Skip to content

I want to play as The Winged !

Hey guys!
I wanted to make a playthrough playing The Winged (From BP2) because I love the character. But I am facing several problems:
First, even with EEkeeper I cannot find the Evil Planetar Sprite and to make my character look like it. Is there any way to do so?
Another problem would be that I would have to dig quite deep into the game files to find her class, level, etc... And I don't know where to find such files in Android. But I figured a solution. I will use the 13th level spell: summon @Tresset , Prince of the forums. Dear Tresset, as you seem to know how to find such things, could you please tell me a little bit about the Winged (Stats, class, saving throws, base armor class etc...)?
And finally, I don't know how to implement a new voice kit among the ones already available. If someone could give me a quick tutorial about that, it would be very nice. Oh and if someone knows how to extract voice files and make a voice kit with them I would really love it.

Here I am as far as technical issues are concerned.

Now I would like your opinion on some ingame things:
The Winged's default weapon is the Silver Sword+3. Meaning it is totally OP early game, but might not work against quite a few enemies later on. Do you think I should just avoid these fights (none of them are necessary) or should I use other 2H swords even if it does not perfectly fit roleplay-wise?
Winged's Gauntlets are all but OP (5AC against melee weapon, I do not know what her base AC is but I could hardly hit her except with my Kensai. It offers some damage reflection as well, which is quite strong). However, they are the one distinctive item owned by the Winged. Should I use them?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2015
    From shadowkeeper:

She is a lawful evil cleric/mage of 34 levels each. Str 19 dex 18 con 18 int 18 wis 21 cha 20
    Her appearance is set to antisolar
    Base ac is -17
    Her hp is 272
    Base Thac0 is -9 (!) number of attacks:3 (!)
    Saves are 2/5/4/4/6
    Resistances:cold 100, electricity 50, fire 100, crushing/piercing/slashing/missile 10, magic 90 (!)
    Has mage spells: 1 feeblemind, 3 mass invisibility, 1 comet
    Priest:Unholy word, sym:stun, earthquake, 3 heals, 3 blade barriers, 1 insect plague, 3 flame strikes, 2 neutr. poison, free action, death ward, zone of sweet air, unholy blight, 2 remove paralysis, 3 slow poison, 3 duhm, 3 remove fear, 3 armor of faith
    Her weapon is dark justice+5
    Thac0+5 1d10+5 dmg
    -%15 chance to vorpal
    -drains 1-6 hp from target to heal the wielder
    +5 extra damage vs chaotic
    She has 1 pip in two handed sword and 1 pip in two handed style (surprisingly low!)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    34 level of mage 34 level of cleric, that s about 18M exp rofl. I guess I am just gonna go for the cleric thing (as it is her main role) and give her feeblemind, mass invis and comet as special abilities.
    Maybe cleric warrior actually so that I do not have to cheat to get the attacks per round.
    Ok thank you bro. I really appreciate your effort :)
    No problem! It is interesting to check all the cool npcs in bp2, they are really colorful and interesting and it is evident that the developers put much effort and care to them.

I discovered Pol Pyrus has a charisma of 3! I guess he is a twisted psycopath with a very ugly visage, shifty crazy eyes, lots of scars and singed, scary hair.
    I will definitely make a character based on each of the planar hunters. I really love that crew.
    I agree they are very interesting characters.

Did you ever do the mini quest that gives you a scroll of transfer, so in the final battle a mage can read the scroll and spirit-transfer into Bannor's body, and become the adamantine golem itself? I never tried it, because I believe a high level arch-mage is a lot more useful in the final battle than the hulking golem. Bannor is fairly easy to neutralise, ı leave him for the last, he takes too long to kill and is not that big of a threat as others. Say, the Winged is the most dangerous and must be taken out ASAP! Joker is manageable, but Pol Pyrus has to go quickly as well.
    Basically the winged has, according to the stats you gave, -26AC against melee weapon when she has her gauntlet. -26 is an awful lot. Most of your warriors have about -10 to -15 Thac0 which means you will hit her once every 4hits for most warriors. And she has that heal with a 1 spellcast time and an awful lot of HP and that vorpal sword. Like, she is very, very hard to bring down, but she is also totally deadly with that stupid vorpal sword. I dare not imagining if she used that armor of faith and duhm. Would be the most nightmarish fight ever, far ahead of most SCS fights
    edited April 2015
    True, that's why she has to be taken out fast and mercilessly. I had all my fighters activate smite on her, don't remember if she was immune to stun effect, (I think she was not!) but smite also critical hits. Also I used a lot of critical hit hlas with improved hasted fighters to chop her off quickly. An archer or kensai may hit her without critical hit hla, but still.. Ignored everyone and everything, she just had to die! After she dies, the battle becomes a lot more managable.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2015
    It may be easiest to convert her to a from a .cre file to a .chr file. I imagine that wouldn't be too hard.
    Is that possible? Because if it was it would just awesome.
    But there might be bugs due to her being level 34/34 M/C which is not achievable...
    Could you explain to me how to do that? I really am a noob at editing files...
    Well, if it is possible it is just great. I would love to play as Thassk Kun or Dormamus as well...
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Do you really want all her superpowers right off the bat? Or do you want to level as her, start small? If so, it should be fairly easy to just make a character and edit it in EEKeeper to have her appearance, stats, etc. Basically anything but the APR and gear, starting from a reasonable level.
    I should maybe play her as a cleric only with the few mage spells she has as special abilities. Of course I would nerf her AC etc... so that I can match her stats once max level and full build. I would just add her what cannot be added (such as APR) through equipment as well as her personal stuff (dark justice and winged gauntlets). That might be doable with EEkeeper and not that OP.

But is there any way to get her voice kit as well?
    Just bumping this thread because I finished my playthrough as the Winged. If any of you want the setup I used, here it is:
    I played her as a True Neutral Lathander Priest (I roleplayed a redeemed Winged on whom Lathander took pity. Her normal alignment being Lawful Evil, I still did not want to change it to good ). I had to do a few manipulation on Shadow Keeper before setting it, see below.
    As for her stats, I gave her a base 30% magic resist (she normally has 90%), 10% cold resist (instead of 100%) and 30% fire resist (Same). I gave her no other resistances. Her throws are normal ones. I gave her a base Thac0 of 6 (cleric have 8 when they reach level 20).
    I gave her no bonus HP compared to a normal Priest.
    I set her AC so that once fully equipped with the best possible equipment and fully buffed with AC buff priests get she would have -21 overall AC (her AC when you face her). That's a natural 7 AC if I am not mistaken.
    I set her stats just like the real Winged stats
    Overall, that's a slightly rebalanced version of the winged (overall less resistant, but as she has access to Boon of Lathander she is stronger offensive-wise)
    I also gave her the pip she has in 2H swords

Here are some specific things:
    First, I had her be a thief, gave her 3 080 000 exp to give her UAI (so that there was no problem with 2H sword). Then I set her kit and class back to Priest of Lathander, and started SoA with 100 000 exp. UAI remains.
    I did not give her her Dark Justice+5 right at the beginning of the game. I played through SoA without using it (You have sword of Chaos, Lilarcor etc... that you can use until Chapter 6, then take Silver Sword). I gave her both her weapon and her gauntlets when ToB started.
    Her gauntlets are a bit cheesy for two reasons: her AC is very, very low which means she is overall very resilient to melee attacks. And when she hits a PfMW wizard that is using Fire shields, as she suffer damages at melee range she reflects some damage, meaning she can hit mages even through PfMW if they are using these spells. And as a cleric she may get like 90% damage reduction from fire and cold meaning she won't even suffer damage from the fire shields, but she will still deal them damages. That's how I got rid of Szass Tam and Irenicus for example, but it felt cheesy ( and I did not went to unequip her gloves because I would not have been able to re-equip them without EEKeeper).
    I may make another playthrough without these gauntlets, maybe playing as a Helm priest this time, to add a bit of challenge.

Overall it was still a very pleasant playthrough I am considering making some other playthrough with some of the BP2 characters, Thassk Kun and Dormamus are my next targets.

P.S. Not a big loss, but I could find no way to give her Comet, mass invisibility and Feeblemind (her mage spells) as innate abilities. Her comet was still one of her signature abilites so I was a bit disappointed.
    P.P.S: Her sword, which you are not supposed to have, of course, in a normal playthrough has, unlike most items you can get through EEkeeper only, quite an interesting description providing more on her background than what is said in BP2. I do hope this sword will in the end come in vanilla game (I would suggest it to be an item forged by Cespenar. We would get one of the pieces in Lunia (ToB Dorn quest) and the other somewhere in the Githyanki room in the Watcher's Keep, for example)
  • DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    What game are you talking about?
    Drueric said:

What game are you talking about?

Not too sure what you mean. The Winged is a character from Black Pits 2 (the planetar) and I just wanted to make a playthrough with her as PC.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Arunsun:

Her sword has more background info? Please post it...
    edited July 2015
    Here is its description:
    "Once a great general in a celestial army, the Winged’s days were spent warring against the fiends of the Abyss. During a tremendous battle against these demon hordes, one of her command decisions resulted in the destruction of a quarter of her legions. Furious over the loss, she abandoned her post and waded into battle herself, cutting down lesser demons by the dozen. Though she was personally victorious in combat, the larger battle was lost—without her leadership, her remaining forces were thrown into disarray and forced to withdraw. For dereliction of duty and her inability to control her emotions, the god she served stripped her of her rank and cast her out of her home plane."

It adds some personality to the character, because before reading it I thought, from what was said, that she betrayed her god voluntarily, as a well-thought, cold-blooded act. But here we see that she indeed failed her god, but that is because she was overwhelmed by her feelings.

P.S. Sorry I cannot provide better than that on mobile.
    Post edited by Arunsun on
    wow. Thank you! That really does add alot to her character.
    Which makes me dream even more of the day they add the Winged as a NPC just the way they did with Baeloth. With nerfed stats and equipment maybe. I mean, even Mister OP... err I mean Baeloth... was not so powerful in BG1. I really would love to have her as a playable NPC with her own quest and such stuff.
    There is one thing I am still unsure about her. I still wonder whether she is a Planetar or a Solar. She certainly is much stronger than the Planetars you can summon, but a Solar is described as a very, very powerful being, and the Winged definitely is stronger than any enemy you get to face, except maybe Amelyssan but that's only because of her OP slowing-stunning-cold-damaging spear (Yes, in my opinion The Winged is even stronger than Demogorgon, and would be nearly impossible to defeat if she used all the spells she has memorised properly).
    Amelyssan is a level 30/30/10 M/C/Deathstalker, the Winged is a 34/34 M/C, I guess they are on a par.
    I'd pay for that DLC.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Always wondered about the Winged stats and thats pretty crazy. fought her twice and both times took my whole party to bring her down lonesome going HLA and she still would manage to take most of them out with those vorpal hits, healing, and the above mentioned!

I've been thinking of doing an "Amelyssan" run and create a PC like your doing for the Winged @Arunsun
    but I thought she was Mage/Cleric, any idea what her stats or how to create
    edited May 2015
    @brunardo If you wanna have her stats etc... just use shadow keeper to open a CRE file and look for Amelyssan. I cannot do it myself because I have BG2EE on my Android (and thus I can only edit characters with EEKeeper, I apparently cannot open CRE files even with the fake installation thing)
    By the way, Deathstalker is a prestige class and it does not appear to give her any special power, so you might as well play her as a M/C
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    yeah good advice @Arunsun - deathstalker mod didnt work on EE too when tried awhile back. havent used EEkeeper yet but will figure it out for my next run
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Sorry I'm 2 years late, but this idea is immensely cool and I couldn't not ask,

@Arunsun DID YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN?

Please please I want to go cleave everything as a fallen angel pleeeeeeeease

Sorry I'm 2 years late, but this idea is immensely cool and I couldn't not ask,

@Arunsun DID YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN?

Please please I want to go cleave everything as a fallen angel pleeeeeeeease

And two years later I am still here. And YES I made it happen, it felt nice the first time though it was really way too easy. But since then Legacy of Bhaal arrived, and it became much more interesting.