humbled back to his senses, Korinaznadir embraced Zedar as his brother and offered him a position teaching archery to the young elves. On his deathbed, Zedar's dying breath went into the bow, which became a prize earned at a contest held every 50 years...but the winner did not receive the bow, only the honor of passing it on to the second-place finisher, serving as a reminder to all that the goal is to become better, not the best. Each owner of the bow holds it at the moment of his own death, allowing the bow to capture traces of his spirit and enhancing its legacy.

The Breath of the Five Masters seems, at first, to resist your attempts to draw the bowstring but after only a minute or two it relaxes and you are able to draw it with ease. Curiously, the bow seems to adjust your stance and your posture, you can feel it adjust your aim slightly, and--you only just noticed this--your breathing while using the bow is both deeper and more regular. The overall effect is one of harmony with the weapon.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 1d6 missile
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency Type: Longbow
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires:
    6 Strength

Weight: 2

As for its real in-game effects...well, you'll see them soon enough upon using it.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Blah I can open up the Zip!

But @dee came through about the new bows! I hope for some +5 arrow for my future archer!
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Can't open up the zip on my iphone sorry. Excited!
    I lack the technical expertise to upload files for iOS--even my skill and knowledge has limits.

I don't recall any +5 arrows in the game; the most heavily-enchanted ones I recall are +3. I know IWD2 had some....
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    +5 arrows exist, in low amounts and not till ToB

+5 arrows exist, in low amounts and not till ToB

Where? I haven't seen them, ever. A new addition with the EE?
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2013
    Agree with @mylegbig and wanted to say that too, just waited a bit, until it became sure. Can't we just get Hindo's Doom to be a +5 weapon? Not a big change, not game changer and Foebane would sill kick that sword's ass, but it would feel soooooo good to have a +5 katana finally!
    And also longbows, it would be really nice to have a decent high end piece of the most popular of ranged weapons :/ Or just +4 arrows?

Edit: on arrows: I don't really remember well, but according to other BG2 resource sites there are only +3 arrows and even those are only in ToB.
    Senash said:

Can't we just get Hindo's Doom to be a +5 weapon?

"Tee hee! Hindo's Doom! Can you say it? Hindo's DOOOOOM..."
    Senash said:

And also longbows, it would be really nice to have a decent high end piece of the most popular of ranged weapons :/ Or just +4 arrows?

I just took care of this a few posts back.

@Mathsorcerer: What does your bow do? Or is it just a vanilla Longbow+5, i.e. worse than Taralash?

The arrows are the real problem anyway. The bow enchantment doesn't really matter.
    No, it definitely isn't a generic, run-of-the-mill longbow +5; it has a couple of highly useful effects tied to it. If you don't like it then you don't like it--I won't take it personally--and then it uninstalls quite easily.
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    Can you actually get the brass blade in game or is it a black pits item or something? Not the greatest weapon ever, but it's still a decent end game longsword from the description.
    If The Brass Blade is in the actual game and not BP, it's one of the best weapons in the game, certainly the best longsword. 1d8+5+10 is 19.5 average damage, on par with Flail of Ages+5. Not very useful against fire/elemental resistant enemies, but amazing against anything else.
    edited November 2013
    I just checked the Brass Blade out ingame. It's a +5 Bastard Sword, not a long sword, and the new holder of highest damage one-hander in the game. Compare:

FoA: 1d6+6+10 elemental
    17-22, avg. 19.5
    TBB: 2d4+5+10 fire
    17-23, avg. 20

all I can say is WOW!!!

The item code is "ohdsw3" which indicates it should come from Dorn's quest.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    Probably a ToB weapon!
    @Dee
    Since this thread is now in the BG2:EE discussion forum, it might be an idea to move this thread
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8110/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg-ee-spoilers/ to the BG:EE discussion forum, although I wonder of both threads wouldn't fit better in the strategies sub forum
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    anyone found a potion bag yet?
    You can buy one immediately from ch2 from the merchant at the top of watchers keep. You don't even need to pick up the wardstones.
    This is not a new addition
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    re: Cloak of Atonement. I sold the one I got so I may be mistaken, but I thought the description said that it drained 1 point of constitution for 1 day. Anyone still have their cloak able to confirm?
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    re: Eyes of the Beholder. It doesn't seem to have an alignment restriction, Dorn is able to wear it. Also, the description shows the ability to "Control/Paralyze/Fear" with no discussion of the effect being random- is the randomness how it's implemented?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited November 2013
    I kinda dislike that brass blade.
    Talk about a boring item... they could have make it deal a random amount of damage, it could have had additional effects, it could have had insteresting X/day abilities, but...no.

+10 fire damage, fire resistance, fireball... Weeeee
    nsr said:

re: Eyes of the Beholder. It doesn't seem to have an alignment restriction, Dorn is able to wear it. Also, the description shows the ability to "Control/Paralyze/Fear" with no discussion of the effect being random- is the randomness how it's implemented?

You are definitely right about this one. I have changed the description. I'll wait for confirmation on the cloak of atonement.