Skip to content

BGII:EE 1.2.2030 (11-20-2013)

Comments

• AthrogateAthrogate Member Posts: 8
    Jalily said:

@Athrogate @Altair @callimachus

Try deleting 783.beam and 783.status and running the launcher or client again.

@xzar_monty @callimachus

The version is displayed when you load a game and then visit Options. Load a ToB or TBP2 game to get a clear look at the number.

Thank you for your help. I was able to start the update again by simply rebooting my computer:) It never fails to fix stuff! Game have not crashed since update. I've played 15-20 hours. Good game:)
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Any news on the Stand-alone installer for BG II: EE?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What sort of news are you looking for? The stand-alone installer has been available for a couple of weeks now. You can download it from the game's store page.
  • jamessh1jamessh1 Member Posts: 7
    Any news on the iOS release?
    Dee said:

What sort of news are you looking for? The stand-alone installer has been available for a couple of weeks now. You can download it from the game's store page.

Seriously? where? I can only find the beamdog thing.

• ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32
    @Dordledum Are you logged in?
    edited November 2013
    sorry, I'm a bit of a digibetic. logged in to what?
    http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows

If you're logged into Beamdog, you'll see a big orange button "Install Now" above the screenshots.
    edited November 2013
    ahhh.... Now I see it. That wasn't there on Nov 15th.
    That is just a download link.
    thank you (feeling a bit stupid now, waiting 10 days for nothing).
    Sure thing. Have fun! :)
  • hi! do i have to have steam or the beamdog client to install the patch? i can't find it otherwise.
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    @ dirzztoverlord666
    As much as i am aware of it,steam didn't get the patch so far.
    So if you use the beamdog client it should probatly be there.
  • MujuroMujuro Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Scratch my previous comment, I'm an idiot. :P
  • Mermidion said:

@ dirzztoverlord666
    As much as i am aware of it,steam didn't get the patch so far.
    So if you use the beamdog client it should probatly be there.

i installed the game using the stand-alone installer. it does not give me a choice to download the patch.

after i installed the beamdog client to find the patch it just gave me a choice to redownload the game, no sign of the patch there either :(
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Multiplayer is still a lot more ropey for bg2 than bg1 any news on any fixes? Or upcoming patches that will remedy this?
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40

i installed the game using the stand-alone installer. it does not give me a choice to download the patch.

after i installed the beamdog client to find the patch it just gave me a choice to redownload the game, no sign of the patch there either :(

If you installed the game after the patch came out, then it automatically installed the latest version, so it's already up-to-date. No need to patch.
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    Dee said:

That's correct. When we push an update, we push it to the live "store" version for Windows, Mac, and Steam (and AppStore, though that takes a little longer). If you want to send me an email (dpennyway@beamdog.com) I can have someone look at updating the press version as well.

Thanks for the update! <3
  • WebDrakeWebDrake Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2013
    Dee said:

#7032: Neera's "Wooden Horse Necklace" is now properly treated as a magical protection item.

What, you mean not wearable with any magical armour, etc.? Boo hiss. I rather liked the fact that it was exceptional.

Its exceptionality went very well with the fact that it was a gift from a child with unusual magical powers.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2013
    What about weapon mastery? The problem was related to pip number 3-4-5? Will it automatically recalc the bonuses or we need to start a new game for them to take effect?

p.s: my charname is a Berz/mage dual-class. He reached grandmastery in quarterstaff when he was berz lvl 9, and then i dual classed to mage. Now I installed the patch, will the correct bonuses be applied when my mage reaches lvl 10 and regain the previous class?
    Post edited by Saradas on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Saradas said:

What about weapon mastery? The problem was related to pip number 3-4-5? Will it automatically recalc the bonuses or we need to start a new game for them to take effect?

p.s: my charname is a Berz/mage dual-class. He reached grandmastery in quarterstaff when he was berz lvl 9, and then i dual classed to mage. Now I installed the patch, will the correct bonuses be applied when my mage reaches lvl 10 and regain the previous class?

Yes, the change to proficiency bonuses should be applied immediately.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited November 2013
    I'm wanting to buy BG:EE 2, but I don't know if I can trust in the product. I bought BG:EE 1 before its release, and I got a buch of deception in this last year. With the last patch everything is nice, and the game is sweet as always... But I don't know if I can trust BG:EE 2 yet.

Is this version viable to play, or is it bugged as hell? Is it worthwile to purchase it now, or would it be safer to wait some patches?
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    I don't think there are any more playthrough-destroying megabugs now. So you can go ahead, buy it and start playing. Although I'm not sure if the "party member constantly playing his selection dialogue as if he's being selected" bug is fixed.

Also, I'm not sure if the party members still play their selection dialogue over their voice overs.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Vitor said:

Is this version viable to play, or is it bugged as hell? Is it worthwile to purchase it now, or would it be safer to wait some patches?

@Vitor here is an up to date thread listing all the reported outstanding bugs:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26099/the-consolidated-reported-issues-thread-please-read-before-posting-spoiler-warning#latest

I am finding the game very playable (I have run across very few bugs, and none of them game breaking), but you can take a look at the bug list and decide for yourself.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    I hope that the Ipad version is gonna be this 1.2.2030 and not the earlier one. Any ETA?
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    soooooooo. Can someone of the Developers please kick the people at steam? i mean it has been around 3 weeks and not a word about when this patch is coming to steam. i get the impression that they have just forgotten all about it -.-

Edit: also i might be wrong since i can't see any version number in game. but so far i didn't saw steam patching the game in the past couple of weeks.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Kinda ridiculous... I'm not sure if that was in the original BG2 game. Anomen has 2 weapon profs in spears, but he cannot use spears at all, due to his cleric class.
    Is it a bug or a mistake?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    DarkDogg said:

Kinda ridiculous... I'm not sure if that was in the original BG2 game. Anomen has 2 weapon profs in spears, but he cannot use spears at all, due to his cleric class.
    Is it a bug or a mistake?

Neither, it has been done on purpose (and besides it is very easy to change by modding your game if you don't agree with this particular decision):

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5455&view=findpost&p=51680
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Wutz? I never realized Ano(men) had points in spear, what a useless thing :/ That is one of the things that should have been changed in the EE to Staff.
This discussion has been closed.