Skip to content

Find Familiar

2»

Comments

• SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2012
    Jesus @Tanthalas I hope you are not from Europe,cause that would mean that you are super crazy (but also very kind and dedicated of course!) about these forums, answering something like that so fast in the middle of the night... :)

edit: also big thanks for @CaptRory too ofc!

Well, in that case, is it possible that this will change in EE? I really missed that my NPCs can't have their own familiars, but in a multi it would be quite frustrating.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I am from Europe lol.

Not sure if that will change unfortunately.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Well that does make me sad... With importing one could get the bonus hp,but miss all the fun of role playing and talking to his cat (or dragon/ferret/rabbit/imp/mephrit amd whatever is the third evil little guy)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Not sure about BG:EE, but in BG (using TuTu), Find Familiar is very useful. At level 1-3, the little bugger can really do some damage to Xvarts and Gibberlings. Also, the boost to Hit Points that they give your aspiring mage is substantial in the initial stages of the game (+12). But only your protagonist can cast the spell. So Edwin will never have one.

In the original PnP Core rules, you had a 1 in 20 chance of getting a "Special" familiar (I think in the BG games, it is only one possibility per alignment). Anyway, Quasits (Special for CN/CE) had 3D6 HP in the PnP version. And Regeneration AND Magic Resistance they gave you a +1 level right out of the gate. And all Hit points transferred to the player, So, at zero experience points, you could actually have more hit points than a Barbarian (D4 +2 for Con +18 for Familiar +6 more for level 2 making a total of 30 hp plus Regen and MR..... for the MAGE). Sweet! But then my DM really made me pay for it... (he was EVIL incarnate).