Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Mungri
    Bag31.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    @Cuv and @Aosaw, thanks a bunch for the legwork and info on ShadowKeeper. That was surprisingly easy, considering. :)
  • GuarocuyaGuarocuya Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2012
    Hey @Mungri try "BAG04", its the one I used in BGII.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

1) Open "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\"

2) Copy "baldur.ini", "characters", and "saves"

3) Open "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766[or whatever number it is]\"

4) Paste the three copied files and folders into this directory

5) In this same directory, open "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language you're intending to use)

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

7) Return to the root "\00766\" directory

8) Paste the copied "dialog.tlk" file into this directory

9) Open Shadowkeeper, and set the installation directory to the "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine).

10) Restart Shadowkeeper.
    Everything should work just dandy, although the displayed portraits will be enormous because of the new portrait dimensions. Enjoy!

(Credit goes to @Cuv for doing all the legwork)
    Steps 5-8 can be skipped if you've already made a hard link for dialog.tlk, one of the steps to getting mods to work.

Just waiting on an updated Weidu...also @CamDawg, any word on level1npcs?
    CamDawg said:

Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

3) Open "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766[or whatever number it is]\"

5) In this same directory, open "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language you're intending to use)

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

9) Open Shadowkeeper, and set the installation directory to the "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine).

Everything should work just dandy, although the displayed portraits will be enormous because of the new portrait dimensions. Enjoy!

Steps 5-8 can be skipped if you've already made a hard link for dialog.tlk, one of the steps to getting mods to work.

I should also point out that once you've edited a save or a character, you'll need to paste the edited file BACK into your local files. It might be a good idea to create a hard link for the characters and saves folders as well, like you did with dialog.tlk, to save yourself those extra steps each time.
    Nythrun's long gone, so it's going to depend on someone else making it compatible.
    @CamDawg tried editing out of party chars with Shadow Keeper but it's not working once they join. Maybe NI? Any suggestions for achieving something like level1npcs did?
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Aosaw said:

@Mungri
    Bag31.

That worked thank you.
    @Guarocuya
    That'd be a question for @Aosaw or @Cuv, as they found the workaround for it. I haven't used SK in years.
    If you edit an NPC's .cre file using ShadowKeeper, you'll need to put it into the Override folder before it'll take effect.

At least, that's my assumption. I've never edited .cre files before.
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    edited November 2012
    Any ETA on Shadowkeeper or a Shadowkeeper-esque tool?

Edit: didn't see the above posts, my mistake.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited November 2012
    Could somebody tell me if BG:EE inlcudes 1ppv4: Extended palette entries component already?
    Thanks in advance.
  • QumiQumi Member Posts: 7
    How do you installl mods in BGEE anyway? The structure of directories is different so mods can't find files...

Oh, and what's the status of Divine Remix?
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2012
    @Qumi: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee

This thread provides a workaround for WeiDU so it can find files. However, that's just getting WeiDU to run properly. Mods often don't work because they're looking for Tutu/BGT files that just don't exist in BGEE.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Parys - Yes, it does.
  • EdgedyEdgedy Member Posts: 13
    Anyone tech savvy with using mklink and Windows? I want to make a batch file which will make a link to the original files, my save directory for characters and run gatekeeper after it's linked the folders so I can just batch file it and gogogo Gatekeeper.

It'd be like
    mklink /J "%userprofile%"\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766"

mklink /J C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\lang\en_US

I may play around with it and see if I can do the work myself, but couldn't hurt for someone else to help me out.
  • AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    Aosaw said:

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

WoW, this is great. :)

Do we need to move the saved games after modification back to the Documents folder, I suppose..?
    @Alesthes Yes, you'll have to do that. Although if you create a hard link as @CamDawg suggested for the dialog.tlk file to the characters and saves folders, you won't have to mess with them at all.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Yes, with that method you need to move them back after editing. You can also create hard links to your BGEE folder. @CamDawg posting about hard links, but the forum is under heavy load and I cant find it atm.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    There's an explanation in this thread. You can indeed create a similar link between your main directory and the save directory and avoid the file shuffling.
  • paladin235paladin235 Member Posts: 13
    How do I get shadowkeeper to open BGEE files if I already have BG2 installed? It basically defaults to only opening the SOA saves.
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Although it mostly deals with ToB content such as HLA, any idea if Oversight would work?
  • AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for the answers, I think I'll keep it this way, I don't mean to modify anything that often.

How do I get shadowkeeper to open BGEE files if I already have BG2 installed? It basically defaults to only opening the SOA saves.

I just copied the Shadowkeeper folder from SoA into the BG:EE folder, and I start Shadowkeeper from there. With the above mentioned workaround, it works for me.
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68

When you open ShadowKeeper, go to the Settings and then change the Installation Directory by replacing it with the correct path for BGEE.
  • stormcloudsstormclouds Member Posts: 3
    havent tested on anything but my char in bgee but i just copied the save file to the origonal bg2 dir then edited with shadowkeep then moved the edited one back to my doc folder the only thing ive tried so far is fixing stats and adding a bit of gold so far but it seems to work ok atm for me.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Glad it is working for people. Backup your game/saves/characters before editing anything... still not sure if this SK workaround will cause oddball BGEE problems. That remains to be seem. I didnt experience any problems either, but I seem to be one of the fortunate ones who isnt experiencing any problems and just seeing known bugs, but nothing gamebreaking.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    @CamDawg
    you might want to add Generalized Biffing as well
    not a bad mod/tool for better performance after adding lots mods
    and it seems to work already
  • smallersmaller Member Posts: 22
    I'm really looking forward to Divine remix, too - would love to be able to play my Druid neutral good.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    The one mod I really missed that I immediately noticed upon entering the game is the one that shows like a NPC's portrait when you talk to them.