Skip to content

General BGEE Customization Pre V2.0

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Heas said:

Hi. I was wondering how do I remove the experience cap if anyone could help. Please.

Wrong thread for this, of course, but you need only to edit xpcap.2da; this is most easily done using NearInfinity. I already altered mine a little to make sure that even multiclass characters can reach 9th level in all their classes (except fighter/mage/thief who can get to 8/9/10 and fighter/mage/cleric who can get to 8/9/9 but that should be good enough for this game). If you want to remove the cap altogether then set every numeric value to -1...but that can lead to overkill; I am uncertain if the higher-level spells were fixed so they might also cause problems here.

Editing just XPCAP.2DA is not enough anymore. Please refer to this thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10212/simple-xp-cap-remover
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    mlnevese said:

Editing just XPCAP.2DA is not enough anymore.

Ah so. I missed those two files during my initial browse through the inner workings. I do see that the cap is already set to 600k xp, which is about where I had my cap set for now.

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Cuv said:

@Oxford_Guy I am not sure why it doesnt work then. Might be your notepad is messing up something. Have you tried another text editor? I use ConTEXT (but I am a dinosaur and dont like to change)... its still available and free. http://www.contexteditor.org/

One other thing to try is to edit the ini outside of the directory and then drop it back in. It might not be getting all the correct changes. I dont know though.

I'll try editing with Sublime Text, that usually manages to not screw up text
    Got it working now, much easier to see what's going on with Sublime Text! Thanks for the tips.
    BTW I used this to CLUA in an item that's meant to be dropped but isn't:

The elven chain mail (CHAN12) that's meant to be dropped but isn't - It is worn by the girl in the Dorn encounter before the Nashkel mines. Worn, but not dropped, which Trent has implied is meant to happen, see: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8110/major-spoilers-a-guide-to-new-magic-items/p6/

For an evil figher/mage (or bard) this is great, as you can't get the Evil Robes of Archmagi until v.late in the game. I don't like "cheating" but think adding this item back in could be considered legitimate, it's not a particularly OP item
  • VukiVuki Member Posts: 36
    Could someone help me? I tried the CLUAConsole command and it is working for me properly. I can give my chars items and so on. But the most important command is not working: I cannot give XP to my character. It does not do anything, my char XP remains the same. Could someone help me please? I would like to use this feature to test high level characters.
  • VukiVuki Member Posts: 36
    Ok, never mind, I have found the solution. It works in a strange way, after executed the command the game have to be save and reload it. That way it is working. However other commands work properly without this save-load process.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Andtalath said:

I hope you'll enable the AI updates per second option.
    That one is sorely missing for an old BG-fan such as myself.

We've add FPS back in the latest code.
    -Trent

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited December 2012
    @Oxford_Guy

I am in a similar situation, except I have a good elven fighere/mage, but I would prefer to use elven chain (because it looks good dontcha know). However, I am unable to create the item, there just comes up alot about Rain = false and stuff :P

I typed in CLUAConsole:CreateItem("CHAN12")

Is there something wrong with that command? I did it in cloakwood, highlighting CHARNAME.

EDIT: Sorry folks, seems that i erroneosly used CRTL + m, isntead of CTRL + SPACE. Created it now =)
  • HogfatherHogfather Member Posts: 27
    Anyone know how to spawn gem bags and scroll cases? Don't see any containers on the item list linked?
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    forgot the gem bags item code, but believe scroll cases are BAG03
  • Tari_dTari_d Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know how to use this to change the PC paper doll?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Tari_d That is not a simple thing. You would need to override the existing paper doll.
    I have updated the top post with the new FPS info under 2. INI settings.

Tested it out and it works. I have posted a warning that any FPS entry higher than '35' will result in virtually destroying the game cutscenes. Alter as you desire, it works... but be cautious. Please do not post bugs for cutscenes if you have set the FPS higher than what has been verified to still function as intended :)
  • HogfatherHogfather Member Posts: 27
    Edwin said:

forgot the gem bags item code, but believe scroll cases are BAG03

Found the codes on a BG2 code list thingy, looks like everything but bags of holding work.

Which I wasn't going to make, because that would be cheating. I was just 'testing' :p

• Tari_dTari_d Member Posts: 3
    Cuv said:

@Tari_d That is not a simple thing. You would need to override the existing paper doll.

I don't know much about it I'm afraid it was just easy in bg2 I believe it was because there was a clua console cheat code for it.
    Oh.. are you just talking about this?: CTRL + 6/7 : Change Selected animation With that you can cycle through the animations. Not all of them have paper dolls for the inventory screen though.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I (think) I succesfully enabled the console. Ctrl + space brings up "CLUAconsole:". I've tried to give myself a simple item and some gold as tests. Each time I get the following response:

lua: indexed expression not a table
    Actice Stack:
    Actice Stack:

I tried playing with spaces between words and also read above that it would sometimes only work after saving/reloading. Neither worked. What am I doing wrong? Komarr go "duh".
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    CLUAConsole with a capital C in Console.
  • DarkovanDarkovan Member Posts: 90
    Is it possible to use this to change a characters base appearance?
    for example, when i dueled my thief to cleric her appearance changed from thief to cleric. (i presume to allow for helms without the hood clipping, mage - fighter for similar reason i guess?)
    I don't mind if i cant see my helm, i just want my hoody back lol, so possible?

My game disagrees with you.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Darkovan, you can do that with Shadowkeeper (there should be instructions around here somewhere on how to get it working).

Komarr said:

My game disagrees with you.
    copy and paste it strait out of here, if its still not working i have no idea... also make sure you remove the [ and ].

Troodon80 said:

@Darkovan, you can do that with Shadowkeeper (there should be instructions around here somewhere on how to get it working).

That program basically uses these codes ya? so presumably there is one, does anyone know it?

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2012
    @Darkovan, Shadowkeeper is a save game editor, it doesn't use in-game codes to change stuff like appearence (just values).

I'm really not sure you can do it with codes. There might be a way of making a custom script (like polymorphing and change shape), though, but Shadowkeeper would probably be the quickest method for now.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/profile/9394/CoM_Solaufein My game apologizes to you. It was wrong. I mean this literally. When I opened the CLUA console it gave me "CLUAconsole:". By changing it to "CLUAConsole:" it worked. weird.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Those finicky programming languages being case sensitive.
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    Cheat Keys:
    One that you missed: CTRL + T moves the game time on 1 hour.
    (handy if you're waiting for an effect to wear off).
    Thanks @Ligg will add that to the OP
  • MaiNoKenMaiNoKen Member Posts: 12
    I tried to do Cheats:TheGreatGonzo() but it does not seem to work. Who doesn't want to summon killer fowls :P?
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Just to clarify, UI scaling is useless on a 1366x768 resolution screen? My desktop works fine with the command but my laptop looks identical.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited January 2013
    With respect to Portaits, I have no problem using the alternative portraits at character creation but can't seem to use them when editing with Shadowkeeper (following the directions on the others thread so it seems to work in all other respects). Has anyone had this issue with the new portraits? Thanks!

This is OK for the PC with the customize function but has anyone gotten this to work for NPCs through Shadowkeeper (as opposed to renaming the files for all saved games in the portrait folder or override folder)?