Skip to content

Starting my Baldur's Gate journey :)

Hi everyone! I'm Jonathan, but please call me Naty, and am playing Baldur's gate for the first time :) I bought the game for no particular reason, just felt like playing something different from the games I usually play, and the world of D&D really seems fascinating! I finished the tutorial and created my first character:
Female half elf named Naty (duh! Lol), neutral evil bard.
Strength: 10
Dexteriry: 17
Constitution: 9
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 18
Well I picked bard because I'm an artist in real life and this seems to fit my personality. Hum... I decided to play neutral evil because I refuse to be a "hero", as I'm this kind of person who tires to watch movies or read stories with the good side winning: villainy shall triumph for once and Baldur's Gate is giving me the opportunity to write my own story :)
Hum... Was not very sure what kind of weapon I should have picked, and after reading descriptions of each weapon, I went for longbow and long sword. Well I guess I'll see if it was a good choice later on :D

By the way! I'm going to update Naty's adventures so you guys can follow her evil deeds. I just can't wait! I have read any other posts or articles related to Baldur's Gate because I hate spoilers, so please do not spoil my fun :D I take pleasure from discovering, not winning ^^

Soooo right now I'm reading/listening to the intro while typing this on my cellphone. Dude, I live in a monstery... And am 20 years old apparently... Omg wonder how my evil bard's libido feels up there lol. Anyways... Ah! I have 80 gold pieces. I take a look at the map, gee there are a lot of spots to visit in here lol. And this world map is huge what the hell better start my life on the road with high heels aye? XD
I'm off, I'll do the whole map and update as soon as I'm done with it :) See you guys later... If anyone actually reads this of course hahaha!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Bard might be tough for a first time run (but at least you didn't pick monk or thief), so good luck with it! :) If you really don't want to be spoiled then just stick to this thread. We say a lot of names and stuff here. Also there is a no spoiler section in case you need help or to ask a question without being spoiled.
  • NatyTheAdventurerNatyTheAdventurer Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Well I just love the description they made of the profession "jack of all trades but master of none" sounded way too cool :) as for the tough part... Well I don't want the game to be easy ih the first place xD I don't find it funny to make things easy x)... Well, the evil path seems to be the easy path somehow, but once again, we're not on Earth in this game, and surely being evil must not be that easy. But I'll discover that later on, because right now I'm killing rats in a storehouse... =_= let's start small huh? ...
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Bards are cool if you can handle having a master-of-none style character at all times. You'll need some support. But anyhow, welcome to Baldur's Gate, and have fun.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Oh to venture forth towards the Friendly Arm Inn for the first time.

A lot of people are jealous of you at the moment.

It's been said, but needs repeating, save often.
    Q is your friend. Press him every minute.
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    Oh, man, wouldn't I like to play BG for the first time again...

Anyway, good luck on your journey. It will be a long and tough one, but incredibly fun.

A Bard for the first time may be a little challenging, but doable.

And watch out for wolves! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The tab key is your loot finding friend! Use it often and in many places... You never know what you may find...
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    Always rememeber some of the greatest wisdom I ever leared: you can run away from things.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Welcome to Baldur's Gate and welcome to the forum! :smile:

I have moved this thread to "New Players (NO SPOILERS)" since you explicitly asked for no spoilers, but people could very well miss that in their enthusiasm to offer you suggestions.

I love the way you approach the game and it seems pretty similar to me, albeit I am painfully Lawful Good. :P

There is almost nothing that you have to do to beat the game, but I think getting yourself a Thief with 100 in Find Traps is the closet thing to that. Also in BG1, the "goody-goody" approach is generally more rewarding, but if you don't care about metagaming optimal solutions, then it doesn't matter. Besides, evil companions are significantly stronger than their Good counterparts, and a evil roleplayer can get away with all sorts villainy that I cannot bring myself to do with my goody-two-shoes party.