Skip to content

New Beamdog AMA

13»

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    As long as the engine will then be modable (in contrast to PoE) I'm all ears.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Oh wow - Mentioning a possible Vita port?! I'm not exactly sure how I offer my soul to you will an IOU written in blood be suffice?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    This AMA was indeed interesting.
    I'm just a bit disappointed about PT:EE not confirmed yet (but I'm sure it will one day).
    I loved some info about Adventure Y (the most insightful was "Adventure Y It's the thing that comes after Adventure X").
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    i thought it was great. everything i wanted to know was answered
    they are working on adventure y, there will be a new npc beginning with gl, they would like to stay within D&D and probably the forgotten realms for future releases, they're thinking of getting the PoE engine.
    this is the sort of information i was hoping for.
    also we got a lot of insight into the inner workings of beamdog
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    typo_tilly:substances what I wanted to hear was some reason - any reason, really - to think they might be worth trusting again. But comparing this AMA to the one from two years ago and seeing how little has changed got me all riled up again.

@shawne‌ what did you ask them in the AMA? What were you expecting to hear?

I heard why BG2 was so buggy upon release and a statement that they will never let it happen again.

I heard them apologize for it.

I heard them say the patch for the game is coming, but with their new philosophy it is hard to pin point an exact release date.

I got confirmation that new kits WILL be added to the three released games.

I got conformation that they are looking at adding subraces.

These last two points means they are still adding new content to games that were released years ago.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    edited November 2014
    I really enjoyed some of those answers there from The Beamgod team :)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I got a crush on the guys when they named they would gladly make a game in the Dragonlance world :P
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    For those interested, the AMA is live again:)
    i noticed
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @dreamrider Okay, yes.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    meagloth said:

shawne said:

@typo_tilly: I think what I wanted to hear was some reason - any reason, really - to think they might be worth trusting again.

(It's probably folly for me to get caught up in this, but here we go) IWD:EE. There's your one reason.
    Holding up the game to which they've contributed the least as the one where they've succeeded the most is... problematic.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Since you ignored this, I'll attempt to ask it again:

@shawne‌ what did you ask them in the AMA? What were you expecting to hear?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2014
    BGLover said:

Please don't seek to extend your own experiences and views of Beamdog and their games as an 'absolute truth'. It isn't.

Uh... no. The condition of BG2:EE isn't in dispute. If you're able to enjoy it despite that? More power to you. But this isn't a contest of opinions.
    shawne said:

BGLover said:

Please don't seek to extend your own experiences and views of Beamdog and their games as an 'absolute truth'. It isn't.

Uh... no. The condition of BG2:EE isn't in dispute. If you're able to enjoy it despite that? More power to you. But this isn't a contest of opinions.
    While i agree that Beamdog cocked up a bit the enhanced editions have not only improved the games they've brought Baldur's gate to a new generation, they've allowed old players to play the games without nearly as much hassle, they've made the infinity engine more accessible to modders and they've collected a huge number of modders in one forum making modding easier than it's ever been. Also try playing the old games on windows 8.1 if you ever get it to work it's a massive pain in the Arse. considering the amount of shit beamdog had to go through to get this far i'd say they've done an amazing job.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Cuv said:

@dreamrider Okay, yes.

Dang! I thought THAT exchange would be good for AT LEAST 2-3 more back and forths. ;-D

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

And they're still doing the AMA! This is their third day. :D

Seems like they are out of work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cmon guys : patch patch patch !!!
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    So they will (perhaps) licence the POE engine? That doesn't sound too bad. I saw what InX did with Torment, and it looks really nice. Hope the Obsidian crew will fix the combat issues, though :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    You must gather your AMA before venturing forth...