Skip to content

Fighter\Druid (And Import to BG2:EE)

Hi Guys....Finally I have the time to start my adveture in BG1:EE I read about the dual class and i read 2 guides but i'm not still sure that I understood perfectly.. I want to Dual Class FIGHTER\DRUID...And I am going to IMPORT my character from BG1 to BG2 so....When you suggest to dual class?

I read at level 9, level 13, level 10....Please suggest me :D Thank you!

Comments

• DevilTyphoonDevilTyphoon Member Posts: 39
    Ok I read that it's good to dual class at level 10....so 10 levels of fighter and druid at level 11 or 9 levels of fighter and druid at level 10? I'm not trolling...just i have so much fear that i make a bad character..
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    If someone said "dual class at level 10," they meant 10 fighter levels. You'll have a good character either way. Just make sure it's True Neutral and has the right stats; you want a pretty high roll for a strong Fighter/Druid.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Heya, since this is your first playthrough, I recommend that you don't read too much online and run the risk of spoiling yourself, which would be a shame. If you are stuck and/or have questions, ask away as have here. There's always people happy to help. :smile:

Now then regarding your Fighter=>Druid questions...

1) More experienced veterans can correct me if I am wrong, but the recommendation for doing it at lv10 in "playithardcore" considers Charname reaching the BG2 xp-cap, which will not happen in a full-party playthrough, even a completionist one. Thus I think it is better to dual-class at lv9, when you get a new proficiency point. This allows you to get back your Fighter levels much sooner in early-BG2.

2) In my opinion, although a dual-classed Fighter=>Druid is more powerful in the long run, dual-classing is a bit of a pain for a beginner to manage, so you might just want to use a multi-class, which has benefits in the long run too. (Both Druid and Fighter HLAs).

3) FYI: There is a Fighter/Druid companion you can pick up very early in the game, she is part of the canon party for BG1, and pretty awesomely powerful in BG2, so you don't need to go Fighter/Druid yourself to have one in the party.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'm not sure I see the real logic behind the playithardcore recommendation of level 10. A 10th level dual vs. a 9th level dual is, by the endgame, going to give you one extra hit point and nothing else. Doesn't seem worth almost doubling your downtime over.

Having said that, I think dualing at 7th is roughly as good as dualing at 9th. With a dual at 7th (fighter 7 > druid x), you'll do the dual in BG1. Oddly enough, the difference xp curves in the game mean you'll take longer to regain your abilities with the 7th dual, but you'll have a completed dual (both classes active) by the BG1 endgame, and you'll be able to start BG2 with a fully realized character. Moreover, the 7th level dual doesn't lose much compared to the 9th level dual. One proficiency point that you can't use to grandmaster anyway (because you can use the druid 8 point for that in the 7th level dual only) and maybe five hit points. Nothing major, in exchange for getting 5th level spells in BG1. I highly recommend it.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Heindrich said:

2) In my opinion, although a dual-classed Fighter=>Druid is more powerful in the long run, dual-classing is a bit of a pain for a beginner to manage, so you might just want to use a multi-class, which has benefits in the long run too. (Both Druid and Fighter HLAs).

Yes, a Fighter/Druid character is probably the hardest one to roll up because of all the requirements needed. You pretty much have to come up with a score of 96 points total in order to get a decent character. You'd have a much easier time of it going with a multi-class character.

Belanos said:

Yes, a Fighter/Druid character is probably the hardest one to roll up because of all the requirements needed. You pretty much have to come up with a score of 96 points total in order to get a decent character.

A Fighter->Druid that starts BG1 with 18/xx-17-15-3-14-16 stats will be in fine shape from a powergaming perspective. That's 83 total. A couple more for wisdom and constitution would be gravy.

• DevilTyphoonDevilTyphoon Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2015
    I rolled for 4 hours and not gained a score better than 93...I think it's good....

EDIT: Rolled 95 :dizzy:

I rolled for 4 hours

Whoa.
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    You would play with a 3 INT and a 14 WIS? Seriously? Whatever floats your boat, man, but using dumpstats completely breaks the role playability of your character, especially an illiterate one with a medium-high WIS.
    edited March 2015
    @xscott71x
    joluv said:

from a powergaming perspective

Edit: And yes, sometimes I would. I like playing the game a variety of ways.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    I'd lean towards multiclass. Especially if you haven't played before you'll definitely want to be able to pull from both class' HLAs late game BG2 and ToB.

Pretty much if you plan to start in BG1 and dual, you won't dual until you get into BG2.