Skip to content

Can't scroll kit descriptions to read the entire description?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
Title says it.

I have just gotten the complete trilogy including SoD and 2.0 installed.

The kit descriptions under "Class" are now refusing to scroll down so I can read the kit description.

That means I can no longer access kit descriptions in-game, other than the first few lines of it.

Is this a known bug?

Where should we now report bugs that persist into today's "final release" of the product?

I'm getting a bit disappointed here, as this particular bug is pretty major to me, as it prevents me from fully accessing my character information.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Continue to report bugs on Redmine using the existing public projects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited March 2016
    @typo_tilly, So far it's just the entire box under "Class". It is frozen, and will not scroll down.

@Dee, sorry, I am not interested in being an unpaid beta-tester for Beamdog. If I thought that would be fun, I would have participated in this sub-forum from the beginning of the beta. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

@typo_tilly, So far it's just the entire box under "Class". It is frozen, and will not scroll down.

@Dee, sorry, I am not interested in being an unpaid beta-tester for Beamdog. If I thought that would be fun, I would have participated in this sub-forum from the beginning of the beta. :(

I apologize if my post sounded demanding: I was only answering your question about where to report issues now that the update is released. We will be using Redmine to track these issues from now on.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @typo_tilly , It's Windows 8.1 . Thanks for helping. I honestly don't even know what Redmine is or have any clue how to use it, but that's okay. I don't intend to learn about it right now.

So, there's apparently no way to just ask what bugs are known or not, here in the forums? Or is there a way to access the Redmine bug list thing easily? I guess it's in that original sticky about reporting bugs.

Sigh. Never mind. I'll just wait until I see another patch released and hope for the best.

The Beamdog staff are quite understandably going to be overwhelmed for the next few weeks, and they're just going to keep saying, "Please report all bugs to Redmine."

I'm too old for this, death is coming for me, (hopefully later rather than sooner, but I can see it out there), and I need to enjoy what time I have left, not to make work out of my leisure.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited April 2016
    @BelgarathMTH can I ask how you are trying to scroll please
    • Scroll wheel within the info pane
    • Click & drag within the info pane
    • Scroll wheel on the scrollbar
    • Click and drag on the scrollbar
    • Click on a lower point of the scrollbar
    • Something else
    Thanks
    (oh and if you could tag typo_tilly or myself, as I probably won't remember to look here again...)
    edited April 2016
    @Gate70 , I've tried click and drag in the text window, click and drag on the scrollbar, click on the down arrow on the srollbar, and click on a lower point of the scrollbar.

I don't have a mouse wheel (I use a trackball), but I do have a script running that binds up-wheel and down-wheel to the + and - keys. It works on the zoom feature of the game, so should also work on any other mouse wheel functions. Not here.

That class description window is frozen solid, and nothing will move it. All the other windows in the interface work as they should. (Which is a clue that there's something wrong with the Class window specifically.)

You might think there was some kind of mouse driver incompatibility going on, but everything else in the game responds perfectly, including to my mouse buttons programmed to "space bar" and "q". Usually if there's a mouse compatibility issue going on, those programmable buttons don't work.

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my problem.

EDIT: One other important piece of information - the class window scroll worked until I bought SoD. When SoD overwrote my BG:EE game interface, that's when the problem came up. If other people can scroll the window, this could conceivably be a specific problem that happens when you upgrade BG:EE to 2.0, and *then* buy and install SoD, which seems to write over your 2.0 BG:EE install a second time.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Yep, got it. That pane behaves differently to others for me, with the scroll wheel being required.

The Beamdog launcher had an option to allow side-by-side installs. If you still have a C:\BeamDog\Games\00766 folder (or c:\something else\00766) you can use that for the BGEE campaign.
    Thanks
    @Gate70 , thank you so much. At least someone else has been able to see the problem.

I am using Steam for 2.0 and SoD, even though I do own BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE from Beamdog. So, I doubt I can activate a non-SoD copy of BG:EE unless I start over in the Beamdog client, and/or buy SoD a second time there. My save game file may or may not be compatible to be copied over, but, I would then not be able to do the smooth transition I am hoping for straight into SoD after defeating Sarevok. Besides which, I really like the black SoD interface, and I am collecting the Steam achievements.

If few people are experiencing this problem, it will likely go to the bottom of the list for fixing, if it ever gets fixed at all. It's a shame, but I may have to just live with it. So far, it's the *only* bug in BG:EE 2.0 with SoD interface that has diminished my enjoyment of it.