Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

Did you know that the Candlekeep library has a kitchen. Apparently readers there are so hardcore about staying in the library to read that they won't even go to Winthrop's for something to eat. :)

Winthrop's isn't clean enough for them.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Nimran said:

elminster said:

Did you know that the Candlekeep library has a kitchen. Apparently readers there are so hardcore about staying in the library to read that they won't even go to Winthrop's for something to eat. :)

Does winthrop even have a kitchen?
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Nimran said:

wubble said:

Nimran said:

elminster said:

He has a pocket plane where everything is just kitchen tools.

And customized helmets for every race and size. :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Nimran said:

wubble said:

Nimran said:

elminster said:

Plus customized armor for every race and size. Its amazing how the exact same chainmail fits on both a halfling and a half orc :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    elminster said:

Nimran said:

wubble said:

Nimran said:

elminster said:

Plus customized armor for every race and size. Its amazing how the exact same chainmail fits on both a halfling and a half orc :)
    That is simple... Magic... Kind of @elminter's specialty actually :)
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Did you know that cure spells have no effects on undead. I learned this by a mass cure by nymph in my current run in Icewind dale.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    In Sword Coast Strategems, Desharik is a nice source of potions. Kill him when you're stealing his ship (you can actually escape without attacking him) and he may drop some excellent potions.

The wolfweres in the Windspear Hills outside of Firkraag's lair also drop a bunch of potions automatically when they change form. And if you lure some Shadows into the Sun Gem room in the Temple Ruins, they will automatically die, and therefore drop some good potions they otherwise would have used at the start of combat.
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81

CrevsDaak said:

Good luck that you've found a cut version of the other image, because, PG-13 forum rules.

I know this post is around a year old now but I'm just making my way through the thread and lots of fun and interesting stuff to read. I just saw this it was surprising to me to see the model Viconia's portrait was based off as I had always thought/wondered before if it had been inspired at least a little by Jeri Ryan of Seven-of-Nine fame from Star Trek: Voyager. Guess I was definitely wrong, but great to see the original inspiration for Viccy BG2 look :smile: .
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    As cool as that is, the change in portraits is pretty jarring for Viconia. The BG2 V looks nothing like the BG1 version.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Grum said:

As cool as that is, the change in portraits is pretty jarring for Viconia. The BG2 V looks nothing like the BG1 version.

Which is fine, because her BG2 portrait is better anyway.

#shotsfired #run
    Agreed, but only because the BG1 portrait wasn't that of a drow. :P
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    Did you know that Tyr is actually a plagiarized Nordic god of justice... Tyr? And Kezef is based on Fenerir. And Tyr sacrificed his hand to Fenerir, too.
    Both BG1 (one of Rieltar's letters) and BG2 reference the Sythillisian uprising/war. Even though it actually canonically didn't start until 1370.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Another mythological reference is Selune, which seems to be a reference to Selene, the moon goddess from Greek mythology. That one's obvious enough.
    edited June 2015
    Did you know that Alaundo had many prophecies regarding the Bhaalspawn. The specifics of which are not really presented vocally :)