Skip to content

Portraits

Comments

• AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    We are looking into additional portraits for the player character. I can't confirm that they will be in there, but we do have plans for them.
    Oh yeah! :D
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    @phillipdaigle Thanks for your reply,
    Will there be any more news soon about the game features and release date etc and is it still a 2012 summer release?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @PhillipDaigle
    I'm almost 100% positive that goblins were not present in BG1. So:

"OMG new feature!"
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited June 2012
    Me like 3rd new feature.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @PhillipDaigle

"OMG new feature!"
    Indeed, IWD had first infinity engine goblins. BG had kobolds. Chatau Irenicus in Bg2 had some little goblins as well.

ur mah gerd! new features!!

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited June 2012
    Can we get a Ettin? Ettins only made a most pathetic cameo in BG II in the Sanguin death pit....but Ettin could fit in well in the BGI setting, rambling through a remote forest or cave, guarding precious Ettin treasure. They would make a tough opponent for a low level party!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150
    We are looking into additional portraits for the player character. I can't confirm that they will be in there, but we do have plans for them.
    That would be great!

I really like the art for the new character too. As other people said, maybe the best thing (if possible) would be to have the artist redraw portraits of all the NPCs and use the same in both BG1 and BG2, so that they're all matched. Some look like a totally different person from BG1 to BG2 - Jaheira for example (in addition, in the French version, she had a nice accent in BG1 that she totally lost in BG2 and the voice sounded much younger, but that's another topic).
    I'd say that for some characters, I prefer the BG1 portraits (Jaheira), for some others I prefer the BG2 portraits (Imoen, though she should look more innocent in BG1)...
    @Yorleen I prefer the BG 2 Portrait of jaheira way more than the BG 1, the BG 1 elves are just humans with pointy ears. In Baldurs Gate 2 they got elven features.
    It's true that the problem with Jaheira's portrait in BG1 was the lack of elven features... But despite that, she looked more serious and older. I'd like something "in between actually". :)
    edited June 2012
    @Yorleen i tought she looked abit more like a Veteran in BG 2, (like all the returning BG 1 Portraits did, which i tought was great)
    But something inbetween might be good too if theyre redwrawing anything.

@Yorleen I prefer the BG 2 Portrait of jaheira way more than the BG 1, the BG 1 elves are just humans with pointy ears. In Baldurs Gate 2 they got elven features.
    Give me a brunette any day. Lets keep the peace and make a mod for it.

Actually I did replace both Jaheira's portraits by an elven brunette portrait from NWN o^^o
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    Would you like to add noble Vampire like Bela Lugoshi?? Just a joke))
    @Silver_moon Whos Bela Lugoshi? :)
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    edited June 2012
    @Silver_moon Whos Bela Lugoshi? :)
    Sorry, i right his name a little wrong. He is Bela Lugosi, he is actor. Sometimes he played vampires, and he most known, as a dracula in horror movies. There is a romour, that on his grave he asked to write: "Undead". That was my joke))) to add his portrait.
    Bela Lugosi WIKI Article
    "Bela Lugosi Undead" song of Gothic rock group "Bauhaus". YOUTUBE Link
    Hah, nice pic :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Give me a brunette any day. Lets keep the peace and make a mod for it.

So not a fan of imoen's pink hair then?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Yeh what the hell happened in Irenicus torture rooms that the pink dye on her clothes transferred to her hair? Didn't she have brown hair on BG1 portrait?
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I wasn't aware that a new character had been reported or revealed at all. That is the new portrait though? This was one of my concerns; it certainly stands out from the original portrait styles present in BG. I hope there is more that can be done to replicate the original process of portrait-rending, but I'm not counting on it. Although I do feel like an eternal pessimist by posting that - sorry! lol
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    There's a new portrait on the main page !
    \o/
    http://www.baldursgate.com/

(Just above Branwen)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Sanctifer said:

There's a new portrait on the main page !
    \o/
    http://www.baldursgate.com/

(Just above Branwen)

@Sanctifer

I guess you missed this thread :-)

there is another new Npc beneath the skull png and to the left of Branwen ( although this on is old news )

• cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Tanthalas said:

@PhillipDaigle

"OMG new feature!"

Sorry to dissapoint you but there was lots of Hobgoblins in BG1 :)
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2012
    @mch202
    I indeed missed that thread :p
    (and of course I already knew about the other new portrait, it's been there a while now but thx)
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    There are two new ones. I made this little thingy just so I could make them out:

What is wrong with the third guy's face...looks like he was in a fire? Or is that a giant tattoo?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

What is wrong with the third guy's face...looks like he was in a fire? Or is that a giant tattoo?

@Space_hamster
    If you will enlarge Phillip Daigle avatar you can clearly see that its a tattoo, although every time I look at this portrait I think of a man who just finished his human meal - not doubt that this NPC can serve as an excellent zombie :)

• AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Bhryaen said:

There are two new ones. I made this little thingy just so I could make them out:

wow!!!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    cyberarmy said:

Tanthalas said:

"OMG new feature!"

Sorry to dissapoint you but there was lots of Hobgoblins in BG1 :)
    Goblins are different!