New Beamdog AMA

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    just got back to my flat

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    SO MUCH READING
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2014
    @wubble: I'll save you the trouble. (Oh, hey, that rhymes! Fun times!)

They're working on Adventure Y, which may or may not be an expansion that may or may not bridge the gap between BG1 and BG2. BG2:EE patch: maybe 2014, maybe not. IWD:EE upgrades will eventually, someday, somewhen, be backported to the BG games. Mark Meer is Baeloth. Edmonton is cold.

You are now caught up. :)
    @ shawne thanks, it's too late in the evening to read all of that
    It's mostly just dozens of people asking whether they're going to do an Enhanced Edition to "Planescape: Torment". To which the answer is - wait for it - "maybe".
    figured it would be, they do these to drum up publicity and to see if there's something that people really want them to do
    edited November 2014
    wubble said:

figured it would be, they do these to drum up publicity and to see if there's something that people really want them to do

Drumming up publicity tends to work best when you have something to drum up publicity for, though. By their own admission, they've got about as much to show for their hard work at the moment as a graverobber at a crematorium.

And, I mean... IWD2, PS:T. That's a very short wish list, and it's been brought out in practically every interview, Twitter exchange and forum since BG:EE was announced. 3E rules, different engine, complicated, maybe, etc. etc. etc.
    Cuv said:

You forgot that I like surfing and taking long walks on the beach :)

Shouldn't that be "I might like surfing, and I'm thinking about taking long walks on the beach someday"? :P

@shawne‌
    Dude, if I ever go back to school, can I borrow your notes?
    (I'm 64 - I don't have a lot of time to waste!) ;-)

Just do like Beamdog and copy-paste the same vague answers for two years straight. Voila, instant diploma. :)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I enjoyed it.

Had to resist asking a question already asked...

Or if they would put a mummie into the new game... I did it. It is still ongoing... But bed for me now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I wish I could figure out why I keep doing this to myself. I mean, Beamdog is what it is, they can't/won't/don't want to do better, but every time they make a poor decision like faking a stat counter for a beta test or running a 500+ comment reddit thread when they have nothing of value to say, I end up channeling Tyra Banks all over again.

I just don't get it.
    @typo_tilly: I think what I wanted to hear was some reason - any reason, really - to think they might be worth trusting again. But comparing this AMA to the one from two years ago and seeing how little has changed got me all riled up again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    That I still have any expectations of Beamdog at all at this point is the real surprise, I suppose. *shrug*
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2014
    That was incredibly disappointing, I really thought there would at least be something relevant in here

essentially all that did was not tell me anything, and get me pissed of again that they added Hexxat to the game.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    shawne said:

@typo_tilly: I think what I wanted to hear was some reason - any reason, really - to think they might be worth trusting again.

(It's probably folly for me to get caught up in this, but here we go) IWD:EE. There's your one reason.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

P.S. I also thank all those people who asked them questions, including the ones that were in this thread so that even while I couldn't participate in the AMA because of the different time zones and parts of the world, I still got answers on my questions.

No problem :)