Skip to content

About Dual-classing and Weapon Proficiencies...

Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
edited March 2015 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
So how exactly does this work? If I put 2 PIPs in, say, Katanas in my first class, and then 3 PIPS in Katanas in my second class, then whenever I regain my first class' abilities back, would I then have a total of 5 PIPs in Katanas, or what? How exactly does proficiency point distribution work with dual-classing?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    You'd have 3 pips in Katana. But if you put your pips in something else, then you'd get the 2 katana ones back when you regained your original class's levels, and then you could add to them after that.
  • Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    Hmm... I think I get it. Thanks =)
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Ser_Elryk said:

If I put 2 PIPs in, say, Katanas in my first class, and then 3 PIPS in Katanas in my second class, then whenever I regain my first class' abilities back, would I then have a total of 5 PIPs in Katanas, or what?

No. You only get the highest of the two, they don't combine. So the lower value would be lost completely and you'd only end up with 3 pips.

• Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2015
    @Belanos So, you're saying to end up with the max amount of pips, I shouldn't put any pips into any prof in my second class, that I put pips into during my first class? (Until I regain first class' abilities, I mean.)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yes
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Ser_Elryk said:

@Belanos So, you're saying to end up with the max amount of pips, I shouldn't put any pips into any prof in my second class, that I put pips into during my first class? (Until I regain first class' abilities, I mean.)

Correct. When starting your second class, put your points into a secondary weapon, and don't add anything more to the weapon you focused on with your first class. You'll just be wasting points otherwise.