Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @HaHaCharade: There are components of UB that I could take or leave, but those two? I just can't play the EE without them. :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    This patch did screw with mods, among other things rewriting dialog.tlk.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Didn't the patch release say that? I remember a warning about mods in the release notes.
    Shin
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    Thank you so much, Aosaw - this was very helpful!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    mlnevese said:

Didn't the patch release say that? I remember a warning about mods in the release notes.

I um... Don't read release notes? I read cliff notes! Haw. I got nothin.

• lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    So, uh... what to do if one forgot to uninstall mods before applying the patch? I didn't read the notes closely and just said "continue". Then I caught the mention of mods (though not what it actually said) before it went on, and I couldn't cancel it to go back and read it. >_> I figured nothing much would happen, but I can see it messed up my dialog.tlk at least somewhat. Would uninstalling the mods and reinstalling them work, or would that make it worse?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @lDanielHolm It's worth trying. You can also click the button in the lower right of the launcher and ask it to repair your installation if uninstalling the mods do not solve the problem.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Aosaw said:

mlnevese said:

Is there any word about a compatible Weidu?

Should be released on Tuesday.
    Wow, that's quick. And already saw some links on the forum for specific BGEE mods. I will wait till things are sorted out patchwise though, if patches only work well on unmodded installs?

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @CamDawg - Now that the game has been released, you can probably add the core, exe-patching component of Infinity Animations to the list of mods that are not required. Animations have been externalized through EXTANIM.2DA. Besides, I believe at present Infinity Animations is not compatible with BG:EE, but I'll let @Miloch chime in with more detailed/correct information about this.

I'll also summon @Galactygon to comment on his awesome Spell Pack's compatibility with BG:EE.
    Mornmagor
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Is 1st post up to date? Only 3 mods working with BG:EE? Nothing new to add or update?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Infinity Animations indeed is not compatible, but with the externalization of animations we could do what it did.

I think :p
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    The biggest problem I see with modding is that every patch overwrites modded content. And this looks like a game that's bound to be patched often.

I wish @trentoster and the team could find a way to integrate some of the more popular mods that don't infringe on their contracts and deals like UB and NPC banter pack. I think we'll all agree that most of the content from those mods should already be in the game anyway.

Maybe a community made DLC? Maybe they won't get an approval from all original modders, but they would get an approval from some. Isn't it worth a shot?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Mornmagor said:

Infinity Animations indeed is not compatible, but with the externalization of animations we could do what it did.

I think :p

You can do more now. Gonna be working with @Miloch on this to get out a new version as soon as we decide on the slot assignments. Animations are exteralized now, and that means that we can have most of the IA animations, all of the IWD/IWD2 animations and several custom animations with their own slots. That may take some time before it is ready, will probably wait until the game is fully patched for everyone so there arent any unknown conflicts.

MornmagorAndreaColombo
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    @AndreaColombo

I haven't tested SpellPack with BG:EE yet, so I can neither confirm nor deny it's compatible.

I've minimized the amount of assumptions in the game though, so if I had to bet, then I would do so on the "yes" side over the "no" side.

-Galactygon
    AndreaColombo
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Is CamDawg updating the opening post, or should I be scanning through all 7 pages here to see if anything's changed?
  • LoReN_LKLoReN_LK Member Posts: 20
    Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

1) Open "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\"

2) Copy "baldur.ini", "characters", and "saves"

3) Open "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766[or whatever number it is]\"

4) Paste the three copied files and folders into this directory

5) In this same directory, open "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language you're intending to use)

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

7) Return to the root "\00766\" directory

8) Paste the copied "dialog.tlk" file into this directory

9) Open Shadowkeeper, and set the installation directory to the "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine).

10) Restart Shadowkeeper.
    Everything should work just dandy, although the displayed portraits will be enormous because of the new portrait dimensions. Enjoy!

(Credit goes to @Cuv for doing all the legwork)

I tried this, but for some unknow reason, the file "characters" on Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ is not there. The Saves and the baldur.ini are both ok, but I simply cannot start the shadowkeeper as long such file is missing. I really could use some help here...
    Cuv
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I believe @CamDawg keeps the OP updated. However, he also has a life outside of these boards and isn't always necessarily sitting at his PC waiting for mods to be updated.

On a mildly related note, @Wisp has just recently updated Rogue Rebalancing to add partial BG:EE compatibility (as of v. 4.52b).
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    LoReN_LK said:

I tried this, but for some unknow reason, the file "characters" on Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ is not there. The Saves and the baldur.ini are both ok, but I simply cannot start the shadowkeeper as long such file is missing. I really could use some help here...

Go into the game and export a character; that should automatically create the folder in the correct location.
    LoReN_LK
  • LoReN_LKLoReN_LK Member Posts: 20
    Thank you very much! It worked just fine!
  • remoremoitremoremoit Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Hello everyone, I have a problem with Shadow Keeper: I can edit the saved games just fine, but then I can't find them in any directory... They are still there in the Shadow Keeper list (with the edits still there), but the actual folders are nowhere to be found in the 00766/save folder...
    Any clues?
  • Kreatur3Kreatur3 Member Posts: 4
    @remoremoit You are probably better off posting your question here as it is a thread specifically for SK.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8165/savegame-or-character-editor-compatibility-shadowkeeper-instructions-in-3rd-post#latest
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181

I believe @CamDawg keeps the OP updated. However, he also has a life outside of these boards and isn't always necessarily sitting at his PC waiting for mods to be updated.

On a mildly related note, @Wisp has just recently updated Rogue Rebalancing to add partial BG:EE compatibility (as of v. 4.52b).

Well, yeah. I just noticed it hadn't been updated since the 28th (the day BGEE came out) so I was curious as to whether or not any more mods had been made to work with the game since.

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Has anyone gotten Near Infinity working properly? I copied over dialog.tlk to the 00766 folder, edited some CREs, saved to override and plonked dialog.tlk back into lang folder, but no dice. Game ignores the changes.

I was hoping to change Shar-Teel's odd weapon proficiency choice at her level 2 spawn, where she has a pip in daggers. Wanted to set her up with 2 pips in longsword instead. I guess I could shadowkeep it, but I was hoping for a more permanent fix, though I guess the patching process makes that less then feasible.
  • remoremoitremoremoit Member Posts: 4
    I will do that, Kreatur3.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Any news about BG1 Unfinished Business v14? Much work left?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102

Has anyone gotten Near Infinity working properly? I copied over dialog.tlk to the 00766 folder, edited some CREs, saved to override and plonked dialog.tlk back into lang folder, but no dice. Game ignores the changes.

I was hoping to change Shar-Teel's odd weapon proficiency choice at her level 2 spawn, where she has a pip in daggers. Wanted to set her up with 2 pips in longsword instead. I guess I could shadowkeep it, but I was hoping for a more permanent fix, though I guess the patching process makes that less then feasible.

It depends on exactly what you are doing. The latest builds of NI (essentially, @FredSRichardson's build or more recent) should work correctly with BGEE. They use the correct TLK, so there is no need to move it around (and doing so may actually destroy your changes).

Additionally, if you have entered Shar-Teel's area already, you need to edit the CRE embedded in the GAM file of your save, and not the "free" CRE, same as you would do in the old editions. Similarly, non-party NPCs you have encountered are embedded in the SAV file of your save.

If that's not the problem, I suggest you explain the issue more fully in a thread dedicated to NI.
    Deucetipher
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    This game desperately needs the BG 1 NPC project. It has been so long since I played vanilla BG1, I forgot how essential that mod is.
    Flameguard27aesnewbgSluaghHeinrich
  • aesnewbgaesnewbg Member Posts: 3

This game desperately needs the BG 1 NPC project. It has been so long since I played vanilla BG1, I forgot how essential that mod is.

Indeed, the game needs the NPC project mod, i was wondering why my party was so quiet :)
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @Wisp Thanks! I was using the old version of NI, and I had to move dialog.tlk around to even be able to use it to read files effectively.
  • CalibrationsCalibrations Member Posts: 13
    Is it possible to use ShadowKeeper to modify your party? Would be nice to fix Jaheira's skills.