Skip to content

Introducing: The Candlekeep Library

Comments

• IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited September 2012
    Nice Screenshots, only that one with the graphical errors is not really fitting the otherwise fine quality :P

But since there is still no real High resolution Screenshot with 1920 x 1080 or beyond i Wonder if it is also looking similiar good at that kind of resolutions with also easy to read texts and stuff like that?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    stupid question, but the new monk has alot of red at the bottom of his portrait. Won't it look like he's damaged/hard to tell if it's art or dmg since dmg is shown in red roughly the same color as the bottom 30% of his portrait?
    Fake_SketchJaxsbudgie
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Tanthalas said:

Parys said:

Did you notice a new size of portrait icons. Previously, these icons were displayed of three icons per row.

Yeah, one complaint about portrait icons was that they ended up covering up portraits very easily (more so now when even class immunities will display portrait icons). Making them smaller lessens the problem.
    @Tanthalas I wonder if the BG:EE team have considered making the immunities and other icons on portraits invisible/transparent? Then when you hover over them with the mouse cursor they become visible. That would possibly take care of the problem of the icons obscuring the character portraits much better than increasing the size of the portraits and/or decreasing the various icons size.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @RedGuard

If they change the behaviour of portrait icons, it'll only be post-release. I think many people would like the option to toggle them on or off.
    RedGuardThe_New_Romance
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited September 2012
    I would be thankful to a NWN2 cast spell system, where i could pre-order the spells (NWN2 create a small rectangle on the middle upper part of the screen), so i would just need to pause the game once to cast all the buffs (saving a lot of time).

I really don't care much about the buff icons covering the portrait, i kinda of enjoy that XD, besides we're not buffed all the time, so whatever.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @Mornmagor

"It is kinda big as an issue for some of us. BG1 is still BG1, and some of us grew up with that and it grew on us as well."

I couldnt agree with you more, there needs to be a MEGA AGREE!!1! button to express such powerful agreement. anyway everything you said about baldurs gate 1 feel, in my opinion I think the first game had a magic touch to it that the 2nd game glazed it over with a ugly UI and different style icons and sprites, there was something that the original captured that I cannot explain but I just prefer the first game in everyway compared to the 2nd.

Dont get me wrong the 2nd game was awesome but I just loved the original game, I cannot wait for this enhanced edition im so excited to download the pre-order. I wonder if it will be available for download 0:01am?
    Mornmagor
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    mch202 said:

mibbles said:

Awesome screenshots! Did notice something strange about one of them... Check the rock to the left of the party in this one

I hope @PhillipDaigle and the others are aware of this and will remove it from the Main Site, you know haters and all.. :-p

Maybe this is a case of "horizontal-sync"*jk*
    James
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    I'm glad to finally see screenshots of the new UI.

I'm still rather peeved that they're still low-resolution screenshots.

And I'm not fond of the new UI, by and by. I don't see the point of breaking up the quick-select icons into clusters.... leaving just enough open space between them for an extra icon. Why not give us 4 spell slots and 4 item slots? Or follow ID2's example and give us 6 slots we can assign to everything?

You can't call it a 'new and improved UI' if it's mostly identical, and slightly worse than the original.
    Rhulqdahr
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367

I'm glad to finally see screenshots of the new UI.

I'm still rather peeved that they're still low-resolution screenshots.

And I'm not fond of the new UI, by and by. I don't see the point of breaking up the quick-select icons into clusters.... leaving just enough open space between them for an extra icon. Why not give us 4 spell slots and 4 item slots? Or follow ID2's example and give us 6 slots we can assign to everything?

You can't call it a 'new and improved UI' if it's mostly identical, and slightly worse than the original.

I actually like the new UI at first glance, and then I compared it to the old UI and I liked it even better. And I think the screenshots are high enough res to give me a tasty sampling of what I'll be experiencing in a week.
    Fake_Sketchimmagikman
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    There seems to be a quest I've never seen " Bad and Dangerous to Know "

Butts shall be kicked in liberal measure! Go for the eyes, Boo!
    Fake_Sketch
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    @reedmilfam Could well be those necromancers in the city. As far as I recall, quests didn't have actual names in BG1, there were no titles for journal entries.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    I'm ok with the shots, Ill be playing in that resolution anyway.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @mch202 Do you not worry that glitch is IN the game, not just the screenshot?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Ward said:

@mch202 Do you not worry that glitch is IN the game, not just the screenshot?

@Ward No, not really, Im 100% that if its a glitch in the game they have all ready took care of it or working on it. But in the mean time I think it is right to remove the 'bugged' screenshot.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Are we sure this is a glitch? There are other stones of the same shape on the other side of the party.

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Lemernis said:

Are we sure this is a glitch? There are other stones of the same shape on the other side of the party.

I don't believe that's what people are pointing out, look at the first bigger circle in your diagram, follow it up and the big tombstone-esque stone is split into two and not aligned correctly.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Lemernis

Its a glitch because you can see that the whole background is misaligned along that vertical line.
    Arsene_Lupin
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's possible that for whatever reason the screen was scrolling at the time the screenshot was taken, causing the misalignment in the screenshot where there is none in the game.
    Actually, this line proves to all of us that Evil is Afoot!
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Tanthalas I agree, I think it's an in game thing. Well they really need to fix it ASAP. :P
  • SabotinSabotin Member Posts: 38
    The same glitch is in screen09.png I think (at the very left of the game screen, a few pixels right of the gui, best visible on the roof area near the arcane/divine spellbook buttons).

Small glitch of same type near day/night button on screen02.

The time button is positioned slightly higher on screen02, 03 (which has thin extra line on top and is moved as whole by it), 09, 13 and 16, compared to 5/6/15/17.

2/3/9/15/16 are shot at exactly the same time of day, and 05/06 at same time of night.

03 is showing one and a half lines of text in the chat window, as opposed to 1 in the others.

Nitpicking, for goodness! :D
    mch202Arkin
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    I'm glad to see that the blue on the new UI was toned down - it now looks exactly as I was picturing. Thanks for taking your fans' feedback so seriously!

With this in mind, I'd like to echo a common sentiment that was expressed regarding the last screen: What are the chances of us seeing some sort of gold (or otherwise ornamental) border around the character portraits?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Arkin AFAIK, the blue wasn't changed. :|
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    Really? Perhaps it's because I'm looking at another monitor, but the blue seems to be a lot closer to gray now. Hm...

EDIT: I'm back on my other computer, and it definitely looks like the blue is toned down. Perhaps I'm misremembering?
    Post edited by Arkin on
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Arkin said:

Really? Perhaps it's because I'm looking at another monitor, but the blue seems to be a lot closer to gray now. Hm...

Wishful thinking :)

Fake_SketchRhulqdahr
  • Callmee_JohnCallmee_John Member Posts: 23
    nice
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It does look a bit better if you adjust the color and brightness settings on your monitor.
  • MerrettMerrett Member Posts: 8
    I'd make the colour of Neera's portrait more vivid .
    To me, it looks faded now.
    It looks like she's spending her time in a washing machine.
    Fluid29
    Again, a sign that Evil is afoot! Bootheels must be applied in liberal measure! This cannot come to pass - or I shall not be able to look Boo in the eyes again.
    Fake_Sketch