Skip to content

Stupidest things you have done in Baldur's Gate

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Archaos said:

What people seem to miss is that the NwN games, with the exception of MotB, never tried to focus on their campaigns too much.

They are the Minecraft of RPGs. The main campaigns are not as important as the ability to make your own adventures and worlds with a toolset and play online on roleplaying servers.

I agree, and feel that, in this aim, NwN surpassed it's sequel. Yes, NwN2's camera was worse, but more importantly, the toolset lacked the usability and accessibility of it's predecessor. This made creating modules much more difficult, killing a lot of potentially great ideas on the ground floor, in my estimation.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @jackjack I agree and... disagree. The NwN2 toolset is indeed less usable than the NwN1. But it also is superior and far more powerful.

For example the creator of the BG remake, said that he tried to remake Candlekeep but gave up because the toolset is very limited.

So basically it's like:
    NwN1 toolset: Easy but not powerful
    NwN2 toolset: Very complex and much more powerful

And I heard that the Dragon Age toolset is even more difficult to work with than the NwN2 one.
  • His_DudenessHis_Dudeness Member Posts: 3
    Killing Drizzt with cheese in BG1, with my good-alignment party.
    Then meeting him up again in BG2, and Drizzt is all like :
    "Do I know you?"
    Then I need to explain why I killed him, that I've changed, blablabla, etc. and then enlist him to kill Bodhi.
    Awkward.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    First time I played BG , I tried dualing a Paladin/Bard...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

DJKajuru said:

Why would you want to waste time as a paladin before becoming a bard?
    Yeah, probably the dumbest thing on this thread :p
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

DJKajuru said:

Why would you want to waste time as a paladin before becoming a bard?
    I'd be the noblest of scoundrels!
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Installing the Undead Solaufein component of the Solaufein mod. My God I regretted that moment of madness

If you mean the stuff with Bodhi then GOD YES. I remember being unable to touch him because of PFMW, being unable to Breach him because of Improved Invisibility, and Viconia's True Seeing not working just because. I think I won by letting Drizzt take some hits from him (the guy rips through Bodhi like it's nothing, but Undead Soulaufein is way too much for him) and then using the Slayer, and I still don't understand why that worked. I'm much more skilled now than I was back then and could probably handle it, but God was it annoying.
  • GalaxialgraveGalaxialgrave Member Posts: 7

Installing the Undead Solaufein component of the Solaufein mod. My God I regretted that moment of madness

If you mean the stuff with Bodhi then GOD YES. I remember being unable to touch him because of PFMW, being unable to Breach him because of Improved Invisibility, and Viconia's True Seeing not working just because. I think I won by letting Drizzt take some hits from him (the guy rips through Bodhi like it's nothing, but Undead Soulaufein is way too much for him) and then using the Slayer, and I still don't understand why that worked. I'm much more skilled now than I was back then and could probably handle it, but God was it annoying.
    That's the one. I had to run upstairs and rest about 5 times until his effects wore off. Cowardly but I got very tired of reloading after the tenth time.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

I've always played a lot of Baldur's Gate multiplayer by myself. When you create a multiplayer game, you can make a session password. The screen says, "the session password is optional." So a long time ago, as you would expect, I used to put "optional" as the session password.

So that was the password...
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Dreadkhan that is what I use them for. :p