Skip to content

facepalm?

I made a beserker 2 hand axe proficency for baldurs gate 2 enhanced...

there are no 2 hand axes?

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Unfortunately no.

Fortunately there's EEKeeper! ;)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited May 2015
    rhaeloth said:

I made a beserker 2 hand axe proficency for baldurs gate 2 enhanced...

there are no 2 hand axes?

Sorry, there aren't. You can always use EEkeeper to change the points into two handed swords or something :smile:
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You could also use Near Infinity to change halberds to use the axe proficiency, and maybe tweak the swing ratio so it includes fewer thrusts and more overhand and backhand swings. Two-handed axes in IWD2 use the same animation as halberds, and it looks about the same.
  • rhaelothrhaeloth Member Posts: 28
    meh - i just reerolled.. I was like ok -- single hand axe does well enough without added coverage. ok two hand sword does well enough without the added coverage... but wheres the 2 h axe!

so now the lands must face my gang of archers...
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    There are two handed axes in Icewind Dale EE. Some quite good ones. Like +3 great axe with +1 Con.

Throw that axe to a dwarf or half-orc barbarian for that nice 20 con.

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    A similar experience I had when I created a swashbuckler who was going to dual class into an mage, but he was an elf...
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Same feeling when I gave Rasaad a point in Katanas, and finally got my hands on one to realize I was doing much better with my bare fists...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    If you want to bring some IWD experience to BG and enjoy two-handed axes, install this tweak from the BG2 Tweaks mod:

Two-Handed Axes
    A nod to Icewind Dale, this tweak adds an ability to all melee-only axes that will create a two-handed version of the axe in your inventory. The one-handed version will be removed. The new axe will have the animation of a two-handed halberd but, in all other respects, will be the same as the one-handed version. You can switch back to the one-handed version at any time. The ability is found behind the backpack icon, once the axe is equipped. This component will affect items introduced by mods.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    No damage increase mentioned in that g3 mod... Seems a 2h axe should not do the same damage as a 1 hander though
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Pretty sure the G3 mod axes do the same damage as the IWD two-handed axes, which is to say 1d10.