Skip to content

Question about leaving any area with 4 sides

superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
edited January 2015 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I was wondering, when you exit an area, you can exit it from North, South, East, West. Now at first I thought it didnt matter where I exited it from, that if i were to go to the World map, it would show whatever new area was connected to it, but now im not sure anymore.

Because I just left Beregost from the east side, and that opened up the Temple ( I need to return Bassilus book or w/e)

So was that just a coincidence? Or should I be making a note to leave any area using all 4 sides in order to make sure I open up the world map?

Comments

• superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    Oh ok. Thanks
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Moreover, in the BG city, there are a few sub-parts of maps which are not "easy" to reach.
    Even if all locations are revealed, you will need to take the right exits to go there.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Because I just left Beregost from the east side, and that opened up the Temple ( I need to return Bassilus book or w/e)

I don't understand what your problem is here. The temple is east of Beregost.

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Depending which way you leave to go to an area affects where you spawn in the new area iirc, or certainly did in Vanilla. Re-visiting the one coastal area I spawned at the top with a very vulnerable solo, and failed to fight my way to the east to escape. :astonished:
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Also, WHERE you arrive in an area depends on which area you arrive FROM which can be very useful if there are specific places/encounters that you want to get to quickly/avoid.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Even after an area shows up on the overmap, you may not be able to go there immediately (if the area appears pale rather than dark). You may have to try entering it from several nearby locations before you succeed. On the other hand, once you actually have entered an area, you can usually enter it again from anywhere on the overmap, although the exact spot you come in may still vary a bit.
  • gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    OT, but @Belanos , is that a Vorlon I see? I miss Babylon 5, sad day when Netflix took it down. Anyways, on topic... yeah, that North East section of Baldur's Gate proper is irritating, you gotta exit maps in particular spots to end up where you need to go.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    @gnaumiec

None other than Kosh himself. I don't have to miss it, I have the entire series on disc, including all the made for TV movies. It's my all time favourite sci-fi show, especially the first 4 seasons.