Skip to content

Class proficiencies mod

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
edited January 2014 in iPad (Archive)
Would anyone be interested in a modified proficiency chart that is not "core-rules" friendly, but at least is intuitive. Since it is a simple drop in the protraits folder, no need to package it up at all (just a 2da file).

Anyway, if you are hard core rules abider, then ignore this. If not, I'll take any suggestions. I have always felt that proficiencies were boring in that it was so standard across the board. Fighter 5, pally and ranger 2 and the rest 1. Given the unnerfed changes, I thought that adding some creativity would be in order.

0 slot: -1 to hit, -1 to damage
1 slot: none
2 slots: +1 to hit, +2 to damage, an extra half attack per round (for warriors only).
3 slots: +3 to hit, +3 to damage, an extra half attack per round (for warriors only).
4 slots: +3 to hit, +4 to damage, an extra half attack per round (for Fighters only), -1 to Speed Factor.
5 slots: +3 to hit, +5 to damage, one extra attack per round (for Fighters only), -3 to Speed Factor.

So, given the current chart, and that only fighter types can get the extra attack bonus, I think expanding the chart for classes and kits would allow much more variability and versatility. Those two factors make games more fun, not less.

So, here is pretty much what I am proposing.
Mage: 1 point in mage weapons, 2 points in darts, no points in styles
Fighter: Max in all weapons and styles
Cleric: 2 points in all cleric weapons, 1 point in all styles
Thief: 2 points in daggers, scimitars, short swords and short bow, 1 point in all styles, 2 points in DW
Bard: 1 point in all weapons and styles, 2 points in ccrossbow, 2 points in single weapon
Paladin: 3 points in big weapons (Bastard Sword, Long Sword, Axe, 2 Handed Sword, Warhammer, Club, Spear, Halbard, Flail, Mace) 2 points in other melee weapons and ranged and full styles
Druid: 2 points in all Druid melee weapons, and they can use shortbows (1 point)
Ranger: 3 points in 1 handed bladed weapons (longsword, short sword, axe, katana, scimitar, dagger) 2 points in other melee weapons, 3 pointsin long bows and short bows and full styles

For those interested or who just want to throw ideas in, does that look like a decent balance? Basically, it gives classes that are "reknown" for using certain types of weapons the ability to hit a bit harder with them. It also still allows fighters the biggest advantage (4 and 5 slots) which gives a cumulative +2 to damage and 1/2 of an attack over paladins and rangers and a full attack over clerics and thieves in addition to the benefit of having 18/00 strength. It also separates Paladin and Ranger weapons a bit and gives the ability to focus more.

I am also working on adjusting for MC and kits (basically a MC fighter will be able to get 4 pips) as well as other changes.