Skip to content

My constitution has reduced

danushenkodanushenko Member Posts: 8
Hi there. Recently get this game on iPad. Playing shadow of Amn. Half elf, Beast Master, Chaotic good. By the beginning of the game, my constitution began to reduce, marked with the red color. Now it is only 1. I don't have any curse, charm, cursed items etc. What is the reason of it? Thanks

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2014
    No, your character hasn't contracted a horrible wasting disease from a lady of the night in Athkathla :-)

You let your familiar die, I guess. When a familiar dies you suffer -1 constitution permanently. Yup, mage spell description says it all. Familiars are not there for battle, they are for their special abilities and hit point bonuses.

There is no way to fix this other than a save game editor like eekeeper. You must use ifunbox to transfer tour save game to pc and edit there and put the edited save game back to Ipad.

Failing that, there is a belt in Unseen eye quest's boss which sets con to 18 dor 8 hours. There are potions of fortitude that sets it to 18 for a short time as well.

If your familiar dies again, you will die too. Talk to your familiar and offer it to hide in your backpack.

Tip:post topics about gameplay in General forum, you will get more answers quickly, post here for only Ipad spesific questions.
    JuliusBorisovPibaro
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Totally agree with @lunar‌ but @danushenko‌ is playing a beast master. Can he cast a familiar?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Pibaro said:

Totally agree with @lunar‌ but @danushenko‌ is playing a beast master. Can he cast a familiar?

It's one of their class features.
    lunarPibaro
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2014
    Beastmaster is the only class kit that can summon a familiar without being an arcane caster. (Well thieves get to summon one eventually via use any item too) It is one of their advantages. Since it is used as a special ability I guess the original poster never got a chance to read the spell's description. In the mage book description it clearly and boldly states you lose 1 con permanently if you let your familiar die. I think the poster just used the familiar as a cheap summon in battles all the time and it got killed repeatedly.
    LoubPibaro