Skip to content

Introducing: The Candlekeep Library

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Godlings, I have come to give you an important message: The realm of http://www.baldursgate.com has been updated to include a section known as The Candlekeep Library, which will be where major public announcements are made. Not unlike the official blog of yore.

Today it opens with an extra fancy treat: 9 new screenshots from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Later this week some other cool things will appear, such as a series of vignettes written by our very own Dave Gross. And perhaps something for your earballs.
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
trinitAviiDiscoCatg314XylinaGarmalexofanderakirachen47XzarRush_that_speaksRisingsunrodneyandsteptoeneur0EnialusMeliamneLadyRhianphyltyboRhaoFake_Sketchyazgangmch202ZinodinKirinaldothat70sgirl7887JamesSedKhamillTr_ondMajocaRedGuardzarffynsepotterAngel_MartellArcalianRhinjavarego1steWardchickenhedJalilyCuvKenjiCCarluNNkcwiseAnduinGun19ScooterManveruwojtekDragonspearserabietMoiraJarlaxleLolaEidolonZaratulSmaugGodKaiserHellsanctvsWoldanjpierce55NecdilzorGrandeCIkonNavrosfiddlernerocloakanddaggerreedmilfamTazokAdaramCallmee_Johnskyline818CentoparpurebredcornHoebaggerWonderboy2402BealderMystreAkerhonraider_xetaglocArkinJaySee84MetaSiegcutlasskiwiMalicronelminsterlolien

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    page down... another traffic server crash? ;D
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Try refreshing? It's working at the speed of Flash Gordon over here.
    Moira
  • AviiAvii Member Posts: 34
    O so shiny!
    NecdilzorKompi
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    I'm unable to get any more than the first 3 pictures to show up... any one else having this problem? But what I see looks fab.
    Turns out there's a bit of a lag time. Give it a moment and it should be fine.
    nope, it is constantly claiming it can't find a server. damn, i really wanted to go to sleep, because it's late here, but it seems i will spend the night clicking away... :)
    ah, this reminds me so much of stealth button in bg games...
    Dragonspear
    If you hit shift-ctrl-R in most browsers, it will force a full refresh.
    trinitPoe
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    All the screenshots are loading for me. They look great! I can't wait until next week.
    that70sgirl7887Aedanraider_x
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    All the screenshots are loading for me now, as well. The high res looks great! Can't think of one complaint, at this point. Except that the 18th is still a week away.
    that70sgirl7887DragonspearMoiraraider_x
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    the page is down, at least for me =(
  • DrgkainDrgkain Member Posts: 2
    Great screen shots, I think you should add a next button so when we maximize we don't have hit back and click on the next one.
    Fake_Sketch
    refresh didn't work but i exited the browser (few times) and it worked!
    thank you for advices @PhillipDaigle :) the screenshots look great in high res, so far so good.

well, one more page for me to visit as part of every morning coffee&internet ritual it seems :bookmarked:
    IkonNavros
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Fredjo said:

the page is down, at least for me =(

works like a charm now, the screens looks awesome!
  • harvman11harvman11 Member Posts: 33
    Looks like the filters and whatever else you're doing are working great, the game looks much sharper than I remember. I'm definitely excited for next Tuesday!
    GrandeCFake_SketchFelixraider_x
  • GrandeCGrandeC Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2012
    Hmm, Andrew the Great is using a Longsword +1 in one of the pictures. That eliminates him as a healer. Who is healing this party? It doesn't appear that Xzar has been dual-classed. Is this group relying on wild surges from Neera? We don't know the party's reputation so we can't assume the PC has the innate healing dream bonuses. Is the monk's lay on hands ability self target only? The 'canon' Beamdog party must be a very reckless group :)

Screens look great regardless!
  • dozdoz Member Posts: 1
    Nice screenies, thanks. But i don't like the color of the UI panels. Why blue?? Looks disturbing.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Wow. They look Amazing!
    Felix
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    The screenshots look great. The hi-res really comes across, and I'm digging the new GUI. Great work!
  • EquiptoEquipto Member Posts: 6
    Looks great! So pumped the 18th can't come fast enough!
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Nice, you made me happy Phillip.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2012
    mch202 said:

HAHA!!! A NORMAL HORNED HELMET!!! THE JOY!!!

( And BG1 Shields ) :-)

And BG1 animations available(i hope)! Right Boo?

Squeak!
    AndreaColomboAntonraider_x
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

GrandeC said:

Hmm, Andrew the Great is using a Longsword +1 in one of the pictures. That eliminates him as a healer. Who is healing this party? It doesn't appear that Xzar has been dual-classed. Is this group relying on wild surges from Neera? We don't know the party's reputation so we can't assume the PC has the innate healing dream bonuses. Is the monk's lay on hands ability self target only? The 'canon' Beamdog party must be a very reckless group :)

Screens look great regardless!

Healing isn't necessary when you worship the twin gods of Ctrl-R and Ctrl-Y
    I'm a pacifist. My god is Ctrl-Q.
    KilivitzCandramelekh
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    That's a much sharper image quality than original I'd say. Looking forward to seeing the zoom feature in action, even if it is just a small video of it in action.
    Arkin
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Screenshots look great! I'm curious about something, though. When Xzar or Neera are selected, there are two quickslot weapons, a quickcast slot, a blank space, and then two quickcast spells and the cast icon. Is this due to the old hardcorded GUI? Or does a quickcast spell replace unequipped weapon slots on mages now?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @ChrisYui there's been a few questions about this already. My nearest guess (assuming it's intentional and not something that they're working on fixing) is that it's supposed to correspond to the layout of the F-keys on a standard keyboard, which are grouped by fours. Since the action icons are mapped to the F-keys, it might make it easier for the user to know intuitively which F-key goes to which icon.

That's just a wild guess, though.
    Fake_SketchSyntia13