Skip to content

Beamblog Enhanced Edition!

Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
As you may have noticed, we've taken a few weeks off of Beamblog updates. The reason is now revealed. BEHOLD! The new, enhanced, Beamblog!

(And a new contest!)

Beamblog

Comments

• Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    And yes for some reason it's displaying Ben's picture as my own. Can't say that I understand that.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

And yes for some reason it's displaying Ben's picture as my own. Can't say that I understand that.

I was wondering about that.

I like the new site though! Very clean. At least for the blog. The site as a whole seems a bit inconsistent. The blog has an off-white background, but the main page has that funny scrolling thing and a black background. I have to say I like the blog page better. Also, the support page still has your old logo. What's up with that?
    The final post in this week's enhanced Beamblog released is up. Free wallpaper for everyone!

Direct link
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236

The final post in this week's enhanced Beamblog released is up. Free wallpaper for everyone!

Direct link

Widescreens too?
    They're available in both fullscreen (1024 x 768 and 2048 x 1536) and widescreeen (1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080, and 1920 x 1200) formats.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    For those interested, a new post has been published.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2015/05/how-to-watch-us-live.html
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2015
    *Aedan shakes his hand*
    ME!!!

Thanks! They are gorgeous!
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Already a week old, but there is an update on the Beamblog on localization: http://blog.beamdog.com/2015/06/spotlight-on-localization.html

As a sidenote: @Amber_Scott, did you ever get around to gathering information on new patches for the current games? I believe that since me asking about it some months ago in the previous topic we've seen the 1.4 update for IWD:EE but I'm curious (and I believe others with me) about updates for BG:EE and BGII:EE. Even with the excitement of an announcement on Adventure Y lurking around the corner :smile:
    Thanks for the reminder! We have our blog posts scheduled out through July atm but I'll make a note to have a patch update post sometime this summer (if I can get permission).
    The new blog post is up for today too: http://blog.beamdog.com/2015/06/what-character-winners.html

Thanks for the reminder! We have our blog posts scheduled out through July atm but I'll make a note to have a patch update post sometime this summer (if I can get permission).

Thanks! I think people aren't looking for specific timelines (something which I can understand not getting permission for posting) but a more general idea of what will be done first (or perhaps simultaniously), is the process already started or do we have to wait for the release of Adventure Y first? Those kind of questions.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Did you manage to get a permission? Were the Gods kind to us?:)
    I'm still in Limbo on blog posts, but I'll update here when I can. Thanks for checking back in.
    @Amber_Scott Thanks a lot for an update! And remember, living only on "coffee and optimism" won't be good after the third week. You need something more nutritious than that!
    edited August 2015
    Not as detailed as I (and I assume others) hoped for but still definitely better than nothing, thanks @Amber_Scott! I guess we'll have to wait and see ("coffee and optimism" present) what will happen next *insert dramatic dum dum DUM*

Main area of interest for me would be: as there is a patch coming out for BG:EE in order to implement SoD, do the bugs currently found get fixed as well? And stuff like that.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Whenever we plan a patch, one of the first things we look at is the current bug list. It's a good bet that when the patch is released it will contain fixes for many/most/all of the reported issues, although that also depends on available resources and scheduling.
    Dee said:

Whenever we plan a patch, one of the first things we look at is the current bug list. It's a good bet that when the patch is released it will contain fixes for many/most/all of the reported issues, although that also depends on available resources and scheduling.

No doubt about that, it would seem a tad illogical otherwise. But I suspect that a lot of people are looking forward to more bugfixing for the EEs so information like that is joyful news :smile:

Another new post has been published.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2015/11/convention-season.html