Skip to content

[Known 6985] Sound issue with male Default, and [Known 6241] Final Save issue when importing

PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Two bugs I've just found here, having imported a game from BG EE to BG2 EE. I started a new game in the latter using a character imported from the former's Final Save file.

1. The Final Save is loadable as a save game from the menu. Attempting to do so however crashes the game. The log for this is attached.

2. I selected the Default male sound, but this does not produce any actual sound from the character. Subtitles appear in the action bar as though the character is responding, and selecting any other sound file (including Male 5, which is the default one) causes it to work as normal. I'm not sure why the Default selection alone however is soundless.

Neither of these are gamebreaking as 1. should merely not be possible within the save menu and 2. has an obvious workaround, but it still seems worth noting them.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @PawnSlayer, second issue has already been logged. :-)

As for the first issue, a crash should not be occurring at that point. Can you please attach your Final-Save?
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Ah shoot, I checked the "Already reported issues" log and couldn't see it. Must have missed it, apologies! Final save attached. No mods used in EE, though I did use EE Keeper to modify my stats slightly for my main character (I always assume a natural roll on start up of 96 since I got one of those legitimately, but modified to get that this time, and again when I realised I'd got two stats wrong the first time). BG 2 EE only has Unfinished Business installed.

In order to get the character file, I created a "save" folder in the BG 2 EE documents folder and copied this save file into it (it was the first time I'd loaded the game so no save folder existed by default).
    @PawnSlayer,

Ah, okay. I just took a look at your Final-Save. The reason why you cannot load the game is because the BG:EE area (or items) does not exist in BG2:EE. You would need to import a character from that save game rather than trying to load it directly. I think this issue, or similar issue, has already been noted internally.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Yeah, I was able to do that and get my character from it in to BG2 EE. I'm just surprised that the save game then appears in the list of loadable saves in BG2 EE, which I don't remember seeing happen when importing that way into vanilla BG2.
    @PawnSlayer, this could, potentially, be due to the fact that both the Enhanced Editions use the same/very similar engine. Save game structures are the same. After copying the BG:EE save game to vanilla BG2, I can confirm that it gets the same result (complete with crash/hang). You can let us know if this is still and issue after the next game update. :-)