Skip to content

A new screenshot approaches!

Comments

• AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    @serabiet Hear hear. But it's starting to look better every time I look at it. And most importantly: It's giving me the "why-can't-I-already-play-this-thing-dammit!" feeling. That's a good sign if there ever was one.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    I`ll be to focused on all the evil deeds i`ll be doing in the middle of the screen to bother ogling the GUI while i play, And if it turns out that the GUI twists my tits then that`l be baaaad news for NPC`s.
    How will the blood look at full zoom?
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Ward said:

I made a better once @The_New_Romance

I really like this version, a very good use of the available space.
    edited September 2012
    @ALL
    If they redid the code for the GUI the way I think they did, then We will all have what we want with a bit of self tinkering. The UI Mods in Oblivion by a guy who uses the name DarN were awesome...even if you HATE the layout Overhaul used...it should be a minor matter to mod it to your tastes. If the Devs left us the openings in the code to freely mod the UI it will be UI Nirvana.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Immagikman Thanks dude. I imagine it would be better if all the 12 quickslot buttons were moved to the right near the portraits and the chat box moved to the left.

Also, the portraits should be more squashed together, the names removed and put the rest button underneath them.

SO EPIC!
    edited September 2012
    The way I play @Ward it wouldnt matter... I like a balanced look so the text box in the middle is super. I disagree with you I like the spread out portraits and names both.
    edited September 2012
    @immagikman
    Don't prefer this, you like the other?
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
    Ward said:

@immagikman

I prefer the one I quoted a few posts above...the text in the middle buttons split to either side and the right side saved for the Portraits and Names....but thats just my preference.
    @immagikman I don't even know if you can see my recent one, it won't show up here.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I like it.
    @Ward
    It doesnt show up so I just took the URL out of the text instead and went straight there.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    Ward said:

hmm.. I dont know if I like the grey, its too bright... and also if the 'i' would be a capital letter, 'I' , it would look much better IMO
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    -
    edited September 2012
    @Tanthalas Can you or someone tell us if you are using XML scripts or something similar for the new UI?
    Or maybe that is a question for @PhillipDaigle
    @mch202 wat?
    Ward said:

@immagikman

This one has too much wasted realestate on the right...better to have more room for the portraits and names etc.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Ward

I fixed the image, you had a typo in the img src thing.

@immagikman

That's something that only the developers can say.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Sylvus_Moonbow I don't think it's as bad as all that. Essentially, BeamDog and Overhaul are tinkering with people's favorite memories, so change is going to include some irritation from the community. I get that part of it and see it less of entitlement than "but it was fine the way it was" or whatnot. But, like @Tr_ond says, we'll be more focused on the sprites representing the all-too-real people in the party and what they are doing than we will on the buttons at the edge of the screen.

And enjoying the shake when Minsc proves that "The bigger they are, the harder they hit!"
    @Tanthalas :D!

@immagikman I hope somebody makes a mod for the GUI, I bet they will. Assuming they can move the buttons, but even if they can't, I do like the original one.

It's like the BG1 sprites, it's just not the same without the old interface.
    Tanthalas said:

@immagikman
    That's something that only the developers can say.

Ahh for some reason I thought you might have some inside info :D Thanks.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I have close to 0 programming knowledge.
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    So when are you showing the other 10?
    Well I know if they based it off XML files it will be a sure thing that there will be more interface choices than you can shake a halfling at...thats about as far as my programming knowledge goes. Im an Admin not a programmer by trade..though I could cobble something together in COBOL if I had a gun to my head ;-)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Oh the horror... ohh the pain i see.. Its not good at all...
    Hate to look my self in the mirror the day after a bottle of gin :P

But quite good work though with the game. Ill wait to see more finished screenies instead of bitching allready. Btw cant we make it optional to what background color we want ?
    @lordkin
    I believe one of the Devs mentioned skinning would be fairly easy so that would be a yes.
    @Tanthalas With technology of today's 'future people', close to 0 programming expertise is all you need! ;D
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2012
    I think the new interface is basically okay. I would agree that the contrasts need toning down.

One thing I've not seen mentioned is that a blue interface has already been done by a modder. @Sapphire_Ice always uses it, and I've seen it in his minimal reload posts on the Bioware forums. One time I even downloaded it and installed it on my own setup, but I wound up preferring and going back to the brown.

Here is a link that includes screenshots - just scroll down to see them - they're down a bit on the page. Could somebody with more BB Code skill than mine maybe embed the pictures? Thanks.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/53365-description-preview-images-and-download-link/