Skip to content

Stupidest things you have done in Baldur's Gate

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Anduin said:

I used to suffer from potion, scroll, arrow, bolt and wand saving. But now I just blow the lot, when I get it, as I get it. Makes for a very different game.

Saying that. I still end up with tons of wand of fears and potions of master thievery.

I second the wand of fear, but I never have enough potion of thievery :/
  • AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
    I remember playing BG1 after NWN and I was used to the D&D 3.0 ruleset, not 2.0 (on which BG1 and 2 were running). because of this I didn't pay too much mind to my stats... I just rolled once, spred my point among all stats and started playing... man was I surprised when I couldn't hit anything and I was hit by everything... then I went online, did some research and started a new game... I can't even imagine trying to finish the game with the stats I first started with :)))
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Getting lazy and thinking I could kill everything with Protection From Evil 10' Radius and Gate. Not only did the Pit Fiend fail at some embarrassing moments (lost to an Earth Elemental 1 on 1? The hell?), but I wasn't getting any XP for its kills. Ugh.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, Gate is crap. Pit Fiends are supposed to be pretty beefy, with lots of magic. Wth developers!
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    DreadKhan said:

Yeah, Gate is crap. Pit Fiends are supposed to be pretty beefy, with lots of magic. Wth developers!

It's good at wearing down enemies that rely primarily on magic, I think. Just look at how much trouble vanilla Liches get into when their Pit Fiends turn on them. Of course, I figure if you have a Gate spell ready for that purpose, your cleric could just as easily Firestorm to take down mages just as easily, and get the XP for yourself.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Pit fiends in ToB kick butt; they just aren't very good against enemy fighters.
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    Buffing up with tons of potions and scrolls before I go take on Daveorn with SCS, realising I havn't rested since the Wyvern cave and hopping upstairs to take a quick nap. As soon as I wake from an 8 hour rest and tap Q I realise "Doh! All my buffs have worn off!"
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think the stupidest thing I ever did was screw up Sun Soulray...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    elminster said:

I'm soloing the game with 1 reputation as a shadowdancer.

The stupid thing I did? Not buying the Dagger of Venom and Shadow Armor before doing so. The combined price of both of them is around 290,000 at present.

Also I'm chaotic evil aligned (I'm basically playing a murderous psycho)

With a character like that, one should wish CHARNAME could take all the items from the dead body of a shopkeeper. Creepy!
    demented said:

Going into Bodhi's lair (the first time) without a single restoration scroll or spell. That was ignorance more than stupidity. The stupid part was deciding to continue on. Thinking that a party consisting of level 5 characters could take down an entire vampire nest. I reloaded so many times that day.

Before Baldur's Gate I played Never Winter Nights, where you could converse with non-aggressive animals. So I thought the same would apply in BG and I had Kivan go up to random animals and try to initiate conversation.

I imagine people found it strange when Kivan would shout at a cat "Why won't you talk to me".

Animal empathy is cool, but not the most powerful ability...

How did you get lvl 5 characters in BG2??
    That'll happen. Much obliged, lol
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    Trying to cast magic missile at some gnolls in High Hedge with Neera, wild surging and summoning a Nabassu instead. On a second level party.

TPK three seconds.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    wubble said:

CoryNewb said:

This one time I didn't have minsc in my party :(

SIN!!!!
    It was a poor choice in hindsight.